Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Lightning Lad- Design Phase

SP updated.

Would the SA be too complicated if we added:
Quote:
Subtract 1 from this special attack for each space Lightning Lad moved this turn. Subtract an additional 2 from this special attack if Lightning Lad is adjacent to the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Lightning Lad may attack one additional time rolling the number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I wouldn't say it is "too complicated" but I would say it is unnecessarily complicated since it isn't adding anything interesting or thematic to the design IMO.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think you should add: Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this attack.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I wouldn't say it is "too complicated" but I would say it is unnecessarily complicated since it isn't adding anything interesting or thematic to the design IMO.
I think though it is more thematic, as if you are adjacent to the defending figure you are going to have less time to "charge". This would also give him a weakness that can be exploited to keep his cost down & not make him too uber.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
SP updated.

Would the SA be too complicated if we added:
Quote:
Subtract 1 from this special attack for each space Lightning Lad moved this turn. Subtract an additional 2 from this special attack if Lightning Lad is adjacent to the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Lightning Lad may attack one additional time rolling the number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
I think though it is more thematic, as if you are adjacent to the defending figure you are going to have less time to "charge". This would also give him a weakness that can be exploited to keep his cost down & not make him too uber.
Well this can pose a couple different strategies for sure, one for each player. If someone (Blob/Doc Oc) on LL's team can lock down an opponent's HH and is within 6 spaces of LL, then LL won't have to move any spaces and can get at least one special attack of 6 and maybe another of likely a couple or more dice to attack with.

Conversely, if he rolls 2 less attack when adjacent. The opponent can make a beeline to get adjacent to him and nerf him somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think you should add: Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this attack.
Definitely should have that line in there. Nice call Tickle

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 9th, 2011, 01:59 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like Tickle's suggested line.

I don't like A3n's suggested line. (I swear I am not picking on you mate) I don't see the theme very clearly - It makes it too easy to nerf him as Hahma points out - and with Tickles line added, A3n's line really becomes too much text for the power IMO.
Old September 9th, 2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
I like Tickle's suggested line.

I don't like A3n's suggested line. (I swear I am not picking on you mate) I don't see the theme very clearly - It makes it too easy to nerf him as Hahma points out - and with Tickles line added, A3n's line really becomes too much text for the power IMO.
I'm fine with that. I offered because people were thinking his power level was too high & this was a deliberate (& thematically plausible) way to alleviate that concern. But if youse don't want him brought down in power then I am fine with it.

Cheers
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:19 AM

Yeah, I was originally a tad worried about the power level, but after a while, it kinda grew on me. Great design.
Old September 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

You could always make the special attack only work on non-adjacent figures. That seems like a cleaner way to nerf the power if needed. That way if LL disengages it weakens the attack some and he has to risk wound(s) from disengage.
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That might be a good idea there GP. Otherwise once he's engaged, he would get his full attack and possibly more and have no reason to ever use his normal attack. It adds some in game choices where there's a risk/reward element. Make it really tense when he has one life left and is engaged to an opponent that may have a high defense or little life left. Do you attack normally and risk missing or risk taking last wound to blast them with 5 attack special and mayb more. I guess it depends on whether his cost should be closer to 200 or closer to 150

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM

No way. If GARTH RANZZ isn't shooting a powerful ranged attack, he isn't Garth Ranzz. What we have, with Tickle's suggestion of adding in the resistance line is solid IMO.
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
No way. If GARTH RANZZ isn't shooting a powerful ranged attack, he isn't Garth Ranzz. What we have, with Tickle's suggestion of adding in the resistance line is solid IMO.
Not to be a butt, because I've agreed with 99% of what you've posted in this thread so far, but if he can't use it while adjacent, it really doesn't affect his powerful ranged attack at all.
That said, I kind of like GP's suggestion, but as more of a "keep it in our back pockets" thing if he doesn't feel right in the initial playtest.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library