Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 15th, 2024, 04:33 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

I have been reading this thread multiple times a day. I have not chimed in until now so that I could hear opinions. But, the overall trend I'm hearing is one of negativity about the AoA/Renegade release. This is a dissenting opinion. I value the perspectives of others. Here is mine in humbleness. Yes, it is a bit of a sermon.

There was once a refrain many years ago of "any scape is good scape." We've bought in. We run local tournaments, but most participants are youngsters or those that couldn't afford to get into the original game. Most don't own their own stuff, but they love game, gathering, having fun. They are getting older.

We have well over 10 of every master set and terrain expansion. We have at least 8 of every common squad and 4 of each unique figure. That includes C3V and SoV as well, and most of C3G. We are invested in this great game. Not bragging - our efforts and investment have been to enjoy and share the game with youngsters and those that couldn't afford the original. They are getting older.

I applaud any effort to try to the grow the game. I am intrigued and excited about Renegade's efforts to bring the game to new potential scapers. I may not agree with every bio, power, figure, card design, wording, etc. But, I never did. Even the original cannon, a few C3V/SoV, and our own NWHS customs were suspect. I got over it, and still love the game and can make figures and powers work to have a fun gaming experience with different formats. I am still trying to win a battle with the Templar Cavalry. Those who we have introduced the game to are getting older have the ability to buy their own scape.

I have not purchased anything from Renegade yet. I will in multiples. Why? To bring new scapers into the fold and share the enjoyment.

I think about the smiles and wonderment of those new scapers that we have introduced to the game for the first time. They are now old enough to buy it.

I think about the future. It probably won't go as I hope. But, I can adjust, even if it doesn't fit my perspective of how things should be.

Criticism to make a product a better is a good thing? Yes, agreed.

Criticism that might discourage others to think the new Renegade effort is not worthwhile because we are OGs? Hmm. I don't want that.

... new participants, bigger audience, more joy playing the game? Good.

... more interest in my old stuff, more value? Hmm. I am not selling. I love this game too much!!
Old March 15th, 2024, 05:55 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Some of us have bristled at the fact that they want to collect all the money now but not ship until August or whenever. It's entirely possible that they need to feel confident they have enough orders before they actually spin up production.
Despite some of the mistakes I think Renegade has made, I have to say I doubt this. If they don't deliver on the promised product in August due to a lack of preorders, that would be damage to their brand on the level of "Volkswagen rigging their fuel efficiency numbers" or "Boeing planes falling apart in midair." The difference is Renegade, unlike those examples, is not too big to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My over/under for Heroscape published by Renegade is 2 years, and I lean under.
That's about where I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
When it comes to new 'Scape, I'm here for a good time, not necessarily a long one.
I think this is the healthiest attitude to take about all this.
Old March 15th, 2024, 07:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’m here for a good long time and whatever Renegade or Hasbro or whoever else does won’t really impact that. If needing official product was a requirement for me, I’d have been gone when Reinforcements (didn’t) Arrive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2024, 09:42 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think HS is just in a weird marketing place. It was a great "starter game" for kids, basically. That's how it was marketed, and it was amazing at that. For 40 bucks. At 125 (or 80 I guess), it costs multiple times more than any other game you could grab off the shelf. Its lost that starter kids game price point, so its kind of automatically now for the more experienced gamers willing to drop that kind of money. But also.... it clearly hasn't evolved or even had the rules cleaned up in 20 years, the game hasn't really grown with its original audience? I dunno, its weird. Find myself just not excited at all. A revamp would have been really cool, clean things up, a few new mechanics, more interesting cards.... But its just more of the same (For a lot more expensive), and I have lots of it from years ago already. Feels like it only appeals to completionists? That wasn't me before and I only bought what I wanted to. And most of this master set isn't super interesting (My favorite units from the AOA campaign aren't being offered at all yet).
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
If successful, Renegade already licences and has miniatures for G.I. Joe and a few other hasbro properties. I'm sure someone is already planning to marry the two, to sell more of terrain.
Oh man, don't tease me like that. I would go bonkers if they made GI-JoeScape.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:15 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Lol! And the only reason why I haven't delved into the custom Joes here on Sacpers is because I don't need to go down another rabbit hole of mini buying. C3V/SoV keeps me busy enough in that respect.

One contained box, I'm in!

-insert signature here-
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:18 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
If successful, Renegade already licences and has miniatures for G.I. Joe and a few other hasbro properties. I'm sure someone is already planning to marry the two, to sell more of terrain.
Their most recent job posting seems to suggest this is likely.

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:19 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From my User Control Panel:

HeroScape is coming back! March 10th, 2024 07:00 PM
The giant text and shouted catchphrase are rather disruptive (and have been from the start, really).

HeroScape is coming back! March 10th, 2024 02:35 PM
Well said! -- glasq

HeroScape is coming back! March 7th, 2024 09:43 PM
IT's bad enough that you don't support the future of heroscape and want it to fail, but did you have to be so loud?

I guess they are referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

It never left.

I have expressed my admiration of and gratitude for those who have not only kept Heroscape alive for over 10 years (since it was officially discontinued) but exponentially enriched it. Renegade 'Scape is a pale reflection of what has gone before in the halls of C3V/SoV and C3G. I have no wish for it to fail, but I see no need to purchase any of it. . . .

Renegade's success or failure, its quality or lack thereof, is but a tiny blip on the radar, compared to all that has gone before, and all that is being created even as we speak, by this Community. . . .

So, while it is interesting to speculate about Renegade 'Scape, their reasons for doing anything are different than mine. . . .

So, with respect to Renegade and C3V/SoV (from Now Voyager):

Why ask for the Moon when we have the Stars?

I used to go with SIZE="4", but find SIZE="5" easier to see at this point. And I still increase my view on my computer now and then.

As I understand it,, italics are to indicate internal dialogue, printed out, or quoted material. Bold is for emphasis. All caps is shouting.

This was apparently not noticed or ignored: "I have no wish for it to fail, . . . "

"I cannot speak to how important Renegade's success is to any given 'Scaper. I can only speak for myself, and hope that my perspective is helpful."

Apparently, not much.

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:30 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm on the record as wanting to end neg rep on the site. Anonymous cyberbullying has never benefitted the site in any tangible way as far as I can tell. Looking at those little red bars every time you sign on only gets people in their feelings and creates additional angst.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:35 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm on the record as wanting to end neg rep on the site. Anonymous cyberbullying has never benefitted the site in any tangible way as far as I can tell. Looking at those little red bars every time you sign on only gets people in their feelings and creates additional angst.
Agreed. I don't get why you'd want to purposefully hurt people's feelings with it.
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:36 AM

I just wish japes and I had been able to convince the other admins. Maybe a groundswell of public support would do it?

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:39 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Doesn't seem to serve a purpose except to leave an anonymous jab. At which point... just keep it to yourself? Not really a functional thing imo (neg rep that is).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News