Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 25th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Booster Gold - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
The whole Time Machine thing is something he has done like 2 times in the comics I've read with him in it so I'm not really digging it. Temporal Defense with Skeet's Temporal Memory banks would be cool.

I'm not really digging the Shield Belt, I think a slight Defense boost to 6 would cover his force field much better. In the comic's I've read with him his force field comes from his bracelets.

Very exciting to see this design, he is one of my favorites. I don't know why, I just like him.
You must only be reading of him in the Justice League comics. In his own comics, that is his thing. He corrects & protects the time line by travelling through time & working with the super hero that is there, makes the fix & travels again. Some comics actually had him jumping numerous times in the one book.
I've read a lot of his older stuff. I really like Time Machine if it fits his overall theme, it's a great power. I need to get more Booster Gold books. I'd rather have Time Machine and Glory Hunter than Temporal Defense here.
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'd rather have Time Machine and Glory Hunter than Temporal Defense here.
Funny you say that, because that's what I originally had with the Shield Belt. I let Griff talk me into the change because I also got from a conversation you had that you wanted Skeets in it. I would have preferred one of the other clix also but this one had Skeets.
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Skeet's is one of the most interesting things about Booster Gold's character in my opinion and the mini in the OP is the best looking one out there.

I'd like to see Defense of 6, Glory Hunter, Time Machine, and Skeet's Databanks.
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

When I think of Booster I think a few things:

1 - Typical Super Powers like Flight and Strength
2 - Cocky attitude
3 - Skeets

If we could just stick to those 3 things (with a ranged attack) I really think we will be MUCH better off.
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like we have a few powers to consider ... how would Glory Hunter interact with Penguin's Self-Important? I'm assuming you'd get to choose which to roll for first, right? But then if they both are successful, it's the second one that would take control?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sounds like we have a few powers to consider ... how would Glory Hunter interact with Penguin's Self-Important? I'm assuming you'd get to choose which to roll for first, right? But then if they both are successful, it's the second one that would take control?
That sounds irritating. I doubt it would come up very often, but should be avoided for that reason. Glory Hunter is an ability which could be portrayed without turn stealing like Penguin.

Maybe something simple since the other 2 powers are lengthy?

(Base attack of 4)

Quote:
GLORY HUNTER
Add 1 die to Booster Gold's normal attack for each revealed Order Marker on this Army Card.
This would also interact nicely with the Temporal Defense power.

Last edited by Good Pig; June 26th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

OK, first off let me give some background, Booster is Rip Hunter's father and trained him to travel the timestream and correct anomalies, so A3N nailed that. However, Skeets has data about their past (out Future), which helps Booster in his battles and correcting the timeline. Also, all of his equipment was stolen from a Superhero Museum where he worked as a watchman. A Legion flight ring, Brainiac 13's force field belt, the blaster gauntlets and exo-suit, and a time sphere. Nowadays, he uses a timesphere again while working for a future version of his own son, though he does not know he is Rip's father yet.

My suggestions are this:
NAME = BOOSTER GOLD
SECRET IDENTITY = MICHAEL CARTER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = SELF CENTERED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 250

SKEETS' TEMPORAL MEMORY BANK
Start the game with 1 Temporal Displacement glyph on this card. After your opponent reveals an Order Marker you may either place one Temporal Displacement glyph from this card on any empty space on the battlefield or remove 1 Temporal Displacement glyph from the battlefield and place it on this card.

TIME MACHINE SPHERE
After taking a turn with Booster Gold, if there is at least 1 Temporal Displacement glyph power-side up on the battlefield you may place him on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card you control, you may place Booster Gold on an empty Temporal Displacement glyph. When Booster Gold uses Time Machine he will only take leaving engagement attacks from figures with the Temporal Defense special power.

FORCE FIELD BELT
When rolling defense dice, add 1 die to your roll for each space the attacking figure is from Booster Gold.
(Because even against adjacent figures he will roll at least 5 now.)

FLYING SYMBOL

Skeets could also be a power that dis-allows use of X Order Marker powers.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; June 26th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:29 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

OK a slightly different approach:

Quote:
NAME = BOOSTER GOLD

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = SELF CENTRED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 270

Start the game with 1 Temporal Displacement glyph on this card. After taking a turn with Booster Gold you may either place one Temporal Displacement glyph from this card on any empty space on the battlefield or remove 1 Temporal Displacement glyph from the battlefield and place it on this card.

GLORY HUNTER
After revealing an Order Marker on any other army card of a figure you control and instead of attacking with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Booster Gold.

FLYING SYMBOL
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
OK a slightly different approach:

Quote:
NAME = BOOSTER GOLD

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = SELF CENTRED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 270

Start the game with 1 Temporal Displacement glyph on this card. After taking a turn with Booster Gold you may either place one Temporal Displacement glyph from this card on any empty space on the battlefield or remove 1 Temporal Displacement glyph from the battlefield and place it on this card.

GLORY HUNTER
After revealing an Order Marker on any other army card of a figure you control and instead of attacking with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Booster Gold.

FLYING SYMBOL
Honestly, A3N, I think this is heading the wrong direction. Yes, Booster Gold uses Time Travel tech, etc., but it is not his own tech. He uses other people's technology. IMO, the TIME MACHINE power showed him using tech, now it seems he has tech he can't use.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old June 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM

The skeets power is showing him repairing the time continuim by moving the temporal disturbances, especially of those others have made. He will be a counter & pain for Chronos & Kang.

The time sphere is his to use anyway
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
The skeets power is showing him repairing the time continuim by moving the temporal disturbances, especially of those others have made. He will be a counter & pain for Chronos & Kang.

The time sphere is his to use anyway
OK, the Skeets power makes sense now, but you got rid of the Time Sphere power. So now he has no ability to use a glyph he starts the game with. At least not the way other Time Travelers do.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
OK, the Skeets power makes sense now, but you got rid of the Time Sphere power. So now he has no ability to use a glyph he starts the game with. At least not the way other Time Travelers do.
Yep, This is him just being there in the moment trying to fix everything & take any opportunity for glory.

This I believe is the total essense of his character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library