Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 20th, 2014, 11:37 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Just played a draft pool game recently, featuring these guys!

MY: Vulcanmechs, Heirloom, Thorgrim
350 points, 5 hexes

VS

My brother in law's: x3 rats, Sonlen, Marro Warriors, Isamu, Otanashi
350 points, 19? hexes

(We also had Zombies x3, Theracus, and another Otanashi in the pool, they didn't get drafted)

On my own map, Fry's Road V2!

He took the defense glyph early with rats, and I moved the mechs with my first few OMs. Found out quick that these guys are decent at trashing rats with the flamethrower, very nice that it prevents scatter! I had 2-3 shots of flamethrower hitting 2 rats at the same time in the whole game, I guess that's not bad. He brought Sonlen in at round two, but I had toasted the glyph rat and the other rats in the way by the time he got involved, and Sonlen only managed to make me remove one of the redundant markers before he fell to two flamethrower rolls, one of four skulls, and one of three skulls! I eventually moved Heirloom to the defense glyph, orbing rats along the way, and then I moved Thorgrim next to Heirloom on the glyph. With the Mechs rolling 5-7 defense the rest of the game, they totally trashed everything in my opponent's army, save for 1-2 rats that Heirloom orbed.

I feel like I was about 50-50 between using normal attacks and using the flamethrower with these guys. I will admit that I was intentionally trying to use flamethrower to prevent scatter, but who wouldn't? IMO, the flamethrower pretty much makes them good "melee" combatants, it gives them one more attack die, and it bypasses scatter, counter strike, and jungle bonus, at least for the target right next to the mech! I did that to Sonlen to negate jungle defense bonus.

The game ended with two redundant markers left on the mechs, Thorgrim with one wound (stupid rat bite,) and Heirloom with 2 wounds. These guys had a great showing, we were starting to think that 180 was a little undercosted... He and I thought that 200-220 might be more appropriate.

But, we are going to do a star studded draft pool sometime soon, mixing these guys in with other high tier figs such as Nilf, Q9, 10th reg, knights, and such, to see how the mechs do in that mix. I totally want to record the game and post it if we do it!

Anyway, two thumbs up for these figures! They are definitely worth their points (and maybe then some,) they have fairly unique powers, and immunity to a decent smattering of abilities, which is nice to prevent the loss of those precious redundant markers.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; April 20th, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

And the last of the units is done. Whew. Synergies updated through C3V wave 5:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

"Form" should be "From" in the Redundant Systems power text. @infectedsloth

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; August 19th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
"Form" should be "From" in the Redundant Systems power text.
Tag the OP! That's precisely the type of thing I thought tagging would be used for, when I suggested it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:54 AM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

Are these minis ridiculously hard to find or am I missing something?
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They got pretty rare, Seraph. I wish they hadn't, but it's so. There's a model with a similar color scheme that is also available, so you can hunt for both.

Good luck!

= =
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:57 AM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

Both called kolossus I assume?
Old September 25th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yup, looks like the "Dragonmirov Kolossus."

LINK to images. Happy hunting!

= =
Old September 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Seraph -- see here (linked instead of posted here to keep trades in the trade area).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 28th, 2016, 12:54 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

I was looking to buy these guys if anybody knows were I can get some please let me know preferably the ones that are on the card. Thanks in advance.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old October 28th, 2016, 01:40 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Q Knight View Post
I was looking to buy these guys if anybody knows were I can get some please let me know preferably the ones that are on the card. Thanks in advance.
I set up an alert on ebay. It took a while, but a set finally appeared at at reasonable price. Reasonable for me was $30 shipped, but you may have a completely different idea of "reasonable"

The alt color scheme was easier to find and cheaper, but I really wanted the colors on the Incendiborgs card.

Good luck!
Old October 28th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Your best bet is to wait for someone to put some up on ebay. That's how I got mine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs