Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Filthy's Green Stuff Projects and Repaints

Ugg !!! Where to start! I hate your post Filthy because it makes me want to toss my homework aside, pull out my toys and start casting again! I have not been able to play around with casting in a few months and seeing your work really make me try out all the cool stuff you discovered!!

First your wolves look great, I think I want to try and make all my wolves look like a set, but Z-mans idea of each lord with his own scheme sounds neat, I'll harrass him later to ask for a picture of his dog-lords.

Milliput? thougth about giving it a shot? For bigger figures you might try your instant-mold milliput instead of greenstuff. I made a few figure heads for my ships with it and it holds detail pretty neat, not tried making a single figure with it yet but it might work.

Your elementals..... I want... that project looks so much cooler then writting essays, I only have 6 more essays to go before this semester is over. I have no access to craft stores here so I might have to search online.

Your idea of moss on the elementals.. nice touch, I am torn with modifying my original figures some times but that looks like an easy touch up that will enhance the figure!

Overall, I hate your thread, its filled with tons of really cool stuff, great ideas and really interesting projects. People like me who are supposed to be focused on studying , finishing essays, and getting ready for a Hazmat exam are not thrilled.

You are a bad bad man sir....
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Overall, I hate your thread, its filled with tons of really cool stuff, great ideas and really interesting projects. People like me who are supposed to be focused on studying , finishing essays, and getting ready for a Hazmat exam are not thrilled.

You are a bad bad man sir....
LOL Toss those books aside! Besides, the molding compound that I am using can technically be listed as Hazmat material, so it is related to your studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Your elementals..... I want... that project looks so much cooler then writting essays, I only have 6 more essays to go before this semester is over. I have no access to craft stores here so I might have to search online.
Speaking of elementals, I am working on adding the guts of flickering LED candles to the inside of molded Fire Elementals:

The trick is getting the electronics to fit both in the base and partly in the body of the FE.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is making Fire Elementals like that cost efficient?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Is making Fire Elementals like that cost efficient?
Compared to buying them outright, sans electronics? From a direct cost perspective: probably not. If you skip the electronics, and just create them from my above molding materials...Then yes, they will be cost effective.

Here is a breakdown of the costs:
-EasyCast transparent casting resin: $12-17
-Transparent dye: $11
-InstantMold or other molding material (note that I already owned InstantMold): $14

From the above materials, I was able to create 11 elementals; since Fire Elementals are the smallest, I wager that 15 could be created. I also have a ton of the dye left, so it will go a long way (note that it only takes a couple of drops for each elemental).

A quick eBay search shows that FE's go for roughly $6, excluding shipping. So, if you can make at least 7-8 Fire Elementals, you will break even. Any quantity above that is profit. Plus, you can reuse the InstantMold and dye on other projects.

*This does not factor in the time involved. I am not sure how you value your time; in my case, it is a hobby so I did not apply a direct value beyond 'recreational purpose.'
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM

I finally finished three squads of Omnicron Repulsors. For this project, I tried out a different version of GreenStuff, which turned out to be essentially the same as the stuff that I normally use; at $15 for the tube, I was able to squeeze out three squads of Repulsors (I had a couple of rejects, unfortunately).

The figures themselves were fairly straightforward, although I had to separate some of the components (gun-arm, leg, and shoulder pad) via a knife, in order to reduce the amount of GreenStuff that would be used and make it easier to trim up the figures. Here is the InstantMold, with a couple of pieces that have gone under the scalpel:

I used the original pieces as trimming reference points, then glued everything together via regular super glue (which works great with this version of GreenStuff, I might add):

A finished squad; I gave them a slightly battle-worn visual, with a rather heavy, dark wash and a bit of dry-brushed 'rust' and gun metal (aka poor man's battle damage) on the armor: nothing too fancy, mind you...Just something to break up the 'bright and cheery' appearance of the figs:

I based them with Auggies' wooden HS bases. For $1, one receives 10 round, wooden bases, complete with detailed sticker. The bases are cheap, look great, and are easy to drill through for foot pegs. I found that holding the drill bit in-hand and manually drilling the holes worked better than using an electric drill on low setting. The bases are very light, but superbly durable. I highly recommend them.

The group shot: 9 Repulsors for the price of $15:
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Good work. I'll have to check out those bases.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM

I finally found a good use for Abomination...As an impromptu Chaos Spawn sculpt for Warhammer 40k:

It was a simple mod; I cut him in half, stuck a rolled tube of molded greenstuff to his lower torso, and then slapped a quick coat of paint on him after he cured. He is receiving a 'blessing' of sorts from a Dark Chaplain, who is also handing out TP.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Sweet. Great job Filthy.

Looks like he could be a Marro figure too.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Orgsbane did an awesome repaint of Abomination as a Marro.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Indeed I did, but it certainly wasn't my idea. The credit for that goes to obfuscatedhippo!

Spoiler Alert!

That is a sweet mod you did! I've never seen a Chaos Spawn, but that looks very... Spawny.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

That looks pretty cool. Great job Filthy!
~NS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions