Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Old April 13th, 2014, 01:50 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Terrain Sanctum Voting Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yep. And what's the point of these buildings if they make so much of the map unusable and you can't even enter one of the doors?

That rule set looks sound. Yea from me.

I'm not sure how many people are still paying attention to this sanctum, unfortunately .... Pretty soon, we might need a purge and narrow it down to a smaller, crack team of folks who want to get these designs finished up.

Thanks for the kick in the pants here, quozl.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 13th, 2014, 04:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have any issues with it. I do like the counting of partial hexes as 2, not sure when that happened but it makes sense.

Yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It does because the doors to the buildings are creating partial hexes.
You need rules for the door anyway add the movement through the door there, this is adding to the battlefield.

If a space doesn't have 6 sides it's not a hex. The rule you guys have proposed make it sound like there are small hexes on the battlefield which you are now labeling as partial hex. That's not correct. Where do you draw the line? If only the tip is showing can you move through that (doesn't seem right to me)?

Nay
Old April 13th, 2014, 07:43 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
It does because the doors to the buildings are creating partial hexes.
You need rules for the door anyway add the movement through the door there, this is adding to the battlefield.

If a space doesn't have 6 sides it's not a hex. The rule you guys have proposed make it sound like there are small hexes on the battlefield which you are now labeling as partial hex. That's not correct. Where do you draw the line? If only the tip is showing can you move through that (doesn't seem right to me)?

Nay
Not really. If something is partial, then it's not complete. A complete hexagon has 6 sides. An incomplete hexagon (typically referred to as another shape) has less than 6 sides.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 13th, 2014, 07:56 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yes but in the power you guys are defining what a partial hex is & this is how you have defined it. ie: "A partial hex is any unoccupied hex that your a figure's base cannot completely fit onto."

Having said that what does a hex have to do with anything? The battlefield does not in any current definition of the game have hexes. The battlefield in official terms is made up of spaces. Any definition you guys wish to make needs to define exactly what a partial space is. If you want to define a partial space as a partial hex you will first have to define how that hex is related to the spaces on a battlefield.

Last edited by A3n; April 13th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:19 PM
C-Wedgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Yes but in the power you guys are defining what a partial hex is & this is how you have defined it. ie: "A partial hex is any unoccupied hex that your a figure's base cannot completely fit onto."

Having said that what does a hex have to do with anything? The battlefield does not in any current definition of the game have hexes. The battlefield in official terms is made up of spaces. Any definition you guys wish to make needs to define exactly what a partial space is. If you want to define a partial space as a partial hex you will first have to define how that hex is related to the spaces on a battlefield.
I concede this point. What about:
Quote:
PASSING THROUGH PARTIAL SPACES

A partial space is any unoccupied space that a figure's base cannot completely fit onto. A figure can move through any partial space as long as its movement can end on a legal space. Count each partial space moved through as 2 spaces. When flying or leaping over partial spaces, count each partial space as 1 space.

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Proposal amended to use the term space instead of hex.

(see cwjde's post for the new wording)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 13th, 2014, 11:40 PM

Still not there.

The way you & Q have it worded is like you are labelling any space that a figure cannot fit on as a partial space. So even if it's a complete space just because the figure's base cannot fit on your definition now labells that a partial space. Which flies in face of the intent of the official rules.

Here the all the spaces inside are currently usable with the official ruleset if the base of the figure fits on the space. With your intended (not how you currently have it worded) those little bits of spaces on the outside bottom of the house you would allow a figure to use them as movement spaces (obviously as a player you wouldn't in that circumstance) but this demonstrates how open your definition will be (even when you get it right).
Old April 13th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm fine with that for gameplay purposes. But I'm also open to counter-proposals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 14th, 2014, 01:21 AM

The counter is to use the official rules as they are & not make a special rule here for partial spaces. You know just like we have already voted in this same thread only a page back.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How do we make the third door on the house usable, then? We need a solution there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 14th, 2014, 04:25 PM
C-Wedgie

Quote:
I'm fine with that for gameplay purposes. But I'm also open to counter-proposals.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers