Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 5th, 2014, 07:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Capsocrates:

I love having the option to play the long game, which is why I hate it when a game can't be finished! As an old wargamer, I try to play even Heroscape as a coherent army, rather than just playing one card with all the order markers on him/them until they die, and repeating he process.

Yesterday I had the most players at once so far for MEMOIR 44: D-Day Landings. One player couldn't make it to a six player game, so we removed one map and I just ran the four player, which worked out very smoothly. It made more sense to me than trying to run two giant maps at once while running the game myself! I've so advised the guy who will be running all six maps next Saturday at my FLGS, and having to deal with twelve players. I'll help him out as I can with bringing physical pieces and advising on rules, etc. Having more eyes on the rules this time around was useful to me, as I changed the way I was playing a rule or two myself. Even with this simple game, you just never seem to catch everything.

The Germans were doing well at first, with an early two to one point superiority in the first half and later a majority still. It began to look like the US was doomed. Suddenly the US player on Omaha captured all three beaches at once and wiped out the best German counterattacking unit with a single amazing die roll! On Utah, the Germans were about to unroll a can of whupbehind on the US with a massed counterpunch, but had no cards they could use in their hand to do so. But the US player there, although with many units out of position to defend from the counterattack and others still in the water, had the cards to exit three now undefended causeways and win the game the next turn, so we called it at that point. Lots of fun for all, even without the American Airborne map!

I thought that the new modular system, with each pair of players running on one deck of cards with no overall C-in-C as in "Overlord" (the former multiplayer format), made it easier to adjust for players not showing up also.

Last edited by chas; October 5th, 2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Rebel Aces showed up yesterday along with some new pathfinder and LotR stuff. I think I know what I'm doing today after church...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Rebel Aces showed up yesterday along with some new pathfinder and LotR stuff. I think I know what I'm doing today after church...
A bunch of un-boxing?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 5th, 2014, 05:10 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

We had a game day on Saturday which was also a 40K competition day. They had 17 competitors & by all accounts had a good time. But that left only 3 of us playing board games.

As one was the person that loaned me Robinson Crusoe it meant he could show me how it played. Great themed game. I would say it's a linear roleplaying game in rounds. It was fun enough but the fiddly nature of it isn't really for me. We played scenario 1 & won in the 3rd last round. Although we suspect we might have cheated by including Friday & the Dog. He remembered afterwards that they are only for 1 or 2 player games.

Then we had a good game of Boss Monster. After which 2 of us went over & did the judging of the paint work for the 40K competition.

We finished the day with a fun game of Lords of the Waterdeep. Turns out I had been playing a few things wrong . So it was good that I found those out. Didn't help me in the game though I couldn't get quests to come out that would assist me. It was frustrating. And to rub salt in the wound I was robbed of the one cleric that I needed to complete a quest in the last round just before I got to play my last agent. That quest would have put me in 2nd place instead of last.

Even though it was only 3 of us it was a fun day.
Old October 5th, 2014, 08:52 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

So I sold a few of my Zombicide Kickstarter exclusive stuff from Season 2 on Ebay recently. I got quite a bit more than I had expected to and put all of that money into some new games.

I picked up Descent 2.0 along with the Labyrinth of Ruin expansion, and an extra set of dice
Also got Pathfinder: Skull and Shackles with the character add on pack and the 2nd adventure deck
Picked up the Rook City and Infernal Relics expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse
And got the Emerald Spire module for the Pathfinder RPG that I run on Roll20.

Add that in to the stuff I got recently for my birthday and it has been a lot of gamey goodness around here lately.

Now if only I had someone to play them with...

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 5th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bummer! Sorry, though, three hours away!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Whatcha doin' on October 18, spidy?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 5th, 2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: we play all different board games after the tourney. . .
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Rivet Wars with @Legos of Bleakewoode today on a map of his design. I won, but it probably had more to do with him giving my axis more deployment points per turn than my tactics. Hopefully I was getting all of my horrible rolls out before the NHSD tournament.

Started the 3rd scenario (Saving Annie?) of Robinson Crusoe with @CatScaper , also. We are doing alright, but things can go south pretty quickly with RC.

Waited till the last minute to finish my Shadows over Brimstone pledge manager tonight. Can't wait to finally get it.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; October 5th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Interesting, when I tag @KidScaper, I get nothing.

= =
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:26 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Whatcha doin' on October 18, spidy?
Unfortunately not making the now more than 3 hour drive down to MD for some scape

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ah well. No harm in asking.

edit:

Got Yomi back to the table tonight for the first time in ages. KidScaper has *always* had my number in this game, but the tables turned tonight & I won handily with Lum, the panda, who I had for some reason never used before.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 6th, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old October 7th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

This is a bit of an odd suggestion, but those of you that like Rivet Wars would like the Advance Wars video games. Similar cutesy military aesthetic to them. They're turn based and have no luck involved. They have hotseat play too. They're essentially just boardgames on your gameboy advance/DS.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games