Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:04 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Quack188's Repaints and Mods - 9/01/11 - Dwarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM! View Post
@Quack188
When dealing with Warhammer models always paint their stands 'Goblin Green'. It's amazing how much better a boring black cloaked gobo looks with a green stand. Otherwise, your paint jobs are pretty good. All in the lines and nice inking. I personally like to snazzy up my Warhammer models but don't do too much of that until you're experienced. Good job though!

"BOOOM!"
I don't plan on keeping them on those bases. I'm putting them on repainted Elfball bases like my Dwarves. I only stuck them in those so I had something to hold on to while painting. As for the snazzying up of the minis, I don't think they need to be. Not with Heroscape anyway. I don't find that Heroscape minis are painted overly well so a quick paint job and a wash fits in well. Actually, it looks better in my opinion. Thanks!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Quack188's Repaints and Mods - 9/01/11 - Dwarves

Next up is Omegacron. I bought the Mechwarrior 265 Marauder IIC so he needed some painting. It only took me a few hours last night to do and it would have been a lot faster if I had a can of Skull White so I wouldn't have to paint him by hand.

The colours I used were Games Workshop Skull White, Boltgun Metal, Enchanted Blue and a wash of Badab Black.

I was going to leave him just white and not use a wash because I was afraid it would make him too dark but I went for it anyway since there are a lot of crevices and bullet holes that needed filling. Now all I need is a base and to get that stupid rock off of his old base.

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM

Re: Quack188's Repaints and Mods - 9/22/11 - Omegacron

I was out to the store yesterday and bought some more paint to finish my goblins and noticed that they had some Dust miniatures. I picked up a box forgetting that they aren't pre-painted. I had a snow day today and decided to paint one of them to see how they would turn out.

The pictures are a bit dark. I'll have better ones once I finish painting them all.

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:02 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Quack188's Repaints and Mods - Dust Mini - Jan. 31

Looks nice

Too bad those Snipers won't have paint jobs that are up to par. I wouldn't know how to fix that though
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He looks pretty awesome to me but I'm a sucker for that WWI German look. You use a great technique on the fabric parts, much better then me. Do those bases work in the ladders?
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:23 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He looks great! How did you paint him? Is that white with just a wash of dabad black or are there layers going on there?
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Looks nice

Too bad those Snipers won't have paint jobs that are up to par. I wouldn't know how to fix that though
Snipers? Are you refering to the Omnicron Sniper with Omegacron or the gun on the Dust Mini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
He looks pretty awesome to me but I'm a sucker for that WWI German look. You use a great technique on the fabric parts, much better then me. Do those bases work in the ladders?
I didn't even think about checking until you mentioned it. Sadly, they do not. I guess I'll have to rebase these guys in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
He looks great! How did you paint him? Is that white with just a wash of dabad black or are there layers going on there?
I did more layers than that, but I have a feeling it would turn out the same. I'll probably do a step by step when I start the rest and post it.

Thanks for the comments!
</IMG></IMG>
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM

I finally finished painting another Dust mini. I still have three left but I figured it would be better to get the tutorial up and then take my time with the others and do them as a distraction from school.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Quack188's Repaints and Mods - Dust Mini Tutorial - Feb.

You are making me want to buy some Dust minis even though I have vowed to buy no more unpainted figures. I have too many unpainted figures laying around waiting to be painted as it is.
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with Yodaking, I also have too many unpainted already but now I want to give this a try.

Thanks for the tutorial, I enjoyed it and will use it when I get home to try what you showed.

Thanks for all the work you put into making this
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
C3G Landlord

What Dust Tactics box did you buy? Looks like it may be the recon grenadiers but I'm not sure.
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
I agree with Yodaking, I also have too many unpainted already but now I want to give this a try.

Thanks for the tutorial, I enjoyed it and will use it when I get home to try what you showed.

Thanks for all the work you put into making this
You're welcome! I hope it's easy enough to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
What Dust Tactics box did you buy? Looks like it may be the recon grenadiers but I'm not sure.
Recon Grenadiers. Yup, that's the one!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions