Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 26th, 2023, 12:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - 2023-02-25 updates:Cage Match Redux and Sea

I have several updates to post! The first is a formal release/announcement that I've remixed Dignan's Cage Match in an attempt to address the concerns of the WoS judges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Would you mind if I remix Cage Match at some point?
This is my attempt to address the objections of the WoS judges (below) to Cage Match
Spoiler Alert!

TL;DR:
  • "this level 3 platform is too easy to hold... it’s too easy to block the level 3 platform access from your opponent"
  • "Thorian doesn’t apply to special attacks. So the screen + special attackers armies will have the advantage in pretty much any machup, and all they do is to stay on the platform."
  • "The biggest issue with the map is the two single-spaced dips in the road to level 2 - and, to a lesser extent, the two double-spaced dips on the other side."
  • "... the Thorian glyph [is] a very matchup-dependent glyph in addition to being very powerful"
--

To address these issues I raised the road so that is level 3 all the way around the entire map. I also removed Thorian and Astrid as hard-coded glyphs for the map, suggesting they be replaced with other strong glyphs instead. I also removed the swamp water dip along the outside edge of the map, making it easier to go around the sides.

As part of making the road level 3 all the way around, I also removed the level 4 road on the outer edges and replaced it with a single hex on level 4 in the middle of a 7-hex shape of road and sand.

To implement the various level-raising changes I did have to bring in a couple of extra 2-hex snow tiles. These are placeholders--I imagine most collections have some extras, since I know there were some waves that included extra tiles in booster packs. If no extra tiles are available, I believe that some leftover wall bases (of which this map leaves several) would also do the trick.

Finally, I removed a few battlements and added multiple ladders to make the map easier to traverse for melee armies.
We've already used it at several Colorado events and I've been pleased with how it has played.

Quote:
uploaded originally by Dignan 2012-05-13
edit by caps uploaded 2023-02-25

Cage Match Redux

Requires: 1 SotM, 1 FotA

Glyph configuration: strong glyphs must be placed in the center (Ulaniva, Wannok, Valda, Thorian, or even C3V's Lorja Ivor or Yngvild), with useful glyphs on the outsides (Valda, Dagmar, Wannok, Lodin, or C3V's Holdir).

note: the glyphs of Brandar are treasure glyphs.

Link to .pdf
Link to .hsc

------------------------------------
The second update is that I just posted an updated version of Seagate based on feedback from recent events that have used the map.
Quote:

uploaded 11/5/2022
updated 02/25/2023

Seagate

Glyphs of Brandar are optional Treasure Glyphs

Uses 1xRotV and 1xFotA

.pdf
.hsc
This should make the water/Wannok side of the map more engaging. I've also widened the startzones and brought them closer in, making the map a little more "instant action." The other major change is that I figured out a way to make the rock plateau on the "south" side of the map go up one level, which I think makes the map a little more interesting--we'll see what feedback I get on that change.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 26th, 2023, 01:00 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Also, a sneak preview of a map I'm working on to showcase the new wall terrain sets that @GeneralRolando is cooking up:
Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old February 26th, 2023, 02:20 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I've always loved Cage Match...glad to see it get an update! I'll have to try it out.

Also, didn't realize this about Seagate, but I LOVE the "random"/useless water on the wannok side. Because it's SO thematic, cause it's CLEARLY the literal representation of the Sea, thus the name Seagate

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:56 AM

Yeah, I felt like this was an appropriate time to have some useless water on the edge of the map. I also don't think it's totally useless; people will try to move their opponent's figures into it when they have the ability to do so (tactical switch, shield push, etc). I'm leaning towards removing all of the battlements on that side to support the kind of play from any direction.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios