Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 23rd, 2020, 12:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Ant-Man, Morbius, and Compact Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is Black Panther still affected by molten lava and special attacks? I ask, since you decided to start listing things he's still affected by. (i.e. you should cut that line, IMO).
That's the actual wording for the Super Strength special power, without the extra power that ignores automatic shields provided by any DO.
Old June 23rd, 2020, 12:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Designed

Black Panther looks like one tough nut to crack.

I love the Sand Blast power. But Sandstorm I think takes out the most complicated power in the Helmaverse. Man the qualifiers on timings in that power send me cross-eyed. It in effect would be pretty easy to use & understand once but you have twist your head around it first.

Could Flawless Aim be simplified to:
Quote:
FLAWLESS AIM
When Bullseye attacks, you may re-roll all attack dice once that did not show skulls.
Old June 23rd, 2020, 12:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Is Black Panther still affected by molten lava and special attacks? I ask, since you decided to start listing things he's still affected by. (i.e. you should cut that line, IMO).
That's the actual wording for the Super Strength special power, without the extra power that ignores automatic shields provided by any DO.
Yeah, but that's a special power that's listed in a rulebook, not spelled out on cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 23rd, 2020, 11:55 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but that's a special power that's listed in a rulebook, not spelled out on cards.
I think the Rulebook IS the official “card” wording for Super Strength. Since there’s plenty of room on the card, I’m ok with making Bats cringe and leaving the last sentence regarding extreme falling.
Old June 23rd, 2020, 12:03 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Black Panther looks like one tough nut to crack.

I love the Sand Blast power. But Sandstorm I think takes out the most complicated power in the Helmaverse. Man the qualifiers on timings in that power send me cross-eyed. It in effect would be pretty easy to use & understand once but you have twist your head around it first.

Could Flawless Aim be simplified to:
Quote:
FLAWLESS AIM
When Bullseye attacks, you may re-roll all attack dice once that did not show skulls.
I took the Flawless Aim wording format from Official Kiova and HelmAverse’ Namor. Since the precedent has been set and the card has lots of space, I’m ok with leaving this as is, too.

Now I totally agree on Sandstorm. That power was holding us up for a while. The idea was simple but the wording gives us trouble because of the timing of defensive powers. It’s particularly annoying when Hasbro Spider-Man or Venom get to swing away. We wanted to force Spidey to change his space when defending as it was thematic fun to have Sandman slamming down in a blast of sand and forcing Spidey to give up his position. Ultimately the timing on Sandman’s power seemed to get wonky though. We are open to help here.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:04 AM
Captain Underpants

Before we get to any new designs (and we do have a few more just about ready to go), I thought I'd share the updated Copperhead. The main change is folding the snake venom from his special attack into his normal attack. He's got a better chance of hitting some venom now but I eliminated the chance of instant death. I also lowered his defense. He won't last as long but he is a little less swingy and therefore a little more appealing to add to an army, particularly at his relatively low cost.
----------------------------------------
DC

COPPERHEAD

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ASSASSIN
TRICKY
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 4

SNAKE VENOM 13
If Copperhead inflicts at least one wound with his normal attack roll the 20 sided die for Snake Venom Damage. If you roll a 13 or higher, add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure’s Army Card, and roll again for Snake Venom Damage. Snake Venom does not affect Destructible Objects.

EVASIVE 2
When Copperhead rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 2 to his defense dice.

PHANTOM WALK
Copperhead can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 3rd, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 07:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks solid.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is Slippery just renamed Phantom Walk? I'd be tempted to roll a Slither effect in there to better differentiate it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:11 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Is Slippery just renamed Phantom Walk? I'd be tempted to roll a Slither effect in there to better differentiate it.
Great catch Bats. I cannot remember the exact first draft of Copperhead years ago but it had an extra element allowing him to “slide” extra spaces in movement. I guess I never changed the power title even though it just became Phantom Walk. Thanks, I’ll go with the official power.
Old July 7th, 2020, 07:36 PM
Captain Underpants

Pretty low on the complexity scale but I do think that he represents the character well enough to find a place in the HelmAverse. Lil Helm's latest design is....

-------------------------
DC

ETRIGAN THE DEMON

DEMON
UNIQUE HERO
PRINCE
WILD
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 7
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

HELLFIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one other figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Hellfire Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

LAVA RESISTANT
Etrigan the Demon never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and he does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Etrigan the Demon may use Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Etrigan may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Etrigan may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If Etrigan is engaged when he starts his Leap, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

-----------------------------
Edit: Added lava resistance

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 19th, 2020 at 04:02 PM.
Old July 7th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is an impressive stat line at that cost.
Old July 7th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is an impressive stat line at that cost.
You know what, Lil'Helm had his points higher and I just unilaterally lowered him when I posted him. We played with him at 240 so I think I'll put him back to that for now.

Thanks for always checking in and offering expertise. We will definitely keep an eye on his value as you may be right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations