Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Skyhunter Conquers!

Just thought I'd pop in and say that in a five way 550 point match last night of the following armies

ironmyron
Q9
Morgrimm
Dwarvesx3
Eldgrim

Lord Nyax
DW8k
DW7k
Deathstalkersx2
Deathreaversx3

Tyesheron
Anubian Wolvesx4
Iron Man
Khosumet
Some filler

Dysole
Q10
Dividersx4
Repulsorx1 (Originally had Repulsorsx2 noticed that I was playing with too much and just got rid of another squad and didn't bother to replace it with anything)
Brandis

Someone not on Heroscapers
Nilfheim
Hydra
White Wyrmlingx2
Black Wyrmlingx2
Wyvernx1

Anyways, it was a nice even map and the game came down to Q9 and DW8K blasting the crap out of each other and failing to do anything and then Brandis came in and killed them both. Game. ^_^

I think Brandis is best served when you are playing against a few unique heroes especially ones that will be around later in the game. Keep him around as a late game figure.

~Dysole, quite happy that the designers made such a fun half-elf
Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM

ReverendDel is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Brandis Skyhunter

Playing Heroscape as I do, mostly against kids, Brandis is ideal to avoid using the better Syvarris and killing them all without reply. He's also not bad on his day. I'd sooner spend the extra ten points to butcher my opponents without mercy, but frankly the point is not to win like that, it's to give them a fighting chance.

Note that the reason I play mostly kids is because I help out at a local kids drop in centre for disadvantaged kids, we use Heroscape as an aid to developing confidence, mathematical skills and thinking in three dimensions. Heroscape is unique in that it does require thinking in all three dimensions as opposed to some of the other figure games we play which play on flat maps.

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM

mupton0916 Woo who?

Brandis has been seeing more playing time recently in our games... as a substitute figure for Syvarris' card.

We have a player who really likes Lord of the Rings and sees Syvarris as the game's version of Legolas. I pointed out that Brandis actually looks like Legolas from the movies, so that's been her choice for Syvarris from then on.

Fun, fun.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Brandis is probably one of the best counters to the esenweins and kyries in the game. 5 attack against them is nothing to laugh at, on height its 6 or sometimes 7, which will usually deal either a lot of damage or death. i find he is best to go after raelin, kelda, taelord or any other kyrie with an aura. because they only have 3 defense and 5 life they will fall quite quickly. the esenweins, although brandis is affetive against, can still easily kill him unlike most kyrie. cyprien has a higher defense and life then most kyrie and also has chilling touch, also if brandis is on a castle wall cyprien can just sit 6 or 7 spaces away and then fly in and kill him. marcu usually has higher attack then kyries and the rechets, in my experience, can get lethal sting now and then and can tie brandis up as well. overall though i think brandis is worth using, however.
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Special power text for easy reference:
---
SKY WATCHER
If Brandis Skyhunter is attacking a non-adjacent figure that has the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, add 2 dice to Brandis Skyhunter's attack.

ARCHER'S GLORY
Each time Brandis Skyhunter destroys an opponent's non-adjacent Unique Hero, you may take another turn with Brandis Skyhunter.
---
Custom Tech Talk:
#1> "If Brandis Skyhunter is attacking a non-adjacent...": An older card might/would probably read differently: "When attacking a non-adjacent figure that has the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, add 2 attack dice." - Interpret as you will, this is perhaps new precedent for wording change.
#2> There is difference also in "add 2 dice to Brandis Skyhunter's attack" and "add 2 attack dice".

#3> "Each time" is the correct form of the erroneously used "Whenever".

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Brandis isn't that bad, all the posts knocking him state that he gets off one shot with the +2 dice and then whatever flyer he is attacking bases him...

Pair him with Charos, Greenscales x2 and Aubrien Archers x1 and you have him as the perfect counter to any of the major flying threats. If you aren't retarded mentally challenged he'll never get based, and if he does, Charos/Greenscales will eat anything that dares get close. Most heroscape figures are situational, and your style of play and your strategy determines how good some of the figures can be. Tie up a flyer and then let Brandis go to work, I think you'll change your opinion...

I usually use Syvarris in the army I just suggested, but if your opponent grabs Nif (or any dragon), Raelin, Taelord, Atlaga, Minions et cet., Brandis is a nice counterdraft. Use him properly, he's going to get kills.

Last edited by bonegnasher; March 18th, 2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Edited to be more pc in our most sensitive world
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegnasher View Post
Brandis isn't that bad, all the posts knocking him state that he gets off one shot with the +2 dice and then whatever flyer he is attacking bases him...

Pair him with Charos, Greenscales x2 and Aubrien Archers x1 and you have him as the perfect counter to any of the major flying threats. I'f you aren't retarded he'll never get based, and if he does, Charos/Greenscales will eat anything that dares get close. Most heroscape figures are situational, and your style of play and your strategy determines how good some of the figures can be. Tie up a flyer and then let Brandis go to work, I think you'll change your opinion...

I usually use Syvarris in the army I just suggested, but if your opponent grabs Nif (or any dragon), Raelin, Taelord, Atlaga, Minions et cet., Brandis is a nice counterdraft. Use him properly, he's going to get kills.
Don't use the word retarded. It's offensive.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
"To win the game is an archer's glory!"

I would agree with Dysole assessment above. Brandis can be a great clean-up figure when playing with more than two players. When you have several opponents down to their last legs, there will be a lot more wounded heros around for Brandis to finish off gloriously, and, with luck, they will be more focused on killing each other than on Brandis. His three attack is not very threatening, and his five life makes him a pain to kill, so often the opponent will go after someone else when there are other targets available.

I had rather ridiculous success with this strategy in a three way battle yesterday.

Armies were:

Me:
Nilfiem
Sharwin
Brandis
Isamu

My brother:
Torin
Kaemon
Raelin
Kelda

Yamissflash:
Shadesx2
Krav
Ne-Gok-Sa

I began by flying out Nilfiem, who did massive damage before dying (he killed Raelin, Kelda, and two Krav). But meanwhile, the shades devoured Sharwin's soul, leaving me with Brandis and Isamu.

Brandis's ideal targets of Raelin and Kelda were already dead, but I figured he was a better option than Isamu. He began humbly by protecting his soul by killing a shade (the only time he used sky watcher). Then, while shades on the other end of the board were busy dealing with Raelin (who returned from the dead courtesy of the revive glyph), Brandis proceeded to claim height and shoot down Sharwin before she had a chance to move. "To kill his former allies is an archer's glory!" (Yes, I actually said that (dramatically)).

Brandis begins to look for another target. He sees Torin nearby, and decides to risk evil eye by climbing onto nearby height and shooting him. Torin attempts to give chase, but a five move double based figure cannot catch up to a six move single based figure very easily. A few turns later, Torin also bites the dust, without giving Brandis a single wound. "To kill the ugly is an archer's glory!"

Brandis now has no enemies near him, so decides to use he free turn to go grab a nearby treasure glyph. He activates the trap, but fails to take a wound. Then he activates the trap again, but survives again. Finally, as Kaemon Awa heads over to take him out, having finished of the Krav and shades, Brandis acquires a heroic rune. Kaemon shoots at Brandis, but Brandis survives, climbs up onto height, and kills Kaemon with a lucky four skull roll. "To kill a fellow archer is an archer's glory!"

The only remaining opponent is Ne-Gok-Sa, who has been watching the fight from the sidelines. Brandis runs over towards him gloriously, and proceeds to shoot him to death. "To win the game is an archer's glory!"

In summary, Brandis killed
1 shade of bleakwood
Sharwin Wildborn
Torin
Kaemon Awa
and Ne-Gok-Sa,
or more than a whole army's worth of points (since it was a 400 point game). Not bad for a 90 pt figure with a C+ power ranking!

~KoS, recognizing the role of luck, but feeling that it does not reduce the awesomeness of the game, or the fact that Brandis cleans up nicely in multiplayer free-for-alls.
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:43 AM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart
Brandis Skyhunter's "Archer's Glory"

Quote:
Each time Brandis Skyhunter destroys an opponent's non-adjacent Unique Hero, you may take another turn with Brandis Skyhunter.
What if Brandis destroyed two Unique Heroes in a row, as unlikely as it is?

Like, say he killed a weakened Drake Alexander; then he killed a weakened Raelin; could he then take another turn? And by 'turn', does that he could move, kill Drake, move, attack again? So technically, if he just kept killing Unique Heroes he could just going?
Old February 11th, 2014, 11:15 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Brandis Skyhunter's "Archer's Glory"

In a word: yes.
Old February 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Except Drake cannot be targeted by ranged normal attacks, which Archer's Glory requires. Raelin on the other hand suffers because Brandis even gets an attack bonus against her.

You do have the gist of the power though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Except Drake cannot be targeted by ranged normal attacks, which Archer's Glory requires. Raelin on the other hand suffers because Brandis even gets an attack bonus against her.

You do have the gist of the power though.
I think he meant a drake negated by morsbane

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units