Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 8th, 2018, 07:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
So what happens if you choose to ignore a wound placed on the WoGAC by Wannok? Does Wannok place a wound during a turn? I always figured it was after both players’ turns... Just sounds like a window for rules lawyers to abuse.

Personally, I feel like “shrug off pain” rolls off the tongue weird, would you consider a different name, or is this something you’re sold on? I feel like “ancestral adrenaline” or even “adrenaline” sounds way cooler. Adrenaline by itself sounds too generic, though.... hmmm..... “to the final breath”.... I don’t know. I do think WoGAC squad looks great, though
Wannok happens at the end of the round, so it shouldn't take have any effect to ignore the wound. I think that this case is minor enough that it can be handled with a R&C after release.

Adrenaline sounds like a good name for the power to me. It's pretty clear on the theme and is generic enough to be reusable in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
After playtesting Ygorl...his paralyzing stare seemed a little underwhelming for a Merciless Demon King, especially when it never triggered. So I decided to change the name and allow it to effect any size figure, but make it remove defense dice instead. This would still allow Deathwalkers to avoid being instakilled basically, but still essentially allow for small and medium figures (who usually have around 3 defense) to have the same effect as if it was paralyzing stare.
Have you considered doing something along the lines of the Varkaanan Quickblades' Lightning Slash Special Attack? Ygorl has a high attack, so it would still be pretty potent to subtract 1 defense die for every skull rolled.
Old December 8th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
So what happens if you choose to ignore a wound placed on the WoGAC by Wannok? Does Wannok place a wound during a turn? I always figured it was after both players’ turns... Just sounds like a window for rules lawyers to abuse.

Personally, I feel like “shrug off pain” rolls off the tongue weird, would you consider a different name, or is this something you’re sold on? I feel like “ancestral adrenaline” or even “adrenaline” sounds way cooler. Adrenaline by itself sounds too generic, though.... hmmm..... “to the final breath”.... I don’t know. I do think WoGAC squad looks great, though
Oooooo...great suggestions. "Ancestral Adrenaline" is really cool because it eludes to the backstory and theme of these guys and their clan...though "Adrenaline" is a perfectly simple and a more reusable power name. hmmm...I'll need to think about it, but I agree to changing the power name to either of those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm liking the changes to the shadows. No love really lost on the Wraith. The other three are what makes them pretty sweet. Also like the stipulation on Xundar getting to only shadowcast when he has a figure to do it with. Liking the flavor of the warrior clan as well.
Agreed. Again thanks for your feedback and help with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Wannok happens at the end of the round, so it shouldn't take have any effect to ignore the wound. I think that this case is minor enough that it can be handled with a R&C after release.
Agreed.

Quote:
Have you considered doing something along the lines of the Varkaanan Quickblades' Lightning Slash Special Attack? Ygorl has a high attack, so it would still be pretty potent to subtract 1 defense die for every skull rolled.
I hadn't...though I kinda like where you're going with that. Definitely serves the same purpose I'm going for as far as effect...though potentially not as potent at times depending on the roll, but that isn't really any different than failing the roll for the current power anyway...so yeah I'll have to think about that. I think a new power name would be in order if I went that direction. Thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 9th, 2018, 02:51 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I hadn't...though I kinda like where you're going with that. Definitely serves the same purpose I'm going for as far as effect...though potentially not as potent at times depending on the roll, but that isn't really any different than failing the roll for the current power anyway...so yeah I'll have to think about that. I think a new power name would be in order if I went that direction. Thoughts?
Hmm. I'm not often happy with my power names, but I would probably suggest something along the lines of Dark or Demonic Slash to pay homage to the Lightning Slash Special Attack while still staying within the theme. I'm sure that there's a better name out there, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards