Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:24 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Dignan's Scraps - New Scrap 3/25

This is a collection of maps for an alternative tournament format we are using called Scraps. It features smaller maps and smaller armies for quicker matches so you can play more games at a tournament.

Update 3/25 - Sorry for the huge delay in adding more scraps. Here is a fresh one. More to follow.

Map: Ballycarbery
Requires: 1/2 RotV, 1 FotA

Map:Slush
Requires: 1/2 RotV, 1 TT
normal snow and ice

Map: Breeze
Requires: 1/2 RotV, 1 RttFF

Map: Crumble
Requires:
1/2 SotM, 1 FotA

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; June 7th, 2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM

Demon_Pyro is surprisingly tart
Re: Dignan's Scraps

I am absolutely in love with Breeze, I wish I had Rtff so I could build it. I don't know what it is about that map but its perfect.
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Breeze is quite lovely, J.

I see that SCRAPS is a heat-of-battle format. I like that to an extent, but it limits a lot of the "tactical" positioning because there's no time to position your dudes and flank or try classical attack patterns.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:36 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Breeze is quite lovely, J.

I see that SCRAPS is a heat-of-battle format. I like that to an extent, but it limits a lot of the "tactical" positioning because there's no time to position your dudes and flank or try classical attack patterns.
Yeah, there are sacrifices to make when using the "scraps" system. We've played a dozen or so games of it and had a lot of fun. It's not as satisfying as a fullblown game, but it's unique, quick, and bloody. Plus, the armies are typically pretty interesting.

It's just a light variant.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What is a typical point value you use for your smaller maps? I love playing smaller point armies, so your maps are definitely getting used at my house.

Keep 'em coming because they are greatly appreciated.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
What is a typical point value you use for your smaller maps? I love playing smaller point armies, so your maps are definitely getting used at my house.

Keep 'em coming because they are greatly appreciated.
We have been using between 300 and 350 points with a Heat of Battle setup. We also limit the armies to 14 spaces to avoid flooding the maps.

There are some additional suggestions in the thread linked in the OP.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

These maps are pretty good, one thing: Are they used for only heat of battle? And if not then where are the starting zones? Otherwise, great maps.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
These maps are pretty good, one thing: Are they used for only heat of battle? And if not then where are the starting zones? Otherwise, great maps.
They are designed specifically for a small heat of battle type format (see the link in the OP). With there being no symmetry on the maps, they really are designed for the open map placement that you get with Heat of Battle. You could have units set up in specific regions, but there will likely be some imbalances to face.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I think I'll be using your Scraps at the next game day at my church. We usually have multiple games to try out. This would make it easier to work Heroscape in on a regular basis.

Do you have any more Scraps in the works? It would be nice to have another Scrap to use the rest of the RotV from Breeze and one to use the rest of the SotM from Crumble. Just saying

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I think I'll be using your Scraps at the next game day at my church. We usually have multiple games to try out. This would make it easier to work Heroscape in on a regular basis.

Do you have any more Scraps in the works? It would be nice to have another Scrap to use the rest of the RotV from Breeze and one to use the rest of the SotM from Crumble. Just saying
Yep, I've got more scraps coming. I was out of the country for a little while and now that I'm back I'll get to posting more of them.

Old August 15th, 2013, 12:47 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have finally built Breeze and Crumble and have them both set up and ready for games. Since my family is so indecisive, I put together some army builds at 350 points designed specifically for Heat of the Battle. You can see the armies here.

Out of curiosity what armies has any one else played in the Scraps system?
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM

Re: Dignan's Scraps - New Scrap 8/21

Update 8/21 - Just added a new scrap I've been working on. Hope you like it.

Map:Slush
Requires: 1/2 RotV, 1 TT
normal snow and ice

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios