Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 7th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Taeblewalker's Fantasy Customs

Hey, all! I have been kicking around some ideas. The first one is a custom based on the Warforged Artificer. I would appreciate feedback from anyone on any and all aspects of the figure, including the name!
Each figure will be posted here, at the top of the thread.

ARTIFICE
Vydar

This is the Warforged Artificer from Arcane Heroes 3.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 17th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Taeblewalker's Fantasy Customs

I like Alchemist Fire a lot, themewise and gamewise. An issue with the wording: I don't think a figure can be adjacent to a space, only to another figure. You could do something like "any figure whose base is at the same level and could reach it in a move of 1" although that's not very elegant... Or place it under Artifice and use adjacency to him? It's no longer a ranged effect then.
Old July 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I believe a figure can be adjacent to the tile if it's on the same level or lower, and not too low.

But I'm not sure that's what I want to do with the power, and it doesn't fit on the card anyway without giving up one of the other powers.

Old July 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

ARCANE REPLENISHMENT

Do you mean place the glyph face up on the card, since its already on it from start? Or do you mean transfer the glyph from Artifice to an adjacent hero and place it face up? Or optionally either? Is the D20 roll only when transferring it, or when he uses it too? I'd let him use it on anything but a 1. After all, you're paying 110 points for a fairly weak guy if they don't work on their one time use.

Are the glyphs initially chosen at random or at will?

ALCHEMIST'S FIRE

Does he roll for himself if he places it adjacent? (I say no).

Last edited by chas; July 8th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
ARCANE REPLENISHMENT

Do you mean place the glyph face up on the card, since its already on it from start?
Face up, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
Or do you mean transfer the glyph from Artifice to an adjacent hero and place it face up? Or optionally either?
"on this army card." It always winds up on Artifice's card.

Quote:
Is the D20 roll only when transferring it, or when he uses it too?
"When Artifice or an adjacent friendly unique hero activates a temporary treasure glyph, roll the 20-sided die."

Quote:
I'd let him use it on anything but a 1. After all, you're paying 110 points for a fairly weak guy if they don't work on their one time use.
Perhaps. But I thought the 1-5 failure mechanic mirrored the trap mechanic for picking up treasure glyphs nicely.

Quote:
Are the glyphs initially chosen at random or at will
They are chosen by the player. I thought that was implicit in the wording, but perhaps it needs to be clearer.

Quote:
ALCHEMIST'S FIRE

Does he roll for himself if he places it adjacent? (I say no).
I agree!

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM

I changed the wording of the powers a bit.

Here's a question - does every Warforged need to have Warforged Resolve? I know that it's a given in D&D.

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I changed the wording of the powers a bit.

Here's a question - does every Warforged need to have Warforged Resolve? I know that it's a given in D&D.
Siege does not, so my guess is NO.

I love the sculpt. I am a little unclear on Arcane Replenishment, as you have it worded. Does the friendly figure get to first use the glyph (and Artifice produces something similar to a second use for the glyph, which could be a cool, albeit rather powerful, ability) before Artifice takes it with a 6+ on the d20?
Old July 8th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I've always wanted a mechanic for being "adjacent to a tile". It is a simple wording, that really doesn't break other special power.

However, what is adjacent?

Is a figure on a bridge over the choosen tile adjacent? is a tile 10 levels about or even one level below adjacent? What about 4 Levels above the tile a deathreaver is on, what if it was Agent Carr or Krug. Do double space figures roll twice.

It is so tricky using a space with no figure on it as a reference point.

Maybe something like:

Roll one unblockable attack die against any figures on a same level space with in one clear space of the placed molten lava tile. Artifice or figures that have Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Alchemists Fire.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You could say something like "Treat the tile as a figure with a height of 1 for the duration if the turn" or something like that, but it's iffy.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old July 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The GIE's ice cold refers to adjacent water spaces, so it has some official usage. The Double based figures rolling twice thing isn't an issue, they don't get hit by Explosion attacks twice or anything like that.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The GIE's ice cold refers to adjacent water spaces, so it has some official usage. The Double based figures rolling twice thing isn't an issue, they don't get hit by Explosion attacks twice or anything like that.
From the Marro Warriors card:

"If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Marro Warrior on a same-level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior."

This is from the very first master set. If that's good enough for Craig and company, then it's good enough for me. And that means specifically that it's OK to talk about the adjacency of an empty space, too!

I think we can all accept that any spaces lower than the Marro Warrior's base are NOT adjacent. That's because they don't have anything on them - figures on such spaces might be adjacent, but not the spaces themselves.

Now, with their height of 4, and spaces that are up to three levels higher are also adjacent. This is using A) the rules allowing a space to be adjacent as shown on the Marro Warriors' card and B) using the general adjacency rules stating that anything higher than a figure's base but no higher than the figure's height minus 1 is considered adjacent.

And double space figures are fine.

Old July 8th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
"If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Marro Warrior on a same-level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior."
I see your point. However the adjacency is still referring to a figure as your reference point. In alchemist fire it is the lava tile that is the reference point. If you clarify with the "same-level" wording I think it would clarify. As it stands I'm not sure if any figure can be adjacent to a molten lava tile (it's height is 0 after all).

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions