Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Phoenix

The Book of Phoenix

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Xplosion set.
Its model number and name are #095 / Phoenix.

Character Bio - Born as a Mutant Telepath with telekinetic and telepathic powers, Jean Grey is a magnet for the cosmic Phoenix Force which has resurrected her from death several times, but has also put her friends in harms way due to the unstable nature of the Phoenix Force. She is an original member of the X-men, and has a long history with them, especially her husband Scott Summers and her mentor Professor X. Jean Grey is a loving and compassionate person with the curse of being marked by the Phoenix Force entity that chooses to manifest itself at will in the telepath of its own choosing.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: What happens when Phoenix is destroyed and her Phoenix Fire destroys the opponent's last figure? Who wins? Or is it a tie?
  • A: It's a tie, because the victory conditions aren't checked for until the end of the turn after all powers have been applied.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Phoenix may be drafted into the same army as a Merciful Jean Grey figure, due to her Phoenix's Phoenix Birth special power, and placed on the battlefield after your other Jean Grey is destroyed. Current Merciful Jean Grey figures: Jean Grey.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:31 PM. Reason: png
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Phoenix - Designing

NAME = PHOENIX
SECRET IDENTITY = JEAN GREY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 230

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Jean Grey figure with the Merciful personality. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. Your Merciful Jean Grey must use the Phoenix Fire special power, and when Phoenix Fire refers to Phoenix, it refers to your Merciful Jean Grey as well. When your Merciful Jean Grey is destroyed, switch her with Phoenix.

PSIONIC BLAST
After moving and before attacking, you may choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Phoenix. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place any or all figures on the chosen spaces on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of their original placement. One at a time, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against each placed figure.

PHOENIX FIRE
Anytime Phoenix receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, you must immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each adjacent figure, one at a time.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Griff

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control gains, and must use the Phoenix Fire special power, and if she is destroyed, switch her with Phoenix.

PHOENIX FIRE
Anytime Phoenix a figure you control with this special power receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, one at a time, you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to her.

Not sure if those suggestions work. I just thought it would make it clear that Jean Grey has the power of Phoenix Fire when she's played in the same army as Phoenix. Also, Phoenix Fire referred to Phoenix, so it would sound kind of wonky if Jean Grey had the power that referred to Phoenix taking wounds, especially since Phoenix isn't in play.

I guess the only other thing is that with no special defense, her 5 defense and 4 lives doesn't seem to make her much more durable than normal JG, though Phoenix does have flying to give her better defense if there's any height available.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control must use the Phoenix Fire special power, and if she is destroyed, switch her with Phoenix.

PHOENIX FIRE
Anytime Phoenix a Jean Grey figure you control receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, one at a time, you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to her.
I think this sounds better than what Hahma suggests, but he is on the right track. Since Phoenix Birth says that the Merciful Jean Grey figure can use Phoenix Fire, it seems pretty clear to me.
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In that case, I'd be in favor of these changes to the wording:

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure with Phoenix. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control must use the Phoenix Fire special power, with any reference in that special power referring to your Merciful Jean Grey instead. If your Merciful Jean Grey is destroyed, immediately replace her with Phoenix on the battlefield.

For pasting:

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure with Phoenix. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control must use the Phoenix Fire special power, with any reference in that special power referring to your Merciful Jean Grey instead. If your Merciful Jean Grey is destroyed, immediately replace her with Phoenix on the battlefield.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In that case, I'd be in favor of these changes to the wording:

PHOENIX BIRTH

For pasting:

PHOENIX BIRTH
That reads like a mouth full of marbles, but I agree, that are some "power sharing" standards that we can draw from in Doctor Doom and Rogue. I'll work on the language.
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM

1. I updated the Move to 6.
  2. I updated the Defense to 6.
  3. I updated the Phoenix Birth power so that the "Doctor Doom wordage" is mixed in to reference Jean Grey in the special power that she will be sharing/using.
  4. I updated Psionic Blast to specify that the chosen spaces are from Phoenix.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:47 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Phoenix

You guys switched the mini! If you would have told me I could have gotten the correct one for the front page pictures.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
PSIONIC BLAST
After moving and before attacking, you may choose 4 spaces in a straight line and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place any or all figures on the chosen spaces on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of their originial placement. One at a time, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against any or all placed figures.
As this power reads, there is no limit on where the 4 spaces on the battlefield could be. I think this edit is what is intended:

PSIONIC BLAST
After moving and before attacking, you may choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Phoenix and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place any or all figures on the chosen spaces on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of their originial placement. One at a time, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against any or all placed figures.
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:56 PM

I like that first change Hahma, although the second one would stack if you had multiple figures in play with the same power on its card. I think some Doctor Doom wording as in "refers to this figure/card" text will help out here. And I definitely want to bump her defense up to 6 now that you mention it.

Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM

Good call Tickle. I think that edit and a defense of 6 should do. Also, I think a move of 6 is appropriate here too.
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:12 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yeah I was really confused reading the OP but Hahma's & Tcglkn's suggested changes help make it clearer. I don't really know the character apart from whichever Xmen movie she was in, so I must ask what is behind the Phoenix Fire?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library