Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
10th Regiment of Foot Revealed

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Re: 10th Regiment of Foot Revealed

It is amazing to me that the minds that come up with these stats, can take something like the 4th Mass, make some minor tweaks, and have such a different and viable outcome. I love this new squad, and it in no way detracts from 4th Mass.

Very nice indeed. Thank you WOTC.

-D

To be the man, you have to beat the man!

Last edited by TheMainMan; June 2nd, 2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It seems the only advantage the 4th mass have to keep them in competitive play is the ability to get the 3rd defense with a valiant army. It will be interisting to see the results on the tourney metagame when these come out. Thier odd point cost might drive people away, but yu never know.

Great addition to the game WotC
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:10 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Two threads about the same subject made at the same time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
It seems the only advantage the 4th mass have to keep them in competitive play is the ability to get the 3rd defense with a valiant army. It will be interisting to see the results on the tourney metagame when these come out. Thier odd point cost might drive people away, but yu never know.
For only 5 points more the the 4th Mass, they get an additional defense, plus with the jungle brush and height, they could have 5 defense in all for 75 points. That is hefty!

Last edited by insomnimaniac; June 2nd, 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: clarification
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Wow, these are probably my new favorite ranged squad, and that's saying something. The 75 points is a neat total, x2 being a more even 150 than the 140 of the 4th line. I also thought it was pretty clever how they made the fact that you can't stack Wait Then Fire and Bayonet more thematic. Range and melee, in one neat little package. Bravo, Heroscape-makers!

Edit: Just realized they're Soldiers. Hooray, no more wasting a power to get your 6-move soldier squads!
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

These guys are going to be much, much fun!

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

I really like how they are more geared towards the melee, while still being ranged. I think it is because of the Jungle terrain coming out. But either way range or melee, this squad wil be interesting to play.

DeadEye
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

A melee ranged squad. I'm definitely intrigued.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post

Great addition to the game WotC
Yeah. These and the new wolves in the same pack look like great fun.

That 3rd defense does make a difference for the 4th Mass, but I love the options for these guys. If you get engaged, you could have two figures swing around, and meanwhile have two others move and fire from height far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't believe it. It's only been up for 25 minutes and already nine posts.

That said I love these guys. I don't have the 4th Mass and so these guys will definitely be seeing a lot of use in my armies. Combined with how excited I am about the Wolves! Woo Hoo! Woo Hoo!.

So, anyone want to take bets? I'd bet over 1000 posts by this time tomorrow. What do you think???
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM

Elites are #1 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

At my house, these will be loved. Mainly for the ranged/melee thing going on.

"Were it so easy"- The Arbiter
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is interesting that you can gain the bayonet bonus by moving around an opposing figure you're already engaged with... Pivot and stab! When you move in your melee figures to engage the Redcoats, you'll really need to be careful with your final placement to try to pin them down, denying them the option of an easy bayonet movement.

Obviously the Gladiatrons will be anxious to engage these Brits as quickly as possible!

These guys are similar to the 4th Mass, (and rightly so... I mean come on, they're soldiers from the same era!), but different enough to make how you play them on the field very unique. It'll be fun chosing just that right moment for your bayonet charge as the enemy approaches!

And historically/thematically, it makes sense for the 4th Mass to be more defense-oriented and the 10th Regiment to be more offense-oriented. Brilliantly subtle in their unit creation for a 4th Mass counterpoint.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units