Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 25th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My wife asked me to watch White Chicks.* I watched White Chicks. I wish I hadn't watched White Chicks.
I like a lot of the Wayans' family humor (In Living Color), but man alive that movie really was terrible.
Quote:
*In her defense, she was studying elements of racial performativity for her doctoral work.
What? You know race doesn't really exist.
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I just watched "Super." That was all kinds of violent and actually disturbing. I was expecting Kick-Ass but got Taxi Driver instead.
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I just watched "Super." That was all kinds of violent and actually disturbing. I was expecting Kick-Ass but got Taxi Driver instead.
Yep, that one surprised me, too. Still a great film, if you can stomach it! I'd also recommend "Defendor," stars Woody Harrelson, and is more like Kick-Ass than Super was.
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Beneath Hill 60(2010)
The extraordinary true story of Oliver Woodward. It's 1916 and Woodward must tear himself from his new young love to go to the mud and carnage of the Western Front. Deep beneath the German lines. Woodward and his secret platoon of Australian tunnelers fight to defend a leaking, labyrinthine tunnel system packed with enough high explosives to change the course of the War.

Very well done. I had no idea there was tunnel warfare going on beneath the trench warfare of WWI. My only complaint is the sound would go from barely audible whispers to high volume gunfire and explosions at times.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 7th, 2014, 02:30 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Tomorrow, When the War Began (2010)

Australia's version of Red Dawn. If you like Red Dawn then this is a must see. I thought it was well done though I have seen terrible reviews.

I thought the story was told well with a few good action scenes and a relatively low level of violence. I wish they would of made a sequel. I guess it was the highest grossing film in Australia when it came out.

EDIT: Oh snap. It looks like they are making a sequel. Super sweet.

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; June 7th, 2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old June 7th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I wish they would of have made a sequel.
~Jim, pet peevingly*

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; June 7th, 2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: :D
Old June 7th, 2014, 06:14 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Watched Premium Rush with the misses last night. It was a bit cheesy, but I enjoyed it. Joseph Gordon-Levitt wasn't bad, though it surely wasn't his most serious role. Michael Shannon played a decent psycho-cop; actually, he was pretty fun to watch.

Oh, and the high-speed chases on bikes were cool!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Just finished "Daemon Rising" with my son. Anyone recognize that one? It's the first of the two, season 4 movies that ReBoot made. Great stuff. Pretty solid and creative writing.
Old June 9th, 2014, 12:33 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Watched the Lego Movie last night with some friends.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 12th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We've watched a bunch of movies recently. These are all in the past week:

Sherlock Holmes
The Avengers
This Is Spinal Tap
Raising Arizona
Kung Fu Hustle
X Men
Something Evil Under the Sun (old Hercule Poirot movie)

It's been fun. Haven't watched this many movies in such a short period in a long time. But I have to educate KidScaper!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 13th, 2014, 12:46 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Just saw Gravity.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths(2010)
Loved this one. Owlman was pure evil.

Justice League: Doom(2012)
Good but my least favorite of the four.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox(2013)
Really cool alternate version of Batman

Justice League: War(2014)
Cool but certainly not for kids. Cyborg swears(what?).

and Wonder Woman(2009)
Again not for kids but pretty sick. War, blood, death, gods and even Cerberus.

Also..
Goodbye World(2013)
Very well done end of the world story about a group trying to wait out the chaos in a tailor made location.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies