Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 8th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A3n's Custom Terrain

Love the steel fence!
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

I really love the trees and the bridge.

Boise ID Scaper
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:02 AM

Torog has disabled reputation

The trees look good. I'd vary the color of the trees, which can be achieved with darker and/or lighter colors. One way is to add lighter flock/paint on top, darker on the bottom. Nonetheless It looks good. keep it up.

As adequate as the term couch potato is a more accurate term is cattle. Fat, lazy, and ready to be eaten.

-Max Brooks
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torog View Post
The trees look good. I'd vary the color of the trees, which can be achieved with darker and/or lighter colors. One way is to add lighter flock/paint on top, darker on the bottom. Nonetheless It looks good. keep it up.
Great tip, thanx. + rep
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:07 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The fences turned out great!!
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:03 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: A3n's Custom Terrain - Added my Dice Tower 12/9/09

About a year ago I built my dice tower however I never bothered to finish the detailing. So I decided to get & do that recently, & finished today. As you will see it is uniquely shaped for HS...

with a balcony on either side...

Made to sit on HS terrain, I originally designed it to be able to fit a 7 hex tile to the top with the FotV battlements. However my original painting didn't work out the way I wanted it to so I decided to put foam on the side to cover it up which meant that it was too thick now. I thought about trimming the foam short to allow the fitting of the tile but decided the aesthetic loss wasn't worth it. The 7 hex tile can still rest on top though...

Thanx for looking. I am thinking about making another dice tower for my nephews for xmas but I don't think I'll will spend the time on the HS shape though.

Cheers
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Great job!
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:28 AM

Grim Pinata Woo who?

Wow!!!! That dice tower is awesome!!! You did a wonderful job on it.

There is honor in the effort.
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Cool beans man.

What did you use for the Bridge? I am thinking pre made and then you made it wider?

How well do the trees stand up? I would think they have lots of tipping issues or do they "lock" in.

Screen Screen Screen AAARRRGGGG

I have been using the department 56 christmas village chain link fences. and trying to come up with a better option for a wile. I am off to see how they match up with size wise with the screen.

Pete
</IMG>

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
About a year ago I built my dice tower however I never bothered to finish the detailing. So I decided to get & do that recently, & finished today. As you will see it is uniquely shaped for HS...
with a balcony on either side...
Made to sit on HS terrain, I originally designed it to be able to fit a 7 hex tile to the top with the FotV battlements. However my original painting didn't work out the way I wanted it to so I decided to put foam on the side to cover it up which meant that it was too thick now. I thought about trimming the foam short to allow the fitting of the tile but decided the aesthetic loss wasn't worth it. The 7 hex tile can still rest on top though..Thanx for looking. I am thinking about making another dice tower for my nephews for xmas but I don't think I'll will spend the time on the HS shape though.

Cheers
Dude it is so cool. The one thing I would do is paint a set of the top to match. Did you make a template or patern for the tower?

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old September 15th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
What did you use for the Bridge? I am thinking pre made and then you made it wider?
If you are referring to the bridge on the dice tower it is just made of popsicle sticks. The other bridge is just styrofoam.

Quote:
How well do the trees stand up? I would think they have lots of tipping issues or do they "lock" in.
This was one thing I was always conscious of during the building process - I had to balance the weight & bend the "root" legs until it sat even. One of them I didn't do such a great job of getting this right & it does fall over during enthusiastic play, but the others are fine.

Quote:
Screen Screen Screen AAARRRGGGG

Pete
</IMG>
I know, I had been trying to think of HS ways to use up the "kids ruined" screen for quite some day. Then one day I turned it on the diagonal & the rest is history. Although I had to redo them recently as the base was balsa wood & it didn't withstand my twin 3yo boys "play-testing". So the bases are now popsicle sticks also.

Quote:
Dude it is so cool. The one thing I would do is paint a set of the top to match. Did you make a template or patern for the tower?
I was seriously thinking about doing a wash on the battlements sometime. Hopefully that will be close enough to blend as I only have the 1 FotV (which is more than I had when I originally made the tower). I did make a template for it - somewhere - if you are after it I could probably dig it up.

Thanx for looking & the flattering comments guys.

Cheers
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Pax is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Those look Great! How did you make the fences?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles