Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker) ~ Vote for Tes

With a d20 power, I like to see a cost pretty nailed down before sending it out. Can you do one more army test with the new stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:12 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
With a d20 power, I like to see a cost pretty nailed down before sending it out. Can you do one more army test with the new stats?
Not for probably 2 weeks or so. I'm in the middle of moving, already packed up all my 'Scape. Was hoping to get this moving along before we started.

At the most, though, it does 2 wounds. Average would be closer to 1. Elektra's SA has a 50% chance to wound 5 different figures. Manchester's is unlimited if he keeps hitting the rolls. I don't know, just lowering the number by two for a wound or two seems like it's not worth it (To me, at least) when the playtesting phase is for that. I'll do it if you really want, but it'll have to wait.
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK but I'll want to see an extra public playtest.

Change vote to Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This passes to Playtesting. (Though, technically, it did when quozl voted "nay." We only require unanimous approval for the final vote. Everything else just requires majority approval.).

I'm good with the text changes you mentioned on the previous page, LP.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:24 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Alright, cool, thanks!
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
...has moist legs

Re: The Book of Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker) ~ Playtesting

Looks like he could definitely go up here. Surprised he hit so many Stinger rolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraptor5413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Scarlet Spider Kaine Parker

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 230
- Give a brief overview. A lot of fun to play. The Cloaking power I didn't get much use out of either game except that Kraven wasn't able to target me for his Bola right off the bat. However his Spider Stinger power was deadly and contributed to thinning out my opponent's ranks. Though I contribute my win mainly to good luck with rolls for Dimension of Darkness and bad rolls for my friend trying to free my captives.
Map: Grundy's Graveyard
Units: Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man (C3G), Cloak, Dagger, Venom (C3G) VS Green Goblin, Kraven, Rhino, Lizard, Shocker
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 230
- Give a brief overview. Again tons of fun, still didn't get much use out of the cloaking power but his Stingers made quick work of Carnage and made Symbiotic Senses useless.
Map: Grundy's Graveyard
Units: Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man (C3G), Venom (C3G) VS Green Goblin, Carnage, Kraven
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's the thing about these D20 auto wounding powers - if you get on a hot streak, they can be pretty amazingly powerful.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
...has moist legs

From Viegon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
I quite enjoyed testing Scarlet Spider, he's fun and makes a wonderful assassin. He fits into a nice variety of armies thanks to his synergies. The design itself worked well.

But, in my games, he was insanely strong; in all three games he killed over his points worth, in the third 300+ points over his own cost. Spider Stingers, paired with his ability to get where he wants and his survivability, is very strong; any major target in the opponent's army that has less then 6 life should tremble in fear anytime Scarlet Spider hits the board. Once you give him a Sidekick or turn him into an Assassin with Shiva and pair him with the Hand Ninja, you've got a force to be reckoned with. Give him Arnim Zola and you could potentially get to use him twice, which is just scary.

I would say that I had strong luck for Scarlet Spider in my games, but I don't feel that accounts for the insane amount of damage he did.

Overall he gets a thumbs-up from me, he just needs a drastic price bump (from my games alone, I'd aim for the 280-320 range).

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Scarlet Spider

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass, though Swing Line never saw use in my games, it was because I didn’t play on a very height-heavy map.

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Tentative Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? Much higher than 230
- Give a brief overview. Scarlet Spider made a perfect assassin to start the game. Stealth Suit saved him from a couple attacks and allowed him to get where he wanted, and Spider Stingers was perfect for bringing down John Stewart. The bonus of the auto-wounds was that Stewart didn’t use any markers, meaning Arnim Zola was able to revive the Lantern all markered-up. Despite his team losing to Cable, Scarlet Spider killed 205 points over his own cost.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 3 wounds to Bane.
Spider Stingers 9: All 4 wounds to John Stewart.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Stealth Suit: Marker placed 2 times, marker removed 2 times. Fairly useful.
Swing Line 4: Used 0 times in 6 turns.
Spider Stingers 9: Rolled for 6 times in 6 turns, 9+ rolled 4 times.

Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Scarlet Spider, Scientist Supreme, Arnim Zola, Killer Penguins, Judge Dredd (895 points) VS John Stewart, Bane, Mastermind, Cable (895 points)
Spoiler Alert!

The next two games are coming in a separate PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Army Test 2
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 230 still seems a tad low.
- Give a brief overview. Scarlet Spider again preformed well as an assassin. He charged, with Robin backing him, and was able to kill Cosmic Boy before dying.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: N/A
Spider Stingers 9: All 4 wounds to Cosmic Boy.
Stealth Suit: Marker placed 1 times, marker removed 1 times. Very useful.
Swing Line 4: Used 0 times in 4 turns.
Spider Stingers 9: Rolled for 4 times in 4 turns, 9+ rolled 4 times.

Units: Scarlet Spider, Alfred, Commander Rogers, Nite Owl, Rorschach, Robin (Tim Drake), 5th Precinct Beat Cops x1 (995 points) VS Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Superboy, Brainiac 5, Ragdoll (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Fail
- What should be the unit's point value? Much, much higher than his current cost.
- Give a brief overview. Scarlet Spider was crazy this game. He had amazing luck for certain, the amount of times he hit Spider Stingers alone is high. Still, he killed somewhere well over 600 points worth, and it wasn’t like it was an especially good match-up for him or anything.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 1 wound to Bucky.
Spider Stingers 9: 4 wounds to Captain America, all 5 wounds to U.S. Agent, 2 wounds to Kid Flash, 2 wounds to Comedian.
Stealth Suit: Marker placed 1 times, marker removed 1 times. Not very useful.
Swing Line 4: Used 0 times in 10 turns.
Spider Stingers 9: Rolled for 16 times in 10 turns, 9+ rolled 13 times.

Units: Scarlet Spider, Lady Shiva, Hand Ninja x3, Typhoid Mary (800 points) VS Captain America (C3G), Bucky, U.S. Agent, Comedian, Kid Flash (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
...has moist legs

So for the most part he had some awesome luck here, too. I'm thinking probably around 250 based on this. I don't really want to tweak his die roll anymore (I still don't understand people's luck here. Moon Knight needs a 9 and rolls against two different people with range, and he's still only 150. )

We still have Megasilver to go, I can suggest around 250. Do we want other changes, or would just that new suggestion work?
Old September 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Definitely has some luck. I'd like to avoid putting him exactly even with Spidey, though... maybe toss a 5 in there for MegaSilver (245 or 255)?
Old September 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
...has moist legs

I'm fine with that. Any other opinions before I let him know?
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Definitely has some luck. I'd like to avoid putting him exactly even with Spidey, though... maybe toss a 5 in there for MegaSilver (245 or 255)?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library