Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 1st, 2015, 10:57 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Mera (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
...her calming influence improves...

Thoughts?
That's the part here that I really don't buy with this design. Mera is easily one of the most aggressive characters in all of the DC universe (I would say she is the most aggressive female). The defensive power, coupled with how Hard Water works right now just seems all defense to me. The Mera I know from the comics is usually getting talked down into a more peaceful approach by her husband, not the other way around.

Also, she's done a lot of things with her Hard Water abilities, including basic strikes (what is represented here) defensive shields, sort of "animated" constructs, a water vacuum to launch Aquaman, and draining moisture from people. I'm not saying all these should be in here, but I'd love to see it feel more like she can move as opposed to just stand there and help defend her fellow Atlanteans (even though range on her water and aura really overlap).
Old March 1st, 2015, 11:37 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Good point. She is a Xebel-Atlantean trained assassin sent to kill Aquaman only to fall in love with him to such a degree that upon his death she builds a rebel army in an effort to retrieve his body and eventually becomes (for a time) a Red Lantern fueled by rage.

That said, as Johnny mentioned she hasn't always been written this way and has been around for a long time.
Old March 1st, 2015, 03:13 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
LOVE OF ATLANTIS
If you control Aquaman and he is not destroyed, add one to the Defense of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera. If Aquaman is in your army and he is destroyed, add one to the Attack of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera.
I actually quite like this suggestion; I think we could even bump that attack boost to +2 though, to really show her aggressive nature.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 2nd, 2015, 01:05 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
One exception - and this is sort of a weird precedent, I admit - but historically, our "love" powers have A) had no range limit and B) been character-specific. On top of that, it's a bit weird to me that she only feels love when within 6 spaces of her husband... I'd kind of like the power to be active as long as you control Aquaman. It seems strange to me to have her be "in love" with Namor or Orm or whatever.

Unless we rename it to Atlantean Consort or something which implies more politics than emotion.
Good point, the love power having a range restriction is pretty odd thematically. Also, I have been persuaded that keeping the power Aquaman-specific is a good idea. As an Atlantean, Namor receives some synergy anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
LOVE OF ATLANTIS
If you control Aquaman and he is not destroyed, add one to the Defense of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera. If Aquaman is in your army and he is destroyed, add one to the Attack of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera.
I actually quite like this suggestion; I think we could even bump that attack boost to +2 though, to really show her aggressive nature.
I like this suggestion too. Mera is a very aggressive character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I also agree that Hard Water as-is is really powerful, but I'm not a fan of quozl's suggested tweak (she needs to have water around to use, but her Hard Water abilities aren't restricted by the water's location). Personally, I'd just bump the roll on it up to 14 or 15, but otherwise leave it as-is.
Hard Water is too powerful as-is. Bumping the d20 roll seems like the best decision to me. This gives Mera a swarm clearing option while occasionally wounding some hard-to-hit characters like Batman or Thor, but it's no longer a no-brainer to use Hard Water rather than her normal attack.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 01:32 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about giving her some options with Hard Water so it feels a bit more flexible as a power? Something like:

Hard Water

If Mera is within 2 spaces of a water tile, instead of attacking with Mera, you may do one of the following:
  • You may choose up to two different figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Mera. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
  • Choose an Atlantean figure within 2 spaces of the water tile. Place that figure on any empty space within three spaces and you may immediately attack with it. If a figure moved this way inflicts a wound on an enemy figure, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure.
  • Move all figures within four spaces of Mera one space. Figures moved by Hard Water will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Though that feels like a lot of text and could probably be paired down if not changed completely in its content.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 01:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Her other two powers are fairly short so there should be enough space for a text heavy power. That looks quite nice to me. As a player I enjoy more options.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2015, 05:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I don't get how the other 2 options represent the hard water aspect.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I don't get how the other 2 options represent the hard water aspect.
Entirely valid.

Going that route would probably call for it being renamed Aquakinesis (the name for her general ability to manipulate water). Option two is creating the water vacuum/spout to launch characters, option three was basically a tidal wave pushing things around.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:49 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That power is interesting and gives Mera a lot more options. I'm not sure she needs the complexity, though. I can be persuaded if more options for Hard Water is favored by the majority, but for now I think this is what we're looking at:

Quote:
NAME = Mera

SPECIES = Atlantean
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Queen
PERSONALITY = Devoted
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

WATER STRENGTH 2
Mera does not stop her movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 dice to Mera's attack and defense while she is on a water space.

LOVE OF ATLANTIS

HARD WATER 14
Instead of attacking, if Mera is within 2 spaces of a Water tile, you may roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures within 4 spaces of Mera, one at a time. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives one wound.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:17 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm happy with that.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I could see Hard Water being tweaked a little more if testing shows it's still too powerful, but that works for me.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I'd support that version, simple and fun.

However, if we did want to go more complex with Hard Water (or Aquakinesis, which sounds better in my opinion), I'd suggest dropping Water Strength, putting the defensive part of it in Hard Water/Aquakinesis, and throwing in a tossing ability like this:

Quote:
AQUAKINESIS
Mera does not stop her movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 dice to Mera's defense while she is within 2 spaces of a water space. After moving and instead of attacking with Mera, if she is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may choose up to 4 figures within 4 spaces of Mera and roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, you may either inflict 1 unblockable wound on the chosen figure, or place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Aquakinesis do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library