Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 6th, 2016, 06:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: VirtualScape 1.070 available

If you right click on the .exe you should see a compatibility tab. Mess with that

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 6th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Anybody have any help on why VirtualScape turns everything black (except start zone dots) when I try to render a high quality image?

I'm running Windows 10, a new machine I got a couple weeks ago.
You're not alone...even though I use Windows 7, I still haven't been able to get VS to render High quality images for me (turns black also).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I have the problem. I found a solution but I'm not sure if it could work for every one... ^^

When I open Virtualscape in a "normal" way (i.e. double-clic...), it runs with the basic graphic card. There I have the issue.
But if if right-click the .exe and launch with my dedicated graphic card (GTX 850M), then I have no problem.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 03:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I have the problem. I found a solution but I'm not sure if it could work for every one... ^^

When I open Virtualscape in a "normal" way (i.e. double-clic...), it runs with the basic graphic card. There I have the issue.
But if if right-click the .exe and launch with my dedicated graphic card (GTX 850M), then I have no problem.
Is this a new fancy graphics card, or an old outdated graphics card?

Does anyone have a more general solution here? Has anyone tried running VS in compatibility mode?
Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:07 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I haven't looked in detail of how thorny it is to build. @capsocrates , have you by chance? Perhaps we're lucky and a more recent recompile with updated versions of libraries is all that is needed. (?)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I haven't looked in detail of how thorny it is to build. @capsocrates , have you by chance? Perhaps we're lucky and a more recent recompile with updated versions of libraries is all that is needed. (?)
It's thorny. I do have it compiling on Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015. I'm not sure it's very stable, though.

I have been working* on getting it to compile cleanly (no warnings) and on removing unused files (there is a lot there from when Zzzzz was hoping Hasbro would let him make it a game engine). I don't remember if my code is committed to a branch on github yet or still just locally committed.

*I haven't touched it since probably October or November, though

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 4th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post

Is this a new fancy graphics card, or an old outdated graphics card?
None of them. It is a laptop graphic card by Nvidia, released in 2014 (thus not a new fancy one ^^), but still doing pretty well (photoshop, solidworks, or games like Shadows of Mordor, the Witcher 1,2 are running at good quality settings).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 18th, 2017, 01:41 PM

mistercharlie is surprisingly tart

Has anyone figured out a way to add the Arena of the Planeswalkers terrain to Virtualscape?
Old February 22nd, 2017, 01:19 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercharlie View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to add the Arena of the Planeswalkers terrain to Virtualscape?
Do you just mean the ruin? The rest is just Heroscape terrain by another name, no?

Could be tricky but someone could potentially add it in as a "personal terrain" tile. Otherwise I think it's fairly similar in shape to the marvel ruin, right?
Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:48 PM

mistercharlie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Do you just mean the ruin? The rest is just Heroscape terrain by another name, no?

Could be tricky but someone could potentially add it in as a "personal terrain" tile. Otherwise I think it's fairly similar in shape to the marvel ruin, right?
I was actually referring to the cardboard sheets of 'terrain' it comes with.

I like to use those as a base to build up from occasionally. What I've been doing in virtualscape is using single hexes to make up the larger (9x6) cardboard bases that come with AoTP.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was actually referring to the cardboard sheets of 'terrain' it comes with.

I like to use those as a base to build up from occasionally. What I've been doing in virtualscape is using single hexes to make up the larger (9x6) cardboard bases that come with AoTP.
Yeah, that seems like a perfectly good solution. Whenever I've designed something with the base lexan playmats underneath, I did it by making just such a level 1 base sheet.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If someone did add the items from magic Arena of the Planeswalkers that would allow use of those items easier in map contests and when using them to build maps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software