Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Heroscape Proxies? - Image Intensive- Over 170 pictures

Updating this list is way overdue, now that Heroscape is no longer being produced and the prices of older figures are skyrocketing, more then ever is using proxies a better alternative than trading your firstborn child for a squad of Templars.

This is is mostly to find figures that are ready to use to replace official figures with little modifications needed fit right in.

Most of these figures are Mage Knight and are becoming harder to find but alot are still under $1.

Right click the picture as if you where going to save it to see the name of the unit. I've renamed most of the pictures to facilitate searching for them.

Master Sets
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 1
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 2
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 3
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 4
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 5
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 6
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 7
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 8
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 9
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 10
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 11 / D1
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 12 / D2
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 13 / D3
Spoiler Alert!

Flag Bearers

Spoiler Alert!

Large Sets
Spoiler Alert!

Terrain
Spoiler Alert!

Promotional Figures
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscapers that have already started making proxies;

.68 Has recreated a few units out of easier to find ones
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...78928&posted=1

WinonaVampire has upgraded his Venoc Vipers into Heavys
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33967

Last edited by Rocktroll; August 24th, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Proxies aren't supposed to be something you spend money on. If you only had one squad of Blade Gruts and wanted two, you could substitute the Knights of Weston if you weren't already using them.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I have looked at this some. But I do it a little different. I don't necessarily look at for minis that look the same, just minis of approximately the same size that could reasonable have the same stats (and SAs). For example, for Microcorps agents I have used these from SWM.

These make good Warrior of Ashra substitutes.

I have used these for Gorillinators.

I may use the wookiees from the newest set (due out later this week) for the Gorillinators too.

I will post some more later.

EDIT: Here is the new Wookiee I mentioned.

These guys would make good 4th Mass proxies.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape Proxies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll
"ooh this could make a neat anubian archer!"

Anubian Archers

Don't you mean Aubrian Archers? I'm pretty sure the Anubians don't have a ranged unit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
oops thanks

As for not having to buy any. I like making my armies by themes. I could use other figures for Knights, but if they dont look like knights its not the same. I dont mind if they are not official heroscape knights as long as they all look shiny and plated.

I havent checked Star wars, Demonblade and D&D minis yet. will do so later

Edit

AHA !! I knew they where out there, I found the Anubian Archers :P
Very elite and elusive unit, very hush hush
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Thing I like about SW and D&D minis is that the base is small and fits in well with HS. One problem is the large bases. The older large bases were perfect for HS (about the size of DW9k's base or about 1.5") then a few sets ago the increaced the base size to about 2". The 2" base is slightly to big for HS and overlaps the surrounding hex very slightly. If you don't have elevated terrain around the hex or another large-based fig next to it then it is not a big deal.
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:03 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
GENTLEMEN...

I think Ergo Proxy would be a welcomed addition to the...

oh, wait, never mind.

Dr. Weirdscaper is Kahn the Fire Death Knight in: World of WEIRDSCAPER.
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:59 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
HS figures are cheap enough that if you are going to do proxies, you should go cheap or not go at all. The uniques end up being $1-$2 each and there are very few uniques that I field all the time. You might as well buy the ones you want.
When I don't have enough commons we use poker chips to fill in the gaps. As the figures get killed off, you swap them out for chips. There's potential for LOS issues, but it hasn't come up. We play with generous LOS rules though. (When in doubt, take his $#@ out...) You have to have the cards anyway. You could print them but that takes time, effort, and ink. You could also play off scraps of paper with the appropriate data, but there's a line between frugal and lame that I won't cross.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old November 14th, 2007, 02:26 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Those are cool proxies! In my case I just use marked stones (it's a joke...my life is not sad).

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie
You could also play off scraps of paper with the appropriate data, but there's a line between frugal and lame that I won't cross.
Sigged.
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Personally I can't stand using proxies. It's just not the same and it bugs me right from the get go. My play group has always been of the school "If you don't have em' you can't draft em' "

... Maybe thatís why I spend so much damn money on this game.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
I can see using proxies to test out figures that have not yet been released.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion