Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:25 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Question- What is the template used by C3V?
Old June 6th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
The Dungeon Style Hi-Resolution Master and Basic Templates are the same card styles as used by C3V - though pretty sure they don't use MSE. They do use different blanks that have the "bleed" area and the cut lines.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
The Dungeon Style Hi-Resolution Master and Basic Templates are the same card styles as used by C3V - though pretty sure they don't use MSE. They do use different blanks that have the "bleed" area and the cut lines.
Yup. Although I noticed some small differences. Mainly for Utgar and Valkrill army cards.

Utgar High res master side has a regular black border instead of a stylished one. (see comparison in spoiler). I re-made it using a C3V army card once, not sure if I already shared it there or not. ^^
Actually, it's the same for the other generals too, but it's less noticeable. Once I planned to update them all, but I can't remember if I finally did it or not ahah.

Also about Valkrill, the bottom of the background (for the figures image) used by MSE is almost black, with not much details. The other cards has some nice lines and so. Here again I don't know how but I managed to get a better version not a long time ago.

Spoiler Alert!

Concerning the basic Dungeon High Res blanks, I made the asset for MSE from scratch, taking edges from the Master Side, adding pieces from C3V army cards and so on... So they get the same theme as C3V blanks, but are almost completely different if you want to compare pixel by pixel. ^^

Edit : yup, looks like I also changed at least Ullar borders. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; June 7th, 2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typos...
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:59 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@DanieLoche - Can you re-zip up the assets for the High-Resolution Master Templates and repost? Thanks.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@DanieLoche - Can you re-zip up the assets for the High-Resolution Master Templates and repost? Thanks.
I had to change a few things* from my MSE version but here it is. It should work exactly like the current version but with a better mask to fit more text, an auto-size on the card name and enhancements on the army cards.
Warning : I don't use the asset to add custom markers, not sure the compatibility with it ...

* putting back the settings for custom logo : I used it to add C3V/SoV logos on the french cards I make for them)
* deletion of the french High Res blanks and the code to switch between french & english blanks ^^

French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; July 21st, 2017 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Corrections.... looks like I was really tired writing this..!
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:41 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How do you all go about getting it to print at the right size after exporting?
Old June 16th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How do you all go about getting it to print at the right size after exporting?
I use Microsoft Publisher - I'm sure other similar programs would do the same thing. Once you add the image to the page, you can set the image size to spec.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 18th, 2017, 08:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

You can open the picture up in GIMP and under (I think) the Image heading you can set the print size. Then I just save it as a PDF and it prints nicely.
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried returning to MSE forums today and I couldn't log in. I pulled out my paper notebook of passwords. still couldn't log in. I tried emailing myself new password and no email is sent. I tried creating a new account, which requires email confirmation and no email is sent out...

frustrating..

I'm going to scour this thread on how to make my own templates.

I was hoping to practice with something simple, literally just a custom card back. and that way they would print samesize and position as card front.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 7th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Marcel Marceau

I recommend you the "learn by imitating" method. Just duplicate and open an asset folder (to keep a clean copy of it). There you can find a file named "style". This is the key. You can open it with any text editor you want (I recommend "code editors" like notepad++) . You can use the actual fields to begin with and see how it works. It's enough to get a new card style quite easily. If you want to go deeper into it, you will have to check the "heroscape.mse-game" folder, with 2 main important files named "game" and "keywords". You will have to change them if you want to add new fields (first file) and with choice lists on them (2nd file).

Don't hesitate if you have any question. Those files are quite simple to understand and well organized. The first thing is to understand how they work !

French Forum's admin.
Old July 8th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@DanieLoche , Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Next question is, is there a way to adjust printing margins? By default, when printing 3x3 regular cards, about half an inch of white is on the left and about 2/3 inch is on the right. This becomes an issue when I flip the paper over to print the card back, because the margins remain same, mismatching the fronts from the backs.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 8th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Marcel Marceau

For double-sided cards, I personally dont use this method : I print both front and back sides on the same page (If possible, side by side) and then I stick them together. The best configuration is if you can put them side by side and only need to folder the page to get them together (+ add some glue or scotch tape or whatever you want to old the whole thing together).

I you want to keep trying a both-sides printing, I recommend going through a software like Word and place your card image on the correct size and place on this page. This way you should get both images on the same place.
I recommend doing the tests with an image like this one to see if it matches. So that you don't loose to much ink, and can do multiple tests on the same draft page.

French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software