Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Quack188's Customs - Axe Throwers - 11/21/11

These are my custom cards. The Pathfinders of the Iron Hills are the only ones that have gotten any play testing, but they could all use some. If you've got any comments or suggestions feel free to help make these cards better.

Pathfinders of the Iron Hills - Dwarf Rangers (Games Workshop: The Lord of the Rings)
Spoiler Alert!

Furies - Harpies (Games Workshop)
Spoiler Alert!

Constantine Fletcher - Vampire Hunter (D&D: Unhallowed)
Spoiler Alert!

Sar'Keth Karath - Githyanki Gish (D&D: Savage Encounters)
Spoiler Alert!

Xal'naar The Protector - Half-Orc Paladin (D&D: Underdark)
Spoiler Alert!

Argas The Savage: - Savage Minotaur (D&D: Savage Encounters)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Quack188; November 21st, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Cleaned up a little.
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart
Re: Quack188's Customs

Cool idea for a hero. Looking forward to seeing the figure and card. I don't know if he's worth a 100 points, though. Just my opinion. I mean, agent carr is 100 points. He's got the same life as this guy, but he can also clock in a normal attack value of 6, as well as long range. He's also got more defense. Compare it to brunak too, whose got more move, higher defense, and a special attack that can wipe out a group of squad figures. (for only 110 points) Cool idea for a figure, but I think the price might need to be reviewed. Beef up his attack or defense, or lower his point value.
Hope the advice helps.

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:30 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Nice minotaur. I love powers that can move opponent's figs (Shurrak made me an addict ).

I was trying to come up with a helpful suggestion for wording for Goring Charge when I realized it is going to vary significantly depending on several factors:
  • Can he use it in a turn that he starts engaged?
  • Can he use it against a figure he starts engaged with?
  • Does Argas to take Leaving Engagement attacks when using it?
  • Can he charge through other figures and/or line of sight blockers?
Also, Thrashing Horns can be incorporated into Goring Charge, since it can only be used when Argus charges. You could crib most of the wording from Shurrak's Knockback: "When Argas inflicts a wound on a small or medium figure when attacking with Goring Charge immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move the figure to any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Argas. The space must be on the same level as or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Goring Charge never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Knockback can receive any falling damage that may apply." I left in the limitations Shurrak has (small or medium only, and new space must be same level or lower), but you can axe any of those you like

A couple other thoughts: Being a Beast gives him Bonding with the Arrow Gruts. With a Special Attack of 4 (boosted by the abiltiy to move the target) his normal attack will almost never get used (even with height and Blood Fury it still only totals 4, and is still subject to the myriad of normal attack weaknesses like Tough and Scatter) unless Goring Charge has an inherent weakness (like it can't be used against an figure Argas starts his turn engaged with).

I'll wait to weigh in on his pricing until I know how powerful you'd like him to end up.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

That you both for the advice.

As for Goring Charge, he will be able to use it while engaged, but it must be against someone he is not engaged with. He will take leaving engagement attacks and he can not go through figures or LOS blockers.

So, New Goring Charge?: Attack _. Instead of moving normally with Argas The Savage you may choose an opponent's figure that is not engaged with Argas up to 4 clear sight spaces away. Argas will take any leaving engagement attacks.

When Argas inflicts a wound on a small or medium figure when attacking with Goring Charge immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move the figure to any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Argas. The space must be on the same level as or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Goring Charge never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Goring Charge can receive any falling damage that may apply.

I think I meant to have his special attack a different value but messed up with the four move. What if I gave him three attack and made his special two attack?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

It should be
Goring Charge
Range 1 Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Argas, you may use Goring Charge. Choose a figure to attack with GC within 4 clear sight spaces of Argas. Place Argas on a same level space adjacent to that figure. Argas cannot use GC on any figure he starts his turn adjacent to...
And continue it from there. The way you have it worded, he doesn't attack with GC, nor does it have range. Cool custom though and he should be more around 80 points with a massively weak attack that will never be used. Also, it should be Goring Charge Special Attack if you want it to be a special attack.
If you change his special to 2 and his normal attack to 3, I would never use the special as it is too weak to use it for the knockback aspect and it is not an overly useful special attack. Give him a normal and special of 4, then you would have to decide which you wanted to use in different situations rather than picking one over the other all of the time.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

If you can pick any figure within 4 clear sight spaces and move Argas adjacent then effectively he can move through any intervening figures or LoS blockers, and he can move up or down any amount of elevation changes. Mabe it shouldn't include anything about movement, and just be limited to how far he can normally move

Goring Charge Special Attack
Range 1 Attack 4
Instead of attacking normally Argas the Savage may use Goring Charge special attack. Argus the Savage may not use Goring Charge special attack against any figure he starts his turn adjacent to and must have clear sight of any figure he attacks with Goring Charge before he starts his move. When Argas inflicts a wound on a small or medium figure when attacking with Goring Charge immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move the figure to any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Argas. The space must be on the same level as or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Goring Charge never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Goring Charge can receive any falling damage that may apply.

I think that he makes sense with a normal attack of 3 (bumps to 4 with height or Blood Fury, 5 with both) and Goring Charge at 4 (it is very limited, but has a potentially big benefit if he deals a wound) priced around 85.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM

I like the sound of that. I'm glad the wording of that sounds good now. I shall update it and get to work on the card.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM

Here's the card for Argas and a picture for size comparison.

Old February 8th, 2011, 09:02 PM

Okay, next is Xal'naar The Protector. The figure is Half-Orc Paladin from D&D: Underdark. I'm waiting for him to get here from Auggie's, so I'll post the card once he gets here and powers and everything get sorted out.
Sadly, I can't really play test any of these since I have no one to play with.

Here we go:

Xal'naar The Protector
Jandar
Half-Orc
Unique Hero
Paladin
Valiant
Size ?

Life: 6
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 5

Righteous Smite – When Xal’naar the Protector attacks a figure that follows Utgar or Vakrill, roll 1 additional attack die.

Brand of Judgement – If Xal’naar the Protector inflicts at least one wound on an opponent’s hero, roll the 20-sided-die. If you roll a 16 or higher, the chosen figure’s Move number is reduced by 2 and their Attack and Defense numbers are reduced by 1 until the end of the round

Divine Bodyguard – If a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Xal'naar The Protector receives a wound that would destroy them, Xal’naar may receive the wound unless it would destroy him.
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

I saw that figure on Auggie's; it looks really cool. Nice choice Although an orc-based hero that opposes Utgar? Interesting.

An idea for that last power. You might want to re-word it:

When a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Xal'naar The Protector recieves enough wounds to be destroyed, if Xal'naar has less than 5 wounds on his card, you may instead place the inflicted wound on Xal'naar's card. Xal'naar may take no more than one wound per attack when using this power.

Ummm... I don't really know if this sounds any better. Your choice, this is just a suggestion. Anyway, cool idea.

/( my grandparents are from Newfoundland. Canadian pride /

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM

That does sound more official. I'll reword it.

Also, Newfoundland rocks!
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Finally have my stuff from Auggie's. I'll have a card for Xal'naar finished in a few days max.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards