Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 11th, 2022, 07:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
I hope that all you folks who are irked at the unpainted aspect will keep it respectful and not whine or be accusatory in your comments. I also hope that all you folks who are just fine with the unpainted aspect will be respectful and allow the folks on the other side to vent their frustration, as long as they keep it calm and polite.
I don't think you have to worry in this regard, Xotli. You know as well as I do that one of the things that makes this community great is that it's generally less internet than most of the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
On the other hand, it seems like there's going to be new terrain coming, and that is plenty exciting.
Ditto. I won't be buying any of the new units (although I may print out cards and proxy for any vital units that fill big gaps like Vydar kyrie or an Aquilla flagbearer), but scatter terrain that works well with the hex tiles would be great additions to the game. I'm also weirdly excited at the possibility of 24-hex sand tiles.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:34 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Of course!

And art being what it is, I won’t say that it’s *not* a “space pirate” faction, but I prefer thinking of it as a “Valhalla pirate” faction.
That’s fair, it definitely has wasteland survival/sci-fi punk vibes, but I guess it wouldn’t accurate to say they are space pirates as these units were not clearly not sailing space as a pirate band before they arrived at Valhalla.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Look in the rulebook, Mr. Troublemaker!
We already searched in FAQs for Isamu and Deathwalker 9K. Is there clarification in one of the rulebooks?

I’m not asking to cause trouble. I’m asking because I want to know.
It should work the same as the Mohican River Tribe and Brave Arrow's Concealment power. They need to be targeted for their power to activate. They do not get to use Concealment against Mimring's Fire Line SA.
My example included her being targeted.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I meant the Age of Annihilation rulebook.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 11th, 2022, 08:47 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Bleh. We just discussed this for hours. We need answers.

Last edited by OEAO; August 11th, 2022 at 08:50 PM. Reason: But will it clear up ladders is the real question...
Old August 11th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I was ecstatic when the revival was announced but somehow get more excited after each new announcement. I eagerly anticipate the release of his stats, and want to test him first with stingers and warriors, then with other members of the DRS! Long live Heroscape!

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old August 11th, 2022, 08:59 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Oh that old thing? Guess I’ll take another look.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2022, 09:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But it sounds like C3V has made a distinction between being attacked and being affected by an attack? Does this mean that Vanish can only be used when Isamu is the target of the attack, not when he is affected by an explosive attack without being the target? Does Fire Line get around Vanish as well?
Those nice clean rulings we post often have dozens or even hundreds of posts and up to tens of thousands of words of discussion behind them.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:38 PM

I’ll wait for the new rulebook at this point.

Old August 11th, 2022, 10:13 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

So with all these Pirates, I bet the "Bitter Sea" and "Haukeland" will get mentioned in bios, their set/pack names, lore in the rulebook, etc.

EDIT: Hmm, so what's that "crack" in the middle of the Bitter Sea? Is it a small rip in the map, or is it something "Pacific Rim"-ish?...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 11th, 2022 at 11:09 PM.
Old August 11th, 2022, 10:48 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Just found out this evening... cried a little bit. Can't wait to see it back on shelves! This game was very formative to me as a kid

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 12th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Of course!

And art being what it is, I won’t say that it’s *not* a “space pirate” faction, but I prefer thinking of it as a “Valhalla pirate” faction.
I guess that means Ice Pirates is out too?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion