Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 16th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
That's really not a bad idea. I'd imagine there are a sizable enough number of Heroscapers who have the original squads but not the repainted hero based on them, otherwise having two spare figures if they painted it themselves.
@Scytale , can you give any insight as to whether this is an acceptable notion for SoV policy?
There are also an awful lot of us (myself included) who got a real Master Woo and don't have a couple of extra minis to repaint. I doubt this would fly, given the rarity of old Heroscape packs.
Old April 16th, 2015, 02:40 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
I've always wanted to paint a Master Woo, but never knew what to do with the other two monks. Maybe I'll give them blue robes and use your Singing Fang Twins.

When I started that thread about official repaints, these are the types of repaints that came to mind. You should think about submitting them to the SoV as official repaints.
Yeah I really like the Singfang Twins. With figure availability I was kicking around an Uncommon Hero idea for them and going with the latest Pathfinder Iconic Hero fig. You could probably do the same if you painted one full squad of Shaolin Monks in blue.

NAME = Singfang Disciple
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Monk
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
UNCOMMON HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 60

SINGFANG DODGE
When defending with Singfang Disciple, you may reroll all defense dice that did not show shields. Singfang Dodge may only be used once for each defense roll.

SINGFANG STRIKE
When attacking with Singfang Disciple, you may reroll all attack dice that did not show skulls. Singfang Strike may only be used once for each attack roll.

MONK BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this Singfang Disciple, before taking this Singfang Disciple’s turn, you may first take a turn with one other Monk hero or Monk squad you control.

Army Builds:
Master Woo …. 140
Shaolin Monks x3 … 380
Singfang Disciple x2 … 500

Either way ... very inspiring, Ixe!
Old April 20th, 2015, 06:11 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's another hero for Einar.

This is the Red Dragonkin Rider from Pathfinder Miniatues - Reign of Winter.

NAME = Sabina Arabasti
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Eberron
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Knight
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Large 7 (Single Based)
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 130

FIRE AND STEEL SPECIAL ATTACK

Range Special. Attack Special.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, Sabina Arabasti may use Fire and Steel Special Attack. Choose a figure within 6 spaces of Sabina Arabasti and roll 3 attack dice. Common Squad figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against this attack. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds, you may move Sabina Arabasti up to 6 spaces. If Sabina Arabasti ends that movement engaged, she may attack again by rolling 4 attack dice.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Sabina Arabasti's movement, ignore elevation. Sabina Arabasti may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Sabina Arabasti is engaged when she starts to fly, she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Sabina Arabasti is a dragon-riding knight hailing from Eberron, specializing in guiding her half-dragon mount in combat. Like other half dragons, they are smaller and their breath weapon is not as potent as that of a true dragon. As such, they make up for it by using manufactured weapons and having their breath supplement their means of fighting. Sabina can guider her dragon to fire a small bast of majestic flame, creating an opening to guide it in and strike from above with her powerful spear.

Sabina's main power is a combination of Fire and Rush Special Attack from Samuel Brown and the Red Wyrmling's Fledgling Fires Special Attack. The dragon opens with a characteristic blast of flame that is more effective against squads, allowing Sabina to move her and attack with her weapon (which has no such benefit against squads). Unlike Samuel Brown, Sabina has no problem initiating the maneuver when already engaged and can choose to take leaving engagement attacks to reposition if she wants to. Against a single target, it may still be more useful to do a normal attack of 6 from height rather than an attack of 3 followed by one of 4.

Sabina should work well bonding with my Iron Maidens of the Ozoman as well as thematically fitting in with that group. While the miniature is not actually human, the pale face passes for a mask easily enough that I think it works. As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; April 20th, 2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: stupid copy paste
Old April 20th, 2015, 08:10 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

It says 'Jandar' in the General Section of your 'card'. Personally, I think the special attack would sound better as 'Fire and Steel' (no s), I know you're trying to riff off the Wyrm, but to me 'Fires and Steel' just sounds a bit off with the mix of plural and singular.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 20th, 2015, 10:28 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
It says 'Jandar' in the General Section of your 'card'. Personally, I think the special attack would sound better as 'Fire and Steel' (no s), I know you're trying to riff off the Wyrm, but to me 'Fires and Steel' just sounds a bit off with the mix of plural and singular.
Thanks for commenting! Copy paste gets me every time. I fixed it for Einar. I think I have to agree with you on Fire and Steel. I came up with that name original and then realized after the fact how well it worked with Samuel Brown's Fire and Rush. At the last moment I added the 's' to riff on Zelrig and the Wyrmlings but I must admit the first name was just better.
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

An overall solid design; I especially like the implementation of a breath attack that is combined with the figure's most unique feature, the dragon and rider. It's a little strange to say "Choose a figure with 6 spaces" on a power like this, because it implies he can target non-adjacent figures while engaged. But there is some precedent (though not exactly the same) with Explosion, so I guess it's ok.
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:50 PM

Thanks again to everyone for their comments on Sabina. Here is another hero for Aquilla.

This is the Murabid Tuareg Sniper from Infinity Miniatures. It is supplied unpainted and may require assembly.

NAME = Ella Wok
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Alpha Prime
SPECIES = Mariedian
CLASS = Sniper
PERSONALITY = Precise
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 50

DOUBLE SHOT

When Ella Wok attacks a non-adjacent figure, she may attack one additional time if she did not move this turn.

Ella Wok works as a sniper among the Mariedian resistance, relying on her allies to let her move into position. Once she is set, she can quickly line up shots and fire multiple times to pick her enemies apart. If they should manage to close with her, however, they will quickly pick the hero apart.

Ella Wok is another installment in what will likely grow to a cross-factional cycle of snipers. She plays quite simply and, if you can set her up, can act as a sort of bargain version of Syvarris. In addition to having lower life, the fact that she cannot maintain her double attack while on the run does put her significantly behind her elven counterpart. This downside is mitigated when played along the M-43 Resistance Fighters who can use Guerrilla Warfare to move her into position without wasting order markers and then to enjoy her double attack on her turn. With my 72nd Spotters she can potentially unleash a torrent of shots, making that army more and more viable and versatile with each additional sniper.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; July 6th, 2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: snipers can't be engaged
Old April 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Interesting idea. She is definately a core piece to an army built around versatility, rather than raw firepower. Is this effective in action? The Mariedans don't really have a lot of punch in general and she doesn't aid that any. I suppose there's more to the story, a la Jarek Guy or something, though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 4th, 2015, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the comment on Ella Wok! I wouldn't count on her solving all of the Mariedians' problems but I think she can slot into their army well enough as some versatile filler.

This is the Northlands Fighter from D&D Miniatures - Tyranny of Dragons

This is Rabilor the Bold from Pathfinder Miniatures - Reign of Winter.

This is Nadya Petska from Pathfinder Miniatures - Regin of Winter.

And this is Greta from Pathfinder Miniatures - Reign of Winter.

NAME = Jarland Warriors
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Warriors
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

VIKING SPIRIT LINK
At the start of the game, choose a Human Champion you control. While that Human Champion is in play, any figures on that Human Champion's Army Card are also considered to be on the Jarland Warriors' Army Card. There can only be one Human Champion for all the Jarland Warriors you control. Jarland Warriors cannot attack any Human Champion you control.

HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Jarland Warriors, you may first take a turn with any human champion you control.

After the Tarn fell to Ulrick and his Dreadgulls, the warlord did not stop there. He continued his rampage into neighboring Jarland where the warriors rose in defense. They fought valiantly against the raiders and used their connection with the spirits of their dead to strengthen their cause. Despite their best efforts, they were still overwhelmed by Ulrick and only rescued by Jandar to continue the good fight alongside their former allies, the Tarn.

I always thought the idea of the Viking Champions and their spirits were interesting for unique squads but never made much sense when applied to a larger army of commons. The Jarland Warriors imagines instead a way for the warriors to reap the rewards of their fallen champions. The idea is that they can designate a linked champion who can hang back to absorb spirits in safety while they bond with doomed champions and march into battle, gaining rewards as champions fall. I suspect that suicide may often be a more efficient method but that ignores the extra attacks and the aura that the champion may otherwise provide. If you really want to get crazy, you can add in the Varkaanan champions as well but it must be kept in mind that each hero drafted will directly cut in to the number of squads that you can field in the first place.

The point cost is a shot in the dark and I have a sneaking suspicion that it can become pretty abusive in higher point total matches (especially if there is easily accessed molten lava). It still rests all its eggs in one destructible basket, however, so maybe it will all work out. If you throw all the viking champions and the relevant Varkaanan ones (including my Tauri), you could get the Jarland Warriors up to 7 move, 5 attack, and 5 defense, which is obscene for a 4 figure squad, but that would also take minimum 790 points to get one squad to that level. More concerning is if there is ever a ranged champion that Arktos' spirit can get them to range 3, but I don't think I need to sweat that.

In any case, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old May 4th, 2015, 11:36 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I really like the concept, 80 feels very over priced considering how many human champions you have to commit to them in order to get all those bonuses. Considering they aren't really anything special after being a 3/3 i'd start play testing them at 60.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 4th, 2015, 12:21 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice to have another common squad to use with Champions other than KoW, and one that fits in so well with the Vikings. (If you wanted a cheap version you could proxy with a bunch of Tarns, assuming you don't draft any Tarns with them.) Also really like your Mariedian sniper. Thanks for continuing the naming convention of two-syllable first name, one syllable last. I don't know why that's important to anyone, but I have stuck to it so of course I expect everyone else should too! Do you actually buy and paint all these figures? Just wondering.
Old May 4th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like them. I think they make a pretty neat alternative to the KoW and Macdirks, where they use different boosts to achieve much the same effect. Personally, I'd drop their movement to 4 to better match the Tarns

Also, Alistair would make for a perfect "Lead Champion" than anyone else, because he is still useful in endgame (where you can better time your overextend attack)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards