Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament 4/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Round #5:
-Opponent: Elric - Braxas, Major Q10, Black Wyrmling x3 at 450pts/7hexes
-Map: Ice Thistle
-Result: Another close one! Calibrax lead for my team, scoring some quick wounds on Braxas, but then immediately went down to Acid Breath. Laglor got revenge by taking down Braxas before moving unto high ground, where he then proceeded, with some really good Autoload rolls, to take out the Wyrmlings and put some wounds on Q10 as he advanced. Major X17 came in to help too, but neither of them could score the final two wounds on Major Q10, while in response, Q10's Wrist Rocket made steady work of my team.
So much fun, and nicely played Elric!
LOSS (2-3)
WOW!! So Elric's Major held up on Ice Thistle with 2-life left against me and you (his first and last matches!)!
Woah, that's crazy!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I guess I'll do my reports too:

My army was Romans x2, MDG, Kaemon, and Asterios (440).

Round 1:
Opponent: flameslayer93 (Kato, 3x Yari, 2x Harquebus)
Map: Mobius by Robber

This was a fun one. Some early skirmishes got a few romans and a few ashigaru down, but I was feeling the crunch of time, as I would have lost on points due to Kato. Just a turn before I was about to break Kaemon Awa out and go for Kato, he took a gamble and attacked Kaemon from height with Kato. Kaemon took 2 wounds, bringing him down to 1 life, but he got 2 good quick release rolls (3 and 4 skulls) and killed Kato in one turn. Asterios cleaned up.

(1-0)

Round 2:
Opponent: hose (Arrow Gruts x3, Mimring, Krug, Marro Warriors, Isamu)
Map: Ice Thistle by Typhon2222

Another close one. I wiped out most of his Arrow Gruts really fast, and Mimring went down without too much of a fight. I blundered though, and left KA and Marcus both vulnerable to Krug on the same turn. He had 6 wounds, and killed a one-wound MDG and a full-health Kaemon on the same turn. It was coming down towards time, and I had a full-health Asterios left. I thought about running, but decided against it. Krug caught up to me and killed me in one turn.

(1-1)

Round 3:
Opponent: hosey (Greenscales x3, Charos, Syvarris, Kyntela)
Map: Embattled Fen by GameBear

My best shot at this one was to get some good quick releases in on Charos. I whiffed instead. I got 5 wounds on him, but that was all.

(1-2)

Round 4:
Opponent: Viegon (Command Courier x3, Calibrax, Laglor, Major X17)
Map: Frostbite by mad_wookiee

Got slaughtered. Heavy snow + Romans - MBS = a loss.

(1-3)

Round 5:
Opponent: Snowy (Ornak, Cyprien, Sonya, Kee-Mo-Shi, Marcu)
Map: Mobius by Robber

Kaemon Awa really did well this game, killing everybody but Marcu and Ornak. The first round he tore through the vampires, and that was pretty much game over.

Final record: (2-3), 10th place.
Old May 1st, 2017, 03:56 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

thanks for sharing guys, sounds like it was a lot of fun

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:43 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

My turn! So many of my games were nail biters; I felt like I'd aged several years during the afternoon of the tournament.

I recruited Einar's forces, particularly Kaemon Awa, Roman Legionnaires 4x, MDG, and Guilty McCreech.

Game 1: @TrollBrute (Arrow Gruts 3x, Swog Rider 2x, Ornak, Krug, Nerak, Isamu) on Sirocco

I didn't feel too good about this matchup, especially since I was having flashbacks of my sound defeat against TrollBrute the previous tournament. The game did not start in my favor at all, with his smart moves allowing him to set up his Swog + AG pod on height and shoot arrows of death down at my poor Romans. At the end of the round, we had a damaged Krug ONE space from a defenseless Kaemon Awa, and TrollBrute conveniently had the initiative glyph. We rolled for initiative, sure of Kaemon's death; I rolled a natural 20 whole TrollBrute failed to get a 12+. I took advantage of this lucky roll and Quick Released Krug to death on the next turn. Marcus and the Romans slugged it out and I sealed the game to win on points with a lucky last-minute one-shot of Ornak with an unharmed Kaemon Awa. Excellently played, TrollBrute! You honestly deserved the win, but it all came down to that one initiave roll.

Win (1-0)

Game 2: Sienna (my girlfriend!) (Marro Stingers 3x, Minions of Utgar 2x, Isamu, Deathreavers) on Mobius

Again, I had no faith in my army's ability to take this one down. The Deathreavers clogged everything down, took glyph control (and one of them was Defense +1!), and even killed a daydreaming Roman. I did fairly well against the Stingers, only losing Marcus and a handful of Romans. Aside from a few lucky blanks on the Minions' parts, they picked me off one by one. In fact, it came down to my 120 points remaining in Kaemon Awa vs. her 110 points in a squad of Minions. No matter what I did, I couldn't kill a minion, and she couldn't reach Kaemon. Just as she had me cornered, time was called and I snuck away with a 10 point victory.

Win (2-0)

Game 3: Ron (my father!) (Krav Maga Agents, Major Q10, Microcorp Agents 2x) on Phlegrean Fields

My dad and I had played countless games in the garage practicing with our armies, and I always beat him. So naturally, both of us were fairly certain I'd win again. However, this map lends itself perfectly to mowing down Romans from range on height). He parked his KMA on the hill and rained death on my army as they tried to approach. Marcus and almost all of the Romans fell with nothing to show for their deaths. It looked like the D-Day invasion, except with Romans for the Americans and sci-fi agents for Germans. Nonetheless. Kaemon got shot up after doing a bit of damage, and I got slaughtered by my dad with a combination of terrible dice rolls and a range-favored map. I'm not salty, though

Loss (2-1)

Game 4: @GUILD_WARRIOR (Marrden Nagrubs 5x, Su-Bak-Na, Wo-Sa-Ga) on Morh

I was excited to play this army, and I admittedly felt confident on my ability to win because of his lack of range. However, I was in for a surprise. Su-Bak-Na wasted Marcus,and the abundance of Nagrubs meant that unless I got a big strike he could heal his wounds effortlessly. Well, after things started to look bad for me, the game turned around. A huge strike from a lone Roman on height and a blank on Su-Bak-Na's part meant I had one less Hivelord to worry about. Guilty McCreech did some damage to Wo-Sa-Ga but all damage was healed. The game got so close that as Wo-Sa-Ga approached my poor Kaemon, I literally had to form a protective wall with the few Romans I had left to prevent a Coil Crush. Time was called, and I had one turn left with Kaemon, and I had to kill something to win. I targeted his last Nagrub with a Quick Release to steal his last OM (and the win). I blanked the first shot, but the three skulls on the next attempt were enough to hand me the win. Well fought, GUILD_WARRIOR!

Win (3-1)

Game 5: @hose (Arrow Gruts 3x, Marro Warriors, Isamu, Krug, Mimring) on Shards

Despite my close win against TrollBrute's Arrow Geuts, I wasn't feeling much better about this army. The game began in my favor, as Guilty McCreech single-handedly slew Mimring. However, Krug found a way into my startzone next to Kaemon, and I faced a very difficult decision. As my last turn for the round, do I surround Krug with 4 Romans and go for the kill before h could damage Kaemon, or do I kill the surrounding Gruts and hope Kaemon doesn't die from 2 attacks of 5. I chose to surround Krug... and left him with ONE life left at the end of the round. Hose won initiative and proceeded to murder the rest of my army with a 9-attack Krug running through my startzone. Hose never needed the Marro Warriors or Isamu to boot. Very well played, hose! I'm 0-2 against you now, so I'm looking forward to our next meeting!

Loss (3-2)

Overall, I took 5th, only placing above my girlfriend because I -barely- beat her in a head-to-head matchup. I had a ton of fun, but I sure wish these tournaments would be more often!

P.S. Thanks so much to Cole, TrollBrute, flameslayer93, and hosey for being cordial and supportive opponents while playing Sienna. She enjoyed the tournament very much!
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:18 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

@Grimnak , you and I beat our girlfriends both called on time by a combined 15pts (1/60 of our total points).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
P.S. Thanks so much to Cole, TrollBrute, flameslayer93, and hosey for being cordial and supportive opponents while playing Sienna. She enjoyed the tournament very much!
Glad she enjoyed it! I remember making a similar comment about my girlfriend last time. Always fun to be able to show new people the game, and the other people that make up the community... it's even better when those new people are ones that are closest to us. I'm sure you'll agree when I say we are blessed men to have girlfriends willing to nerd out with us for the day.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:48 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

She only agreed to it if she could play the "cute dogs," which of course meant Deathreavers.
Old May 4th, 2017, 10:40 AM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
She only agreed to it if she could play the "cute dogs," which of course meant Deathreavers.
Cute Dogs!? What kinda of pets did she have growing up. Snapping turtles?
Old May 4th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILD_WARRIOR View Post
Quote:
Cute Dogs!? What kinda of pets did she have growing up. Snapping turtles?
Growing up, we had snapping turtles. It was kinda cute. Until my parents put gold fish into the tank...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:17 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Kinda late, but... congrats flameslayer! And thanks heroscaper2010 for organizing again. We had a great time. Fun games, but the community really makes it an enjoyable day.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.

Last edited by hose; May 6th, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old May 6th, 2017, 07:03 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I'm missing 2 3-hex sand tiles. I know they're from one of the Swarm of the Marro maps I had built. Don't know if someone mistakenly put them with their own Terrain or what happened. I'll definitely keep an eye out here for them and I'm gonna contact Todd too to see if they're at the store still.

Nvm. I put them in my Rock pile apparently.

Thanks!
~HS2010
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:32 AM

Re: C2P Tournament - Congrats flameslayer93!!!

Alright guys! Looking forward to the next tournament! August 5th and 12th are the dates we could possibly do it. I'm working every weekend of July except the 29th and that's my mom's birthday, and then Fall Orientation is the weekend of the 19th (then I'm into school). Let me know which date works better for you all and we'll finalize it in the coming weeks or so.

Also, I will try to be at MAD Bros as much as possible this summer (Tuesdays, Friday nights, and Saturday nights work best for me right now) if some of you would like to come and play some games. I know it's a long drive for some of you but for those of you that are closer, this is for you all.
Old May 8th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C2P Tournament - Congrats flameslayer93!!!

Currently, either date works for me. August is, in general, not too busy for me.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events