Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which bard plays the tune of your heart?
Alixron Vandos 5 17.24%
Bace Kleff 1 3.45%
Glack 1 3.45%
Hjordis Muirgen 4 13.79%
Jai Soloreef 14 48.28%
Johnathon Jinglepepper 2 6.90%
Kage-Oni 2 6.90%
Rophru 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28th, 2023, 12:21 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: QC3 Summertime Contest Poll - CONGRATULATIONS SHIFTREX

Congrats Shiftrex!
Old July 28th, 2023, 12:30 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Awesome thanks for the votes! Lots of great units in this contest. I voted for Glack myself.
Congrats! Jai is really well done, (although I ended up voting for Alixron)

Glack was mine, any comments?

If you’re curious, my thoughts on/goals for Glack:

When Dr GooMonkey announced the contest, I had no idea what to do for a bard, so I said I would take the first easily editable image from a search and use that as my inspiration. I was actually pretty excited with what I came up with, but I think I tried to cram too much into one unit. The goal was to have someone who made the goblins more fodder-y with an aura that was a negative at a certain range (for variety and making it sometimes a decision if you even wanted to scurry). Because I thought the aura was only of dubious value, I gave him impatient so he would be able to keep his aura relevant but couldn’t use it to attack right away.

I think giving goblins reverse trample is something that I think should probably have been an entirely different unit rather than on Glack. If combined with an ability that makes them clump together, it could be something that allows for a cheap 4 man squad without making (or at least somewhat mitigating) them from being a huge pain for single attack heroes. Wonder if Renegade reads this thread…
Old July 28th, 2023, 12:42 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well Done

Grats SR. It was a really neat idea.

I'll admit this was kinda rushed from me and I really just copied 5e bard abilities and didn't really take time to refine them rather than trying to do something much more creative like some of these other options.

~Dysole, who'll try again next time
Old July 28th, 2023, 10:28 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congratulations Shiftrex!
Old July 28th, 2023, 10:37 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Congratulations Shiftrex! A few clarifications of Circle Singing Death Song and I might have given you a run for your money. With those, I might have something for SoV . . .

Old July 28th, 2023, 11:28 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Nice job Shiftrex! Very cool design.
Old July 28th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats Shifty!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 29th, 2023, 11:34 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Congrats Shiftrex! Mine was Bace Kleff. Thanks for the praise Necro and Myriad! Looking forward to more

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old July 30th, 2023, 12:24 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congratulations, Shiftrex! I loved the way Jai's powers forced decisions from his player. I actually voted for him.

There were many good units this time. I submitted Kage-Oni; I'd probably cut Evil Eye Defense and tweak the point value if I were to write it up today, but I like the result anyway.
Old August 1st, 2023, 03:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Awesome thanks for the votes! Lots of great units in this contest. I voted for Glack myself.
Congrats! Jai is really well done, (although I ended up voting for Alixron)

Glack was mine, any comments?

If you’re curious, my thoughts on/goals for Glack:

When Dr GooMonkey announced the contest, I had no idea what to do for a bard, so I said I would take the first easily editable image from a search and use that as my inspiration. I was actually pretty excited with what I came up with, but I think I tried to cram too much into one unit. The goal was to have someone who made the goblins more fodder-y with an aura that was a negative at a certain range (for variety and making it sometimes a decision if you even wanted to scurry). Because I thought the aura was only of dubious value, I gave him impatient so he would be able to keep his aura relevant but couldn’t use it to attack right away.

I think giving goblins reverse trample is something that I think should probably have been an entirely different unit rather than on Glack. If combined with an ability that makes them clump together, it could be something that allows for a cheap 4 man squad without making (or at least somewhat mitigating) them from being a huge pain for single attack heroes. Wonder if Renegade reads this thread…
Yeah I think I'd cut the part that lets Goblins take splash damage, and then streamline some of the rest of the power:

Small Goblins within 4 spaces of Glack add 1 to their attack. When any Small Goblin you control, including Glack, leaves an engagement with an opponent's figure within 4 spaces of Glack, that figure may roll the 20-sided die. If they roll an 11 or higher, the Goblin takes a wound.

I really like the Impatient power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards