Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 24th, 2011, 05:08 PM

rydude07 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Master sets and expansions

I started this new thread because this may help newbies like myself when using the search functions.

I was wondering, for expansions, when special abilities for cards such as Blade gruts and their special ability with a Orc Champion, can one find an orc champion in the same wave as the blade gruts wave? So, basically I think i am asking, if I get wave 1 pack (with all 4 of the expansions in wave 1) is that sufficient to use all the special abilities? I hope that makes sense. It is super tedious to look through the available expansions i can buy (1,8, 9-13) and make sure that I can use each character to its fullest without having to get some from wave 3, or 4 etc.

Also, for like characters that say that like "all other elves" or something gain +1 attack die or something, are those characters always in the same wave as the elves?

If I get in total master set 1-3, which expansions go well in utilizing the special charactesr in 1-3?

Thanks in advance! You guys are great! hope i make myself clear enough lol
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Master sets and expansions

well, when it comes to orcs, there are 4 champions, if I'm not mistaken. Grimnak comes with Rise of the Valkyrie, Tornak comes with wave 1, Nerak was Gencon/wave 10, and Ornak was Crest of the Valkyrie. So yes, you can utilize Orc Champion bonding with wave 1, but others can be spread out. Annoying right?
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

A great resource is Ryougabot's Synergy in Heroscape thread.

Here:
Synergy in Heroscape

It visually shows which units bond with which units. It doesn't go by wave, but it's a lot easier than reading each card.
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Synergy in Heroscape...Visually
Synergy by Attribute
Battleplan for Heroscape

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM

wow this is kind of a pain to look up lol. Wish there was a list of like which waves would work best with which sets etc and which expansions need which other expansions to work best...

I'd hate to buy like a wave 1 or wave 10 and realize i need a character from wave 6 or 7 or whatever to make all the chracters in wave 1 or 10 to their max potential.
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Learning the synergies and interactions is part of learning the game.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

There are a lot of cross-wave synergies. Perhaps a question to which there might be a useful answer:

Which units have powers that interact with other units, but no units within the same wave?

So Blade Gruts are fine: they're in Wave 1 and their Orc Champion bonding can be used with Tornak (also Wave 1) even though you're not getting the full flexibility of it without the other Orc Champions.

I think Kato Katsuro (Wave 8 ) might qualify as such an example: he helps Ashigaru and Samurai which feature (if I've got this right off the top of my head) only in RotV, Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 5, Wave 6 and Wave 7.
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
There are a lot of cross-wave synergies. Perhaps a question to which there might be a useful answer:

Which units have powers that interact with other units, but no units within the same wave?

So Blade Gruts are fine: they're in Wave 1 and their Orc Champion bonding can be used with Tornak (also Wave 1) even though you're not getting the full flexibility of it without the other Orc Champions.

I think Kato Katsuro (Wave 8 ) might qualify as such an example: he helps Ashigaru and Samurai which feature (if I've got this right off the top of my head) only in RotV, Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 5, Wave 6 and Wave 7.
yes that is exactly what i mean! Thanks a bunch. I hope wave 1, wave 8, and maybe 9-13 will all be still be able to use their full flexibility.
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM

wilabill1 is surprisingly tart

On the other hand, arrow gruts require the Swog Rider from wave 2 to be used to their highest potential. Otherwise, the they really aren't usable. Also, omnicron snipers work well when used with omnicron repulsors from wave 10.

However, roman archers, roman legionaries, venoc vipers, and blade gruts work well without any other wave.

Buylist + good traders

Updated 3/19/2018
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilabill1 View Post
On the other hand, arrow gruts require the Swog Rider from wave 2 to be used to their highest potential. Otherwise, the they really aren't usable. Also, omnicron snipers work well when used with omnicron repulsors from wave 10.

However, roman archers, roman legionaries, venoc vipers, and blade gruts work well without any other wave.
Dang thats a bummer since omnicron repulsors are wave 9 and hard to find.

I guess basically im also wondering if any wave 1, 8, 11, 12, 13 would work well by itself or with any of these specific waves combined since these are the ones that are available to me and cheap enough for me to get
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydude07 View Post
Quote:

I guess basically im also wondering if any wave 1, 8, 11, 12, 13 would work well by itself or with any of these specific waves combined since these are the ones that are available to me and cheap enough for me to get
All the DnD stuff is fine by itsself. The figures in those packs do have synergy with classic stuff but also work fine on their own.
Wave 1 is a good set. The figures in that wave work well with the first master set.
Wave 8 is OK. It has the bulk of the elves, which are an army by themselves. The 10th regiment work well alone, as do the wolves (though they're better with Khosumet.) Some of the heroes aren't good though, Kato sucks without a lot of samurai/ashigaru and Dupuis needs knights to be effective.
Orms Return is worth getting. Su-Bak-Na boosts all marro and Charros is a tank. Brunak is a fun figure to use with his carry ability.
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydude07 View Post
Quote:

Nah, I wouldn't worry about the Snipers needing Repulsors. I own both, and 90% of the time I use the snipers without the repulsors.
I actually use the Omnicron Snipers with Taelord the Kyrie Warrior from wave 1 more than I do the repulsors.

Even though the arrow gruts have two good bonding options from wave 2, they can still bond with Mimring, the gold dragon, from RoTV, and the ice troll berserker from wave 13. Two good options that you can definitely build an army around.

If you buy all of those waves 1, 8, 11, 12, 13, plus have the 3 master sets, you will have tons of direct synergy...
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The 10th regiment work well alone They also have good synergy with Marcus from Wave 1,
as do the wolves (though they're better with Khosumet.) They can bond with the Werewolf lord from Wave 12.
Some of the heroes aren't good though, Kato sucks without a lot of samurai/ashigaru and Dupuis needs knights to be effective. Dupuis can synergize with the Phantom Knights from Wave 11.
My additions in bold.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion