Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 20th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Skyscraper - Public Playtesting

Test linked and picture in the OP updated to something a bit more demonstrative.

Waiting on @Spidey'tilIDie to post his results or in about four days I'll propose we move forward.

Still need to do some printing, but also waiting on some cardstock and tape to be shipped.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 20th, 2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:17 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD MAP PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
Red=Spidey, Navy=CJ, Dark Orange=Jacob, Dark Green=Will, Indigo=Corbin
NAME OF THE MAP TESTED
(C3GCon Terrain Workshop Skyscraper)

- OVERALL LOOK/THEME TEST / The first game was a 2 vs.2 on a long map with two single buildings and one double building. Had two flat Hex Mats of city blocks. Second map was a single intersection with a single building on each corner. We played a "Recruit the new Mutant" Scenario on this map. Used no elevators, but used the interiors much more.
The overall look was enjoyable to play on, it presented some fun opportunities for play.
Looks pretty cool
Honestly the buildings looked a little awkward. To much square footage for not enough hight. When I visualize superhero fights in cities I'm imaging skiny skyscrapers.
The theme of the map was effectively conveyed. Visual appeal could be improved the skyscrapers being pure white hurt my immersion in the game. I am aware that they were brand new and that there was nothing to do about it. But despite that flaw the map looked "lived in", which added a sense of life and scale that the other maps we've played on didn't have. I attribute that to the various cars and the skyscrapers of varying height.

- STABILITY TEST/ Buildings were very stable in both maps. First map also included a highway made out of castle pieces.
I didn’t see any issue with the way the skyscrapers operated with in the game, easy mechanics to follow.
It was easy to move and was stable
Very stable!
I found no real problems with the maps stability other than the entry ramps for the skyscrapers being free floating. There was nothing that one could do about other than move it back into place. Which if it weren't for the majority of the game taking place either in the middle of the street or on top of a building, would prove to be a minor annoyance.

-BUILD DIFFICUTLY/ Initial map was tough because I first tried to spray the hexs on buildings with a stencil (no good, didn't have my numbers right); also buildings were not assembled yet. Took at least two hours. Second map took less than thirty minutes with buildings already assembled.
easy build, very clear how the moment of them worked once explained.
Directions for towers (buildings) was easy to understand
Would not know didn't help build.
No Comment

-SIZE IMPACT/ We play on a Warhammer table and the double building was almost too tall for us to play on the roof. The size was great for 2v2 1000 pt. per player armies. Second map was much easier to move around, especially with smaller armies (800 per player, 2v2, Brotherhood vs. X-Men)
My only criticism, I feel they skyscraper build would me more effective on a larger table/ building area it felt a bit cramped with as many as we had in play.
It was definitely taller map, also i found it to be positive for my flying crew
It was just about the perfect size for a 4 person game. It could have been a little smaller Maybe as it took the teams several turns to even reach each other.
The map felt like one of the largest continuous map that had been created thus far. I attribute that to the skyscrapers height and the overpass.
Negatives: Cramped layout of the streets lead to larger units having difficulty moving. Positive: Increased height allowed for more height advantages being used.

- FUN TEST / Oh yeah! I won one and lost one and enjoyed every minute.
It was very enjoyable and tested my skills as a player.
10/10 would play that map again
The map was fun to play on but honestly I can't say the buildings added much more than a traditional heroscape structure would have.
Hell yeah it was a fun map!

- COMPETITIVE TEST/ I'm not sure. First game was heavily in favor of the flying figures. But second game was very competitive and ended with one life left Nightcrawler falling to one life left Dark Phoenix and 2 life left Pyro. It was touch and go, back and forth and tons of fun.
I feel it was a more competitive environment, you really have to plant out your moves better and the excuse me here “ high ground” is more relevant to map domination.
i feel the towers add more of a "scenario" style to the maps
I feel like the map is at it's best in a casual setting. It's too complex of a build and board layout for effective and fast competitive play. It could be used in scenario based games but that would depend on the scenario.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Strategy was very prevalent and those who played a second game really stepped up their pre-game strategy. I think it made several people better players.
I believe it absolutely offers a competitive opportunity
It definitely required more strategy for characters that didn't have "flying"
I find that the map does offer increased strategy has stated above.

Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Hawkmen x2, Superman II and Shazam, Black Adam, Billy Batson, Booster Gold, Skrull Infiltrator VS. Dr. Manhattan, Ozy, Nightowl, Silk Spectre, Batman I and Iron-man Avengers, Captain America (C3G), Flash (Barry), and Johnny Quick (CSA)

Army Test 2
Deadpool, Wolverine, X-23 and Professor X, Nightcrawler II, Storm, Iceman VS. Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch I and Magneto II, Pyro, Mystique I, Blob

- Does it pass? Yes, in my 6 games it has been very fun.
Yes it functioned well
The ground area wasn't used much during combats

FINAL THOUGHTS - I think this is something we've been waiting for. I am super excited that we are making this a reality.
I’d play it as many times as I could again; I loved it!
It played pretty normally just with a z-axis, which was nice.
The map feels best for a larger battle either with more players or higher point values. It is definitely skewed more towards casual and/or scenario play. I find that the map is enjoyable to look at and play on. In closing it's a solid map design and I look forward to playing on it in the future.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:22 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Works for me! Thanks, Spidey! Linked to the OP and I propose we move to Final Editing.

Old July 21st, 2020, 03:45 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Skyscraper - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea
Old July 21st, 2020, 06:43 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:29 PM

Down to quozl!

On another front, did that test print:

Bottom left elevator doors line up the best. So let's try to isolate that image so we can link it to the eventual Elevator Car VDO thread.

I vastly prefer hexes for stairs and elevator shaft. The elevator car itself that we're using is hex based as well, so it seems weird for the shaft to be portrayed as smaller and rectangular.

I'm feeling pretty wrapped on the print testing end of this until I get cardstock and tape in to create finalized versions.

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I love the elevator doors. Too bad you won't really see it while playing!
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:42 PM

Heh, truth.

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Down to quozl!
Are we still doing a double-hex staircase?

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I love the elevator doors. Too bad you won't really see it while playing!
I printed mine and taped it to thin cardboard and placed it against the wall behind the shaft. Looks pretty good.
Old July 21st, 2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Down to quozl!
Are we still doing a double-hex staircase?

Yea
I think doing single hexes is fine for maximum flexibility. You will, of course, need two of them together for a second floor, etc., where you need both an up and a down.

This passes!

What all do folks feel we need in terms of art/tutorials/wording checks to wrap this?

On my end, I know I want to try to put together the "final" version and take pictures of it, but I'm waiting for a few materials to ship.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library