Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Sage

Ah, I missed the strategy where you put OM3 on Sage and X on Brainiac 5 so that the last time you move an OM from Sage is also the last time you use the power. Either way, there are a few ways to run the numbers, but I think the key point is that while quozl's suggestion does make a difference, it seems unclear that it's enough of a difference. Especially, because the biggest issue (IMO) is what it does during your opponent's turn to your passive D20 powers and their offensive D20 powers, and the change there is very minimal at best.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice analysis Bats and V! Even if reading them gives me a headache.

Another thing to note with the Initiative boost from Sage+Brainiac is that it's not +6, it's +6 or -6. In the two game's I played with her yesterday, I intentionally gave my opponent the first turn 4 or 5 times, allowing me to get the maximum subtraction from their D20 rolls and possibly set up an Initiative switch on the next round.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And I haven't played Sage and Brainiac 5 together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

All of these are reasons, honestly, that I really wish Brainiac 5's powers were tied more heavily to his faction, so we could sever this connection and focus on making smaller tweaks to Sage (and potentially Commander Rogers).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What small change could be made to Brainiac5 if the only change to Sage was Quozl's suggestion?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

For instance, what if Brainiac5 just gave a static boost, no matter how many OMs are on his card? Or you could split it--let OMs stack to boost the initiative roll, but make the bonus to d20 rolls a flat +1/-1 if there is at least one OM on his card?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM

Another thought ... what if Brainiac/Sage could just add to D20 rolls, but couldn't subtract from them? Their being able to do both doubles their effectiveness.

Old July 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Brainiac 5 is so restrictive in addition already it's a moot point for him to change at all. Every time I have used him I have felt so underwhelmed with him that I want to scrap him & redesign him altogether.
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Brainiac 5 is so restrictive in addition already it's a moot point for him to change at all. Every time I have used him I have felt so underwhelmed with him that I want to scrap him & redesign him altogether.
I think my tests over HERE do a pretty good job of showing how strong Brainiac can be with Sage. He's ridiculously good with her. Even without Sage, I've always found him decent in Legionnaire armies. Just tossing the 'X' on him gives you +/-2 Initiative, +1 to all of your rolls and -1 to your opponent's. That's not too bad for a 130 point figure and, with Shield Belt and 6 Life, he's got some sticking power that makes him decent clean-up.

Old July 6th, 2013, 09:50 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
I think my tests over HERE do a pretty good job of showing how strong Brainiac can be with Sage. He's ridiculously good with her. Even without Sage, I've always found him decent in Legionnaire armies. Just tossing the 'X' on him gives you +/-2 Initiative, +1 to all of your rolls and -1 to your opponent's. That's not too bad for a 130 point figure and, with Shield Belt and 6 Life, he's got some sticking power that makes him decent clean-up.
The trade off of wasting 2 OM's (at least 1 turn) to get a +10% chance on D20 rolls on Brainiac 5 is it's cost there. I think Sage's ability not having a trade off or restriction is definitely worth reevaluating, but B5 wasting OM & not doing much else but surviving is near useless.

Actually on reading your playtest I didn't get the opinion that the wins were due to Sage & Brainiac. In the first it reads more like the strategies used with the rest of the team, namely Mastermind, Cops & all the shear numbers provided by Multiple Man were what one the match. You even stated that Spidey wasn't affected by Sage & B5. In the second it sounded like Graviton did all the work. Now this of course may be just the way you have written the report, but as it is it wouldn't convince me change either Sage or B5, even with me thinking Sage could do with changing.
Old July 6th, 2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The trade off of wasting 2 OM's (at least 1 turn) to get a +10% chance on D20 rolls on Brainiac 5 is it's cost there. I think Sage's ability not having a trade off or restriction is definitely worth reevaluating, but B5 wasting OM & not doing much else but surviving is near useless.

Actually on reading your playtest I didn't get the opinion that the wins were due to Sage & Brainiac. In the first it reads more like the strategies used with the rest of the team, namely Mastermind, Cops & all the shear numbers provided by Multiple Man were what one the match. You even stated that Spidey wasn't affected by Sage & B5. In the second it sounded like Graviton did all the work. Now this of course may be just the way you have written the report, but as it is it wouldn't convince me change either Sage or B5, even with me thinking Sage could do with changing.
I'm not sure you realize how their powers interact. I never once wasted a turn on Brainiac. He got 3 OMs placed on him every round and never once took a turn. With Sage's ability, I can always move the numbered Order Markers off of Brainiac before he takes a turn. With this, I get an effective +/-6 to my Initiative roll (+/-3 from my roll, +/-3 from my opponent's). It's then a +/-4 to any rolls before I reveal an OM; +/-3 on and after my 1 OM; +/-2 on and after my 2 OM; +/-1 on and after my 3 OM. This is a HUGE bonus. In each of the two games, there were 14(!) rolls that Sage+Brainiac were able to effect to their favor. That includes upping Multiple Man's rolls to take a turn with more figures; bring back a figure with Dupes (essentially a +60 point gain); decide who I wanted to win Initiative and, once, kept Spidey from dodging. In game two, Graviton would have done much less if it were not for that D20 boost. Out of those 14 rolls changed, 5-6 were Initiative, leaving 8-9 times Gravtion would have failed his roll but succeeded due to Sage and Brainiac. If my memory is correct, 7 wounds were inflicted thanks to Sage and Brainiac and it would have been even more if there had been more enemies for Graviton to attack. Graviton only did as well as he did because of Sage and Brainiac. That's what makes support units some of the trickiest to balance, the effect they have on the game is not always clear, but it can be quite a lot.

Last edited by TrollBrute; July 6th, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old July 6th, 2013, 10:37 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just found this little gem.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; July 6th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library