Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 7th, 2018, 01:26 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscaper 101 customs. [Updated]

This Troll get no additional attack dice like the Feral Troll. The Troll may attack any or all opponent's figure adjacent to Xul'drek.
Old November 7th, 2018, 01:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'd guess he's too expensive, but he's nice and simple.
Old November 7th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, simple isn’t a bad thing at all. I don’t know if I mentioned, but I like the high life and low defense with regenerate. It’s evocative.

If this is the design you’re happy with, why not try running some playtests?
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Is Xul'drek greater than or less than the Feral Troll.
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I bet you can answer that question yourself.
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Xul'drek can attack all adjacent, but has 4 attack which stays the same unless enhanced by height, auras and other things. Then there is the Feral Troll who gets 3 extra attack with Blood Frenzy, has 3 base attack unless enhanced by anything. Xul'drek costs 120 points, he is a unique hero and there is the Feral Troll which costs 90 points, also a uncommon hero which means you can have multiple of the Feral Troll.
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Xul'drek can attack all adjacent, but has 4 attack which stays the same unless enhanced by height, auras and other things. Then there is the Feral Troll who gets 3 extra attack with Blood Frenzy, has 3 base attack unless enhanced by anything. Xul'drek costs 120 points, he is a unique hero and there is the Feral Troll which costs 90 points, also a uncommon hero which means you can have multiple of the Feral Troll.
Okay, so each Uncommon counts as a Unique Hero, so there's basically no benefit for being an Uncommon.

Your troll has almost the exact same stats as the feral troll, but yours has 1 more attack.

Your troll has Whirlwind Assault, which allows him, if positioned correctly, to attack a whole bunch of figures. Feral Troll can get a big attack boost on a wounded figure. Which of these powers is better?
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Okay, so each Uncommon counts as a Unique Hero, so there's basically no benefit for being an Uncommon.

Your troll has almost the exact same stats as the feral troll, but yours has 1 more attack.

Your troll has Whirlwind Assault, which allows him, if positioned correctly, to attack a whole bunch of figures. Feral Troll can get a big attack boost on a wounded figure. Which of these powers is better?
Xul'drek can attack 8 or fewer figures adjacent to him. Then there is the Feral Troll can only attack 1 figure. The new troll is good to at destroying which squad figures, which consists more figures. When it comes to the Feral Troll, it might be best to take tanky heroes who have a lot of lives
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Just A Head

That’s some good analysis! The only thing I’d point out is that Xul’drek can only attack 6 figures - that’s how many can be on hexes adjacent to him.

Can someone help us out here? My sense of classic scape balance is a bit wonky from years of playing mostly C3G.
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

Well, if he's double-spaced, he can attack 8.

And you're right, the big benefit here against the Feral Troll is his multi-attack ability.

Where you went a little wrong at the end is who they're good against: Feral Troll is good against heroes with a lot of lives. More lives means more turns that he gets 6 attack dice. Xul'drek is good against squads, since he can get multiple attacks. Especially as a double-spaced figure, it'll be hard for your opponent to avoid setting you up for some multi-attacks.

In the end, I'd probably stick him at 120 points.
Old November 7th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Well, if he's double-spaced, he can attack 8.

And you're right, the big benefit here against the Feral Troll is his multi-attack ability.

Where you went a little wrong at the end is who they're good against: Feral Troll is good against heroes with a lot of lives. More lives means more turns that he gets 6 attack dice. Xul'drek is good against squads, since he can get multiple attacks. Especially as a double-spaced figure, it'll be hard for your opponent to avoid setting you up for some multi-attacks.

In the end, I'd probably stick him at 120 points.
Ah, mea culpa, I didn’t realize he was double-spaced.

I don’t know if I read it wrong, but I thought H101 was spot-on with who they’re good against. Feral Troll: Heroes, New Troll: Squads
Old November 8th, 2018, 07:25 PM

Changed Xul'drek attack to 3 from 4 and he costs 105 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards