Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:56 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
C3V Tournament Basing Standards?

What will be the standards for basing C3V figures? This is assuming that there will be some sort of standard set for official tournament play (as there probably should be, for "official" custom units). To ask more specific questions:

- Does Zetacron have to have that little mound underneath his foot, because it absolutely refused to come off for me. What about his swivel-torso and positionable arms? Is there a margin of error for this one?

- Will figures from the D&D miniatures game take a normal medium base, or a smaller, D2 base? What about miniatures from the other games?

- What bases are acceptable for use? The recommended C3G bases? Games Workshop bases? Cannibalized Heroscape bases (which I personally blanch at using)?

Discuss.
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:30 AM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3V Tournament Basing Standards?

I'm hoping that the recommended bases for the C3G will be fine since I have almost everything on one of those right now and they look really good, especially when you paint them. Then again, it's not like I'll ever get to any tournaments for it to matter, but my inner OCD might chop them off if they should be on something different.
Old June 10th, 2011, 03:17 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I believe Yodaking sells Heroscape bases on an eBay store, but I don't have the link at the moment.
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
I believe Yodaking sells Heroscape bases on an eBay store, but I don't have the link at the moment.
Yes he does. They look quite nice and almost official. The only issue is that due to the pouring process he uses, the thickness will vary by a millimeter or two. That's not much untill that extra thickness prevents your figure from climbing ladders. If ordering the small single bases from him, let him know at the time you place your order if you need them to work on ladders and he will check that before he sends them.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Yes he does. They look quite nice and almost official. The only issue is that due to the pouring process he uses, the thickness will vary by a millimeter or two. That's not much untill that extra thickness prevents your figure from climbing ladders. If ordering the small single bases from him, let him know at the time you place your order if you need them to work on ladders and he will check that before he sends them.
Cool find!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 2nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Cool find!
Check out Impact Miniatures. They just added Classic and Marvel stickers for the small and large single bases. The bases are black, but can be spray painted if you choose. Tom at Impact has started preliminary work on double bases, but it may be a while before they can offer them. Yodajunkies double bases work very well, though.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Cool find!
Check out Impact Miniatures. They just added Classic and Marvel stickers for the small and large single bases. The bases are black, but can be spray painted if you choose. Tom at Impact has started preliminary work on double bases, but it may be a while before they can offer them. Yodajunkies double bases work very well, though.
Woah! I didn't know we had someone at Impact! Well, C3G has been buying out their bases for 2 years, so I guess they decided to expand.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sure it would depend on the tournament organizer, but would it be a legal option to leave C3V customs attached to their original base? This would obviously cause problems for Omegacron and other future figures who are meant to be mounted on a peanut base, but what about single hex figures? Of course this would make the figures look less "official" and some of the bases may not fit on ladder rungs, but I can see no other reason why keeping the original bases wouldn't be allowed.
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
I'm sure it would depend on the tournament organizer, but would it be a legal option to leave C3V customs attached to their original base? This would obviously cause problems for Omegacron and other future figures who are meant to be mounted on a peanut base, but what about single hex figures? Of course this would make the figures look less "official" and some of the bases may not fit on ladder rungs, but I can see no other reason why keeping the original bases wouldn't be allowed.
I will probably be rebasing all of my C3V figs with mac's suggestions in his above post.

As far as what is going to be acceptable at tournaments, you hit the nail on the head- it will totally depend on the TD. I am sure some TD's won't even think of allowing C3V units since, at the end of the day, they are still customs- which is fine. Others may allow them but only rebased with as close to official base sizes and shapes as possible. Others may be a little more lax as long as the base fits on a hex according the rules.

All things said, in the end, it will up to the TD.
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Speaking for myself only:

For all the single-spaced figures whose bases fit on a single hex, the original bases are fine. We already have D&D figures in the game that use the small bases. A few more figures that use those bases are no problem.

The medium Rackham bases are very comprable to classic HS bases, and I can't see anyone having a problem with them either. They are a bit too tall to fit on ladders, but it's nothing a little sandpaper can't solve.

The double-spaced figures do need to be on bases with some sort of peanut-shaped profile.
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Like dok and LC, I am speaking for myself only.

This is a very important question because it points out the role of C3V/SoV in the competitive community.

Remember, *your local tournament director* is in charge. But for myself, as a local tournament director, this is what I intend to do: If the bases they come on are Scape-sized, no rebasing is necessary. If they are Clix/MK whatever bases, I'd rather not have to see the little numbers, but I believe it's possible to work around those without completely rebasing. Grishnakh posted a tutorial, IIRC.

If rebasing is necessary - say, for a large D&D figure on one of those giant circles, or Omegacron - it has to work on the terrain. I have two left hands when it comes to this kind of thing, and I don't want anyone else to have to do something I wouldn't want to do myself.

I want to see the C3V and SoV units be as labor-free as possible. So really, for rebasing, if they look more or less right and they fit on the hexes it's good enough for me.

I wish I'd seen your question earlier, Schultzy, but it looks like you've gotten excellent advice from others already.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 11th, 2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: nyys, below, is right, of course: if it's a double hex figure, it has to be on a double hex...
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It's the double spacers that I will be most concerned with. Can't have Omegacron on a single base since he was designed in C3V as a double spaced figure.

The only issue I will have with a single spaced figure concerning the base is if it is too big for a single hex, otherwise it works for me.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs