Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:12 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Valguard

Is there a strategy review out there containing the fact that the dreadguls are in play?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old February 20th, 2015, 02:33 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Is there a strategy review out there containing the fact that the dreadguls are in play?
As the Dreadguls are customs (VC, but still customs), that strategy review would not be here. However, @Taeblewalker writes reviews for VC units and puts them in the Codex (correct me if I'm wrong here). I suggest that if you want a review containing the Dreadguls with Valguard, you shoot Taeblewalker a PM or something like that and ask him about it.

Now that you mention it, my interest has been piqued in this matter. I hear a lot about Dreadguls with Guilty and Jotun, but not as much about Dreadguls with Valguard. That was a very good question!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 20th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
As the Dreadguls are customs (VC, but still customs), that strategy review would not be here. However, @Taeblewalker writes reviews for VC units and puts them in the Codex (correct me if I'm wrong here). I suggest that if you want a review containing the Dreadguls with Valguard, you shoot Taeblewalker a PM or something like that and ask him about it.

Now that you mention it, my interest has been piqued in this matter. I hear a lot about Dreadguls with Guilty and Jotun, but not as much about Dreadguls with Valguard. That was a very good question!
I already wrote a guide about the Zombie Hulk for the next Codex but I can write one about the Dreadguls for the next one.

Old February 20th, 2015, 04:02 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

I feel like the strategy would be somewhat similar to using the Sacred Band. The Dreadgul review would be interesting. I've always wondered how they work with Big Jo, Valgaurd, and Guilty.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 09:49 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great strategy review @Fezzikthedoor ! I read this thread and realized I'd never really used the Sacred Band...like ever. So reading about the potential Valguard had to synergize with them and Parmenio peaked my attention...and I decided I really wanted to try it out. The results were awesome, and I was very pleased with this 350pt army made up of:

Valguard
Parmenio
Sacred Band x3

For ANYONE, wondering if this Strategy Guide review for Valguard is legit, then watch my video battle report below...you'll find this was a very strong army, - and worked just like @Fezzikthedoor indicated in his review - and one that synergizes very well for being a 350pt army. I'm sure there are armies just like this out there, but already this has risen to one of my favorites. Thanks Fezzik!

Strategy review evidence
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles