Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 15th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The Tanarus design overall is solid and probably worth his points as a solo hero. I'm not sure how I feel about a bionic human gladiator; the gladiators we do have are historical-based, not sci-fi, so it feels somehow off. But I probably wouldn't feel that way if he wasn't a Human from Earth, so perhaps my reaction is silly. Actually I would feel better if his species was Cyborg, as it brings more of the backstory into the unit and prevents bonding with the Capuans. While bonding with the Capuans may be a design goal, I suspect that giving them a character of this potency would be too much of a boost. A brute with a movement ability and multiple special attacks, including a multi-target ranged one, is extremely good for any bonding squad, much less one as solid as the Capuans.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I was also hoping to get some feedback on a figure I'm working on that might have SoV potential:

Verdana
General: Ullar
Species: Human
Unique Hero
Class: Druid
Personality: Devout
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 2
60 points

Special Abilities

With the Green
Instead of moving normally, if Verdana is adjacent to a tree or bush, she may move to any unoccupied space adjacent to any tree or bush within 4 clear sight spaces. When using With The Green, Verdana does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Arboreal Command Special Attack
Range 6, Attack Special. For each tree adjacent to the target figure, Verdana may make an attack with 3 attack dice. For each bush adjacent to the target figure, Verdana may make an attack with 2 attack dice. The defending figure gains no additional defense dice for being adjacent to a Jungle Piece.

Ullar's Hope
If Verdana is adjacent to a tree or bush, Verdana and all friendly figures who follow Ullar and are adjacent to that tree or bush roll 1 additional defense die when defending against a normal attack.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Pathfinder Human Druid, over 50 listed on abprices, as cheap as $0.79 on Auggie's. I was able to add 99 to my cart at Paizo's site.

Spoiler Alert!

Obviously she's map dependent, but then so are the Eilan Sidhe. In initial playtesting the Sidhe are an obvious pairing, but she also makes a fun cheerleader for the wizards if you can get the pod next to a tree.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated!
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Verdana is more than simply map dependent, she is pretty much useless outside of a tree/bush map.

Knowing that, she seems pretty fun. A couple of neat tricks, and may be able to keep opponents from sticking to trees for the bonus defense. I don't have any issues with the design.
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

She seems like she's worth closer to 30 or 40 points than 60. Ullar's Hope looks like the only power that's very useful to the rest of your army. Although I suppose an OM or two on her card would keep your opponent from placing figures next to trees and bushes within her range?

I've got to admit, nothing personal, but the design seems a little 'meh' to me. I'm sure some others will disagree (as Scytale already has)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I dinno, Verdana has the potential to throw 9 dice on some dense jungle maps.

She could fill a fun role if rather than a special attack she gained an attack die when attacking a figure adjacent to a Trees, you raised her attack and lowered her points.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The Tanarus design overall is solid and probably worth his points as a solo hero. I'm not sure how I feel about a bionic human gladiator; the gladiators we do have are historical-based, not sci-fi, so it feels somehow off. But I probably wouldn't feel that way if he wasn't a Human from Earth, so perhaps my reaction is silly. Actually I would feel better if his species was Cyborg, as it brings more of the backstory into the unit and prevents bonding with the Capuans. While bonding with the Capuans may be a design goal, I suspect that giving them a character of this potency would be too much of a boost. A brute with a movement ability and multiple special attacks, including a multi-target ranged one, is extremely good for any bonding squad, much less one as solid as the Capuans.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not married to the idea of Tanarus bonding with the Capuans .. just thought it would be a nice touch. I think a Cyborg Gladiator would be fine (though Cyborg Soldier might work as well).
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I finally got a chance to look at Tanarus.

Capuan bonding is definitely tricky territory. Since the Capuans are a pretty pre-set build, it's difficult for them to work in the extra 150 points, but Priscus does open their options up some.

Otherwise the rest of the Gladiator synergy is cool.

I'm actually more concerned about giving the 4th Mass such a great alternative to Sir Dupuis; I don't like Valiant for his personality. There are a lot of other fitting personalities you could use here.

Why Einar? He seems like he could fit Vydar pretty well.

--
--
--

--
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Ditto what Caps said on Vydar and Valiant personality.

I have a few additional thoughts as well. This guy is bringing enough specials to the fight that careful playtesting is going to be a must. Despite the fact that the Capuans would be reduced to two squads, I see an army with him and Sparty being pretty scary.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfortress View Post
Ditto what Caps said on Vydar and Valiant personality.
I was going Einar for the same general as the Capuans. If I stick with the Bonding option and keep him 'Human Gladiator' he can still shift to Vydar.

I'm okay dropping Valiant. I don't see him as Rebellious like the other Gladiators .. he was more heroic in his Bio to rally against his captors (hence valiant) but he could certainly be Fearless or Disciplined.

And yes - Point cost will be an important part of play-testing. I think he's okay at 150 if he doesn't bond.

Thanks for the input. I've got him re-based so I hope to get in some test matches soon.

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; July 18th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:10 PM

Here is my Al'kahora the Black Puma.

He is a wealthy prince from the planet Arctorus. Although he is a bit of a dandy in social settings, he is a ferocious and focused dueler--few in the provinces he hails from can match his speed or skill with a blade.

--

For the names of the powers I was shooting for Robert Jordan-esque descriptions of the movement, but I'm not sure how well mine work.

Thoughts?

--
--
--

--
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I got "Razorpetal Stance" but presumed that "Puma Form" was him magically transforming into a puma, so that one could use a tweak. "Puma Strike" or something might be better. Though Puma in general strikes me as an odd choice since I believe it comes from a Native American word... sort of out of step with the Victorian England flavor.

Sort of a bland unit at first glance but I think he'll play interestingly. Definitely a Ragtag Heroes sort of unit.
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Very cool design, bonuses for staying still and for moving. He's stuck in the realm of not-powerful-enough-to-build-an-army-around and too-many-points-for-just-filler, but he looks really fun. Taking turns with him is a brain burner.

I also got the impression he would be turning into a puma before reading the power, so I echo what johnny said there. "Al'kahora" seems like an odd name for a human, to me, though I understand he's from an alien world. I haven't read the Wheel of Time series (shame on me, I know), so maybe you're following a naming convention from there.

This seems like a good place to reuse the knight class to subtly boost Sir Dupuis. How about making his name "Prince Al'kahora", and changing his class to knight?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards