Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hawkmen of Thanagar - VOTING FOR ON DECK

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM (PUBLIC TEST)

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (HAWKMEN OF THANAGAR)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST
/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS They're nice, but not as powerful as they look on paper.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS They're not the toughest, but they're a nice complement to Hawkman and Hawkgirl and they're fun.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS @ 90-100
Map: Custom
Units: Hawkmen of Thanagar (x2), Hawkgirl, and Hawkman (650) vs. Superman and Flash (650)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS @ 80-90
Map: Custom
Units: Hawkmen of Thanagar x5, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl (950) vs. Professor X, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Jean Grey, and Cyclops (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They honestly felt a lot more like 90 than 100 even to me, but I think they also had some tough match ups here. I put them in tougher ones because I figured that with them seeming to others like an average of 100 without Hawkman, their cost was likely to feel like more with him. Not so for me - they really felt like 90 at best and Hawkman and Hawkgirl were carrying most of their weight.
Being a two figure melee squad, even with flying and some level of hero bonding, is tough territory.
Talking to Karat on Skype about the one test he's done (I asked him to stop and write it up so his efforts wouldn't be for naught), it seems like he still feels 90 as well even with Hawkman.
So it seems like from those two tests that 100 is coming in a tad high.
That said, if everyone else feels comfortable at 100 and, also considering that they're a common squad and we're trying to keep the metagame herocentric, I'm OK with them feeling a tad overcosted in general. So 100 is working OK for me in that regard.
The OP looks clean here and the cards look good. The release set here is WAVE SEVEN: THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE.
I feel a tad bad for not waiting for Karat to finish his tests, but I'll post the write up he has when he sends it to me.
I know you really want to move on from this one, though, Griff, and I feel that if I take too long to finish things up here, it's not going to sit well with you, so I'll go ahead and vote yea to On Deck now.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That said, if everyone else feels comfortable at 100 and, also considering that they're a common squad and we're trying to keep the metagame herocentric, I'm OK with them feeling a tad overcosted in general. So 100 is working OK for me in that regard.
This, and I just like how well they work in JLA builds that 100 points.
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:45 AM

lol, well they have good builds at 100 or at 110, IMO. Still, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, and Hawkmen x5 for 1,000 is pretty nice. Well, if Atom comes in at 50 ... we'll see. He's next up for me after Beyonder!

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen x3 and Flash for 1000 points. That was one of my tests and the Hawkmen only did clean up killing Thing.
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:50 AM

They do seem like they'd be really solid as clean up rather than as the core of the army.

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Hawkmen of Thanagar

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 90.
- Give a brief summary. They were not able to do too much other than give movement bonding to the Heroes and then get in the way to take attacks.
Map: Grundy's Grave.
Units: Hawkmen x1, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, and Wasp VS Green Lantern (Hal) and Flash.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? YES.
- What should be the unit's point value? 100-110.
- Give a brief summary. They shined a bit more here, and felt like a fairly decent support unit for Thanagarian Heroes, but at the same time, they can have some great offensive potential as well. The thing that checks them the most though is the fact that you can only move and attack with two of them each turn.
Map: Grundy's Grave.
Units: Hawkmen x2, Hawkman, Black Mask, and Street Thugs x1 VS Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, and Nightcrawler.
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

So we are now just waiting on Spidey to vote.
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:10 AM

Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Hawkmen of Thanagar

Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Honestly, from this test, they feel more like 90 points than 100.
- Give a brief summary. The Hawkmen were a great unit for advancement purposes, they didn't really do too well when it came to attacking in this test though, probably because of who they were up against, but they just didn't feel like 100 points to me. Overall, I do love their design and look foraward to their release
Map: Turret Rocks
Units: 2xHawkmen of Thanagar, Hawkman, Hawkgirl(650) Vs. Hal Jordan, Deadpool, Bob(660)
Spoiler Alert!

Old April 6th, 2011, 05:05 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just so everyone knows, I was waiting on the Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen playtests as well. Now that so many are here and look good, I can vote Yea with a clear conscience.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hawkmen of Thanagar

Tcglkn the comic PDF is corrupt here. I checked the server & it appears only 400kb has been uploaded. Can you please re-up it.

Cheers
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

Re: The Book of Hawkmen of Thanagar

Card Art by tcglkn

BTW I did fix the PDF here, I just noticed that I never posted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library