Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Custom Engraved Valkril Dice

@Leaf It, have you seen my tutorial on refacing Heroscape dice? If you had the blank dice with the raised edges like the other flagbearer dice you could use my technique. Its in my custom mods in my signature. Heres a link.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...9&postcount=82

After hitting them with a clear coat these have worked awesome.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:49 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Leaf It, have you seen my tutorial on refacing Heroscape dice? If you had the blank dice with the raised edges like the other flagbearer dice you could use my technique. Its in my custom mods in my signature. Heres a link.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...9&postcount=82

After hitting them with a clear coat these have worked awesome.
That honestly looks like it could work. I would still need to get permission to print the sticker sheets, but that's okay. The only big problem is that I would have to place 6 stickers on each dice, and spray at least two coats on each one, for several hundred dice.
Quote:
Repeat, over and over and over.
For how involved this process would be, a lot of people probably wouldn't be interested, when they otherwise would be, if I just sent the stickers with the blank dice, for everyone to spray themselves.

Last edited by Leaf_It; October 23rd, 2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typos
Old October 23rd, 2016, 05:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You have my interest in a set of 12.

Edit: No rush, especially if WotC said no.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 23rd, 2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 07:03 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You have my interest in a set of 12.

Edit: No rush, especially if WotC said no.
Awesome.

I'm working on a revised request to send them, which will be in a much more professional layout. I don't know that will matter but it will look nicer. I've also looked at other stuff that uses WotC property that was allowed to exist.

I'll see how things go.
Old October 28th, 2016, 12:37 AM

Well, here goes attempt #2 to try and get the green light from Wizards of the Coast. I looked up their customer support page on Intellectual property. That's why I start with my name, address, and stuff.

Quote:
Name: ██████ ████████
Address: ████████, Salt Lake City, UT, █████
Phone: ███ ███ ████
Email: ███████@gmail.com

Property I am requesting permission to use: Logos from the game Heroscape. The "Attack Skull", and "Defense Shield" logos found on the Heroscape Combat Dice. The logos of the Heroscape Generals, "Aquilla", and "Valkrill". I will attach an image of each logo I would like to use.

Detailed description of project: As you may know, Heroscape used 6 sided dice for attacking, and defending. These dice are called Combat Dice. Each die had 3 "Attack Skull" logos, 2 "Defense "Shield logos, and a blank side. When Heroscape was in production, 5 unique sets of combat dice were released. These special sets replaced the blank side of the combat dice, with the logo of one of the 5 Heroscape generals that existed at the time. Later on in Heroscape's production, 2 more generals were added to Heroscape. These 2 generals were "Aquilla", and "Valkrill". Unfortunately, they never received unique combat dice. Because of this, I would like to have custom made unique combat dice produced, featuring the symbols of the generals "Aquilla", and "Valkrill". I will order a single large order of these Dice. They will be for personal use only.

Where would the project be displayed and/or distributed: The dice will only be given to myself, and a small group of Heroscape fans.

Additional information that is relevant to the request and potential use: The dice will be distributed in sets of 12, because that is the number of dice a Heroscape master set came with. Each player in the group will receive a set of 12 dice.
The group I refer to, is anyone who says they want a set, in this thread. You will still have to pay the shipping to get them to you, and whatever the cost is to make them. I'm going to calculate it so that I would break even, if I were to sell all of them. I won't break even because some of them are for myself.
Old October 28th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well you can put me down for a set. I do love me some Valkrill.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 28th, 2016, 01:53 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Count me in as a definite.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 29th, 2016, 03:12 AM

I have bad news and good news

The bad news, is that WotC wasted no time responding this time. It was the same answer as before. "No, but we might change our minds in the future." That's not a direct quote, but that's basically what they said.

The good news though, is that I finally got a good conversation with that family member of mine, that used to be a lawyer. According to them, as long as I make the dice myself, they could be considered works of art. I can even use the official symbols and everything. The big catch is that I can't have any outside help. I have to be the creator, not a company that makes dice. It would be similar to someone who made custom heroscape terrain, and sold it on ebay. They can do that even though the interlocking hexagonal pieces are a copyrighted design, just like the Aquilla symbol. As long as I don't start mass producing them, I'll be okay. To ensure that this does not constitute mass production, if I go this route (which looks like the most promising at the moment) I'm only going to do a single run of production. I would make them once, and never again.

So I'm going to look into this. I don't want to do it unless I can ensure the quality. I'll post here again when there's something to show.

EDIT: I wanted to clairify some stuff.
What I meant when I said that "I can't have any outside help", was that I can't use any commercial service to add the symbols onto the dice. However, I can start with something from a commercial service, such as blank dice, and then add the symbols onto them, and call it a work of art. In this way I'm covered legally. And just to to be clear, I specifically asked if I could use the official copyrighted symbols, and if printing stickers from home and putting them on blank dice would work.

Last edited by Leaf_It; October 30th, 2016 at 03:23 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:26 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man, I really would love a set for this guy! Aquilla as well I suppose.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs