Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crash Landing

to not using Valhalla glyphs on C3G maps. The project is separate from Hasbro stuff in almost every other way, so I don't dig that type of overlap.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I just PM'd the tester that used this map and that glyph for his test and told him I didn't realize it had that glyph on there. There's no way a Valhalla glyph should be in a C3G map build and especially a competitive map that people can use for testing. It needs to be removed ASAP please before we have another test done with it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
The PDF downloads fine for me. The glyph of Wannok is in the build instructions. Personally I don't like using any glyphs in a playtest, even in my fun classic games I don't use that glyph as it is very powerful. IMO
Thanks REJ.

I don't use glyphs in playtests (other than ones equipped already to a unit) unless there is a specific reason to use them based on the unit being tested or played against.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

A number of older maps use Classic Glyphs unless I'm mistaken. They'd need to be re-tested with C3G Glyphs if we really need the overhaul.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd love to see us make that move, personally.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

A glyph is a glyph is a glyph. I don't think it matters whether it's a C3G one or a classic one. Glyphs change the game - end statement.

It would be nice to see C3G glyphs used on C3G maps sure, but I don't count it as necessary.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I don't use glyphs in playtests (other than ones equipped already to a unit) unless there is a specific reason to use them based on the unit being tested or played against.
I do the same most the time. I only used this map once, but found it strange that it included a Classic Glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
A number of older maps use Classic Glyphs unless I'm mistaken. They'd need to be re-tested with C3G Glyphs if we really need the overhaul.
I don't know about any Casual maps, but this is the only Competitive map I know of that uses a Classic Glyph.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
A glyph is a glyph is a glyph. I don't think it matters whether it's a C3G one or a classic one. Glyphs change the game - end statement.

It would be nice to see C3G glyphs used on C3G maps sure, but I don't count it as necessary.
I don't like glyphs that are meant to dish out an auto-wound to 15-220 point figures giving them out to 10-1600 point figures. Or giving 4 auto-wounds to one unit in a game.

So you wouldn't mind +8 initiative for one army, or +1 attack or defense or +2 defense for your whole army? How about +4 to the range of all your opponent's units that have a range of 4 or more? Or no flying glyph used with our stuff in testing? Or a glyph that can insta kill any unit you have in play (Event Heroes aside). Or how about the glyph of Negation that allows you to only have to roll a 5+ on a d20 to negate the special powers of any figure for the rest of the game. Nothing like Hulk, Darkseid, Superman or Thor getting their powers negated for the rest of the game because a Moloid stepped on a glyph!

I have a problem with that kind of game changing ability from a glyph, especially with that various cost levels in C3G that far exceed any in Valhalla units. I also have a real problem with them being used for playtesting, and not being able fairly evaluate a playtested unit when a glyph can have a pretty significant role in the outcome of the test. It's hard enough trying to evaluate some playtest results, we don't need junk test results because of a glyph playing a major role in it.

As I had said previously, I don't care what people want to do in their casual games. They can use anything they want and mix and match however they please. But when it comes to playtesting, I do care very much how they are done because I think it's important to try to balance a unit as best as possible and certain consistencies help in determining their cost and balance. After they are released, people can do what they please in their games.

Last edited by Hahma; August 2nd, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM

Yeah, I think that's just a good sense item we need to communicate with our testers - put your units (especially the one you're testing) in position to decide the game - don't have a map that decides the game. We know such maps exist, but that happening only tells us about the map, not about the unit.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If this is in fact the only Competitive Map with a Classic Glyph I don't have a problem with that being changed to an equally powerful C3G Glyph. If/when quozl wants to get around to it of course (and assuming we have it re-tested at least once).
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Back when I made this map, there weren't many C3G glyphs.

I think I was using Wannok to represent radiation from the crashed rocketship or the alien atmosphere. I can look into switching to an appropriate C3G glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:49 PM

Green Kryptonite wouldn't be as powerful, but would be radioactive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library