Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 3rd, 2022, 12:52 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Sometimes inspiration for a new design is as simple as acquiring a killer mini. When I saw how well this figure matches up to his Hasbro rival I just couldn't pass up putting it on my wish list. When I pulled him out of my stocking I just knew he was moving to the front of the factory line.

-----------------------------------

MARVEL

RED HULK

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CREATURE
ANGRY
MEDIUM 6

LIFE: 8
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 8
DEFENSE: 6

SUPER LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Red Hulk may Super Leap. Super Leap has a move of 10. When counting spaces for Red Hulk’s Super Leap movement, ignore elevations. Red Hulk may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Red Hulk may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. If Red Hulk is engaged when he starts to leap, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Red Hulk rolls 3 less attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.

HEAT RELEASE 12
After taking a turn with Red Hulk, if there are any Wound Markers on this card, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker he has.
- If you roll a 1-11, add a Wound Marker to this card.
- If you roll a 12 or higher, each figure adjacent to Red Hulk receives one wound.
Red Hulk cannot use his Heat Release special power on the same turn he uses Super Leap.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 5th, 2022 at 01:45 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 04:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty straight forward. Looks fun.
Old January 4th, 2022, 03:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

hmmm, definitely a loner unit. could make for interesting gameplay. you are going to feel bad if you paid that cost & had a bad run of d20.
Old January 9th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
hmmm, definitely a loner unit. could make for interesting gameplay. you are going to feel bad if you paid that cost & had a bad run of d20.
It's all about the choices you make. Early on, you may not want to risk the 55% chance of taking your own wound if you are face to face with one opponent figure that you feel confident you can best. Of course if you are surrounded by multiples or facing a really difficult to wound enemy, you tae the chance to release heat as the worst case scenario means your self inflicted wound increases your chances of getting the reward on future rolls.

As he is injured, the odds go in your favor but the lower risk may not be worth the possibility of being much closer to "overheating".

I have been the only one who play tested him so far but I really liked the simplicity and the dilemmas. All of my opponents were pleased with him as well and have all expressed the possibility of using him in the future.

In solo battles against Incredible Hulk, he lost 3 out of 4 but most being extremely close battles. He did lose one bout significantly because his rolls were awful as you surmised.
Old January 31st, 2022, 09:22 PM
Captain Underpants

I know it's been a bit since I posted last and I apologize for that. The Helm gang did get a little playtesting in over the holidays that I haven't fully sorted out yet due to work obligations. We threw a ton of designs on the table and most still need a little work. Some are just missing something in fun, others are missing balance, while still others played great but just didn't feel like they represented the intended character.

The good news is, a few subsequent tweaks have been vetted through on a few of them. In fact, two of the figures basically swapped a power each and suddenly they made more sense. The bad news is, there are those that need to be recycled into other characters or just thrown back into the mixing pot of Helm stew.

Of those that are ready to go, I will start with a Helm Jr. design since he is back up at school and may be happy to see his latest creation immortalized online.

-----------------------------------
MARVEL

U.S. AGENT

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
SOLDIER
ZEALOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

COUNTER PUNCH 11
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if U.S. Agent received no wounds from the attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher the attacking figure receives 1 wound.

SHIELD STUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
If U.S. Agent is unengaged, instead of moving and attacking normally, he may use his Shield Stun Special Attack. Choose a figure within 5 spaces of U.S. Agent to attack and roll 4 attack dice. If at least one skull is rolled in the attack, you may move U.S. Agent up to 5 spaces. If U.S. Agent ends that move engaged, he may attack one additional time by rolling 4 attack dice. If the same figure is attacked with both attacks, that figure rolls 1 less defense die when defending against the adjacent attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH

------------ designed by Helm Jr.
Old February 1st, 2022, 12:00 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Mate, I am on 3 weeks leave at the moment. Just taking some personal time so chuck as many as you can up & see if we don't get through them. If you wanna post some of the designs that are still needing tweaking I can certainly see if I have any ideas for you.

P.S. I just saw that I still have Rulk to do. I will do him right now.
Old February 1st, 2022, 12:34 AM

Old February 1st, 2022, 12:58 AM

BTW: The Shang Chi & Beast Boy updates are uploaded also.
Old February 1st, 2022, 05:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Nice cards.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 05:44 PM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Really like the U.S. Agent design. Have you ever thought about adding them into the Haccs site?(http://haccs.bplaced.net/ It is a really handy site for making army builds and card organization. The classics, c3v/sov, Hoss and C3g are there already. Your designs definitely earned a place there.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 08:37 PM
Captain Underpants

And just like that A3n has brought some serious artistic thunder. U.S. Agent and Red Hulk look fantastic. And thanks for the updates to Shang Chi and Beast Boy. I cannot wait to print them all up. Honestly I hope I have enough red and black ink because we seem to be addicted to heroes wearing pajamas of those colors lately. Even with the same palette, A3n somehow comes though with amazing decisions on backgrounds. Bravo.

@A3n - 3 weeks off sounds glorious. I am seriously jealous. I hope you make the best of it and balance relaxation with fun activities. As for spending some time here in the virtual world, take it at your pace. We won't bombard you with requests but we may take you up in the offer to noodle some things. We have a few designs that were changed after the last round of playtests and just may post them before we officially finalize them. We do hope to playtest again soon (to include Abra Kadabra) but having your input would be welcomed. Therefore, I either have to post some of the nearly complete designs or you have to jump on a plane and get over here for a few days.

@bishop2003 - Thanks for checking in and for sharing the hacks website. I don't think I've seen that before and I'm not even sure how it all works but I can agree it could be helpful for those who want to manage army builds. We are humbled by your suggestion that we have earned a place alongside those amazing community projects. Thanks again, we appreciate it.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 09:39 PM
Captain Underpants

It's been a looooonnnnnng time since we pulled Falcon out of our stack, set him aside and said we were no longer going to use him in his current incarnation. He was a silly excuse for a sidekick like character and did not do the comic or movie version of the hero justice.

After several different tries and a whole lot of sitting out, we think we finally have something that works for Sam Wilson. Let's hope this updated version finds himself drafted in some upcoming army builds. I'm deleting his card from the gallery to make it easier for A3n to post the updated version when he gets a chance. Big Daddy Matt Helm designed this one himself.

-------------------------
MARVEL

FALCON

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

HUMAN PROJECTILE
If Falcon attacks a figure he was not engaged with at the start of his turn he may add 1 to his attack dice.

AERIAL COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure with the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Falcon’s movement, ignore elevations. Falcon may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Falcon starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

---------------------
Edit: Corrected spelling of Aerial... thanks, Sherman!

Last edited by Matt Helm; February 4th, 2022 at 04:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations