Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon - 2017 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Who's in charge of selecting the maps for GenCon each year? Are we allowed to suggest certain maps for them to consider?
Are you allowed to suggest? Of course you can suggest.

Usually the event organizer delegates someone to sort of head up map selection. We run through it in one of the private areas of the forums, with 5-8 people giving their thoughts about it.

Suggestions made here would get noticed and evaluated. I am sure there are a few maps coming out of your contests that will be under consideration.

Feel free to make any suggestions about anything.
Oh okay great. Yeah I think you saw where I was going with that question...Of the contests we've run so far there are a few maps that I feel would be good to consider for a GenCon run.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Not to compete too much, but I will be running events at Origins this year - see that thread to see how you can get 5-day weekend badges for $35!

Anyway, I would like some of the events at Gencon and Origins to be the same and some different, both for Heroscape and Magic:Arena, plus maybe combine orders on prize support such as Dice or shirts (although GENCON 50 would be sweet on dice). I don't know if someone is officially taking over GM duties of Gencon 2017, but either through forum discussions or PM we can plan events in tandem, as I am guessing (or rather hoping) Origins gets 1/2 the turnout of Gencon and a dozen or more people go to both but mostly people will go to one or the other.
So my Origins event list is final - see thread for details. I am sure none of the Gencon Heroscape events will be the same as ones I picked, but I would also like to see the Magic:AotP slightly different between both cons. I don't know if they were submitted yet, but here are my suggestions:
  • 600 point Kill-Em-All Tournament MM Tournament. Mirror Mirror Tournament. Five 50min rounds, last two rounds you switch armies and deck with your opponent for that game, play until entire army killed or until time. Ranked by partial card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Played on mixed Areana/Heroscape terrain. Bring your own 600 point army & 200 point deck, dice, markers.
  • 500 point Kill the Planeswalkers RR Tournament. Rolling Rumble Tournament. Four+ games, win by killing opponent's Planeswalkers first, or most points if game goes to time, max time 50 min but players start a new game as soon as opponent they have not played is available. Ranked by W/L ratio then full card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Bring your own 500 point army & 200 point deck, dice, markers.
Or make either of the above a 500 or 600 standard 1-player tournament.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 19th, 2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old March 20th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gen con events were submitted over a month ago.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 21st, 2017, 08:52 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Matthias Maccabeus good to know - I was actually worried no one was helming this year as there has been very little discussion of it.
Old March 21st, 2017, 05:27 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

yea for Heroscape being submitted, that rocks, I am thinking I may try and get in one or two of those Heroscape tourneys, ok, really thinking if I miss just one this year, I am guessing not, he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:46 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

We had shirts for gencon last year
Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:47 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

When can we sign up for gencon events.
Old March 28th, 2017, 12:48 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Event registration begins on the GenCon site on May 28th. No idea when we will be able to see what events are available.

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 28th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Event registration begins on the GenCon site on May 28th. No idea when we will be able to see what events are available.
Isn't this later than usual? I feel like normally we can sign up in April or early May.

Can't wait for the Con!
Old March 28th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Considering this is GC50, they may need some extra time to organize all the events.
I imagine this is going to be a big one.
Old March 29th, 2017, 09:40 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

That and GenCon is a couple weeks later than usual this year.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 31st, 2017, 08:38 PM

Cant wait to lose. XD. i love the game for the game win or lose. . I love just watching people play wtih all the figures that i dont own and see them played. 60% of my free time at gencon was watching people play. XD I guess this is the best place to say it, but thanks fir being such a great community.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con