Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11th, 2016, 01:34 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gen Con 2016

Thanks to the many, many suggestions about events this year. We were not able to take every suggestion, but have made several changes:

More events!
In the morning (10am-3:30pm) time slots, we'll be running 3 events simultaneously to give more choices. Each event will hold 16 players (48 total). This lets us try our first ever Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers event. We hope the 3-at-a-time idea works well and lets us add more of your event ideas in the future.

More prizes!
We ordered a LOT more dice. There will be dice for the winners, but also for sportsmanship and fun, innovative army choices. We want to reward winning, but also the kind of army selection and sportsmanship that makes the events fun for everyone.

Learn to Play!
This is not for this site so much as to reach out to some new players. We supply the figures, dice, etc, they just need to come and have fun learning the best game in the history of the universe. Tell your friends!

Open Play!
This isn't new, but we will have slots for both Heroscape and Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Open Play. (The current titles don't contain the words "Open Play", but should soon.) If one of the events fills up, shoot me a PM and I should be able to increase spots. (Gencon's . . . interesting . . . accounting makes it better not to have unsold tickets.)
IF YOU WISH WE HAD TAKEN ONE OF YOUR IDEAS FOR AN EVENT, PLEASE TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO PLAN IT FOR Open Play! We will provide prize support for these events.

Different (Higher) Point Totals and Hexes!
This was the request we got the most often. This can, potentially, lead to longer games. The hex increase is generally modest, which I think is a bigger contributor to longer games than higher points. But we'll see! I suspect it will be fun to mix it up a bit.

----

Want to help GM? PM me ASAP with your name and email address that you use for Gencon registration, and with the events you can help GM for.

Thanks for all your input, and we hope to see you at Gencon this year!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.

Last edited by fomox; July 25th, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con