Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations

Old November 20th, 2022, 09:19 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Air Marshal Zed Nesbitt Personal Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Whoa! I think Im going to have to look for 3rd part airship models to proxy this guy now that these rules exist. Thanks for starting to stat out this guy! The special abilities really read like what I had thought the original designers had in mind. Speaking of which is there anyway to show this to the war council members or the design team to see if you were at least on the right track?
Is there a way? Yes. Can they actually answer your question? Not legally.
Old November 20th, 2022, 09:23 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Whoa! I think Im going to have to look for 3rd part airship models to proxy this guy now that these rules exist. Thanks for starting to stat out this guy! The special abilities really read like what I had thought the original designers had in mind. Speaking of which is there anyway to show this to the war council members or the design team to see if you were at least on the right track?
I had figured there would be NDA's but a general reaction or even a nondescript hot or cold would be nice.
Old November 20th, 2022, 09:58 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had figured there would be NDA's but a general reaction or even a nondescript hot or cold would be nice.
Nope. I've tried.
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Just pinning this new version for posterity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
AIR MARSHAL ZED NESBITT [Draft 2.0 by Chas]

(Volarek/Ullar) Clockword Combine

Vorid
Unique Hero
Champion
Tricky
Huge 20

Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 6
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

Altitude

When rolling defense, the first shield rolled will block two wounds. Zed Nesbitt gets Attack +1 to his regular nonadjacent attack against all nonflying figures instead of normal height advantage. He gets normal height advantage when attacking an adjacent figure.

Tow

An entire squad of Vorids with Glider Landing who have not been destroyed may be placed on an empty space within 6 spaces of Zen Nesbitt before the revealing of a single Order Marker. You cannot place any figure adjacent to either figures or Glyphs. The placed figures cannot move normally on their first turn.

Bombs Away! Range 2 Attack 6

At Game Start place two Bomb Markers on this card. One at a time may be used to make a bomb attack. Choose a target figure within range. This target and all adjacent figures roll defense separately. Zed Nesbitt is not affected by Bombs Away!

Stealth Flying

Note: This is a two space figure on a peanut base!

*This is an unofficial, not for profit, nonHasbro fan made custom.*

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Isamu,

Well, the fact that there are people here on this thread, which I was hesitant to start but then encouraged to make, supporting the card, speaks volumes to me. And I hope my own local pals in The New York City Gang of Four will help me proxy play it and other AOAs here at The Game Palace. I was backing a copy of the new offering so we could all play with the new Factions, so now I hope we'll get to proxy play them together anyhow--perhaps with this and more Personal Custom versions of the other unreleased cards as well.

All four of us in the NYCG4 have been making Scape customs of all possible types ourselves for many years, and I like to think we know what we are doing. Some of our ideas have been accepted by C3V and SOV in the past, and we've done many Supers on our own as well as playtesting for C3G, back when the Kryptonite Glyph was a new thing.
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:16 AM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

@chas ,

Well if you or the gang want suggestions on what to proxy for other models for the AoA lineup please feel free to check out the proxy model suggestion thread! We got a ton of awesome suggestions (including one for Zed at the moment but that will surely grow in the near future I hope). Id love to see what other designs you come up with for the unreleased figures, I'll be sure to add them to the thread once the cards become available to print. Cant wait to start collecting AoA: Bootleg Edition models for our game group too! (including Zed)
Old November 21st, 2022, 09:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Zed is perhaps the easiest to do, since his mini is so suggestive. The other unrevealed cards are:

Dryan Lifebourne Order

Ewashia, Mistress of Tides
Girushia, Grove Keeper
Onshu the Welkineye
Vrono the Brambletooth

Nemesis War Brood

Oathbound Phalanx
Oathbound Legionnaires

The Seven Kyrie

The Five SOTM Heroes

The latter would be the easiest to do, relatively, since they are built on versions of characters we already have. The Oathbound we know can turn into each other. Three of the Dryans are "only" familiars, and so lower point characters. Etc.

I'll wait to see how Zed is received before I do any others for now. And of course if there are any unexpected further developments by Avalon Hill/Hasbro. But I would eventually like to see them all as available to us in some form.

The proxies I use for now myself will probably not be as close as the excellent suggestions by TheIsamu and others on the proxy figure thread, as I'm running out of storage space in my very full apartment here in NYC (aka "The Game Palace," which is not a neat game heaven as it sounds, but rather a bunch of game stuff piles and a clear large table). For example, since I have a large collection of Star Wars minis, I'm thinking Wookies for the Bears right now!

Last edited by chas; November 21st, 2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old November 21st, 2022, 01:10 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's how I would do altitude
Quote:
Zed is always considered to be 4 levels higher than the spaces he is on. Figures with a range of 4 or less, never have a height advantage on Zed when attacking with a normal attack.
Old November 21st, 2022, 01:48 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Perhaps something like this could work too?

Altitude
When attacking or defending against a non-flying figure, Zed is always considered to have a height advantage.
Old November 21st, 2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

Altitude
When attacking or defending against a non-flying figure, Zed is always considered to have a height advantage.
In that case, two Zeds from different armies would have height advantage against each other if the Glyph of Rannveig is in use... How's that work?
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:10 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

Altitude
In that case, two Zeds from different armies would have height advantage against each other if the Glyph of Rannveig is in use... How's that work?
Zed is a flying figure, so in a mirror match you would then just fall back to use his base to determine height advantage the same as you would a dragon, Kyrie, or any other flying figures.

Would have to look at the glyph thing closer to understand impact. Would the glyph of Rannveig negate Brandis Skyhunter's attack bonus against flying figures? Or does it just cancel flying movement?

EDIT:
Glyph of Rannveig
When a figure is on this Glyph, no figure may use the "Flying" power.

So it doesn't make change the fact that a figure has the "Flying" power, it just means they can't use it.

Last edited by Good Pig; November 21st, 2022 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Glyph of Rannveig text added.
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:16 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Following. This is a good start - perhaps not how I’d do it but I’m hoping to work on my own draft at some point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations