Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Iron Man MK III - Playtesting

After "saving" him, yeah, you won't normally get much more value out of him, but you could. Anyways, I think Marv Art is somewhat new to C3G, and that has to account for something here.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv_art
Just ran 10 head 2 heads
Batman: 2 Mark III: 3
Cyclops: 1 Mark III: 4

Definitely leave him at 200. I think Head 2 Head is extremely important when developing a fig. I bet I've done over 30 head 2 heads when developing my Juggernaut, after tweaking his powers. If you guys ever need an extra person to test Head 2 Heads I'd be more than happy to help out. There quick and I like how you can test the fig against Specials, Range and Melee.
How well did Batman stand up to Iron Man's Flying Ranged Special Attack of 4... WITH RANGE OF 6? That range of 6 bypasses Evasive Strike.

How did Cyclops do earning his point value when he had no allies to lead? Or how well did his life of 4 and defense of 4 stand up to Iron Man's life of 4 and defense of 6 WITH A DEFENSE POWER while their biggest attacks are on par with each other?

No offense, but I wondering how well YOU are trying to utilize Iron Man's strength's while exploiting those enemies' weaknesses.....

Last edited by Griffin; July 1st, 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: update in bold
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:23 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are you sure? I thought Marv_Art was in his 40's. His play tests have looked pretty solid in what I've seen over the past few months. I think it is the case of the swing creating good and bad experiences for different players.

I also think that you (Griffin) are more likely to squeeze more value out of any figure than anyone in C3G and as such lean towards the high end of a figures point range. This isn't a bad thing, just an observation as a point cost is rarely dead on, but rather a gray area of what each player can accomplish with each design.

Regarding this figures cost I'd say that a 'burned out' Iron Man post Circuitry Reroute is easily worth 40-50 points. Basically imagine how much a common hero with 5 attack / 6 defense would cost. He can also have as much as full life remaining after using Circuitry Reroute, if you were to biff big with your defense roll early on.
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Good points GP. I updated my comment in bold.

Thanks. I will pass this on to the Sanctum.
Quote:
Iron Man could get 1 attack in out of range before Batman could become adjacent, I think out of the 5 playtests Iron did get 1 attack that wounded Bat's before he was adjacent, which doesn't take much with Bat's move of 6. I had a couple of tests were Bat's didn't roll good on Evasive Strike and some where he did. I also had 2 out of the 5 tests, where Irons Circuitry Reroute saved him from a KO. 1 test he would have received 4 wounds and KO'd in one punch if it hadn't worked. I had to run the 5 tests over, because my first run, I forgot Irons didn't have a RANGE value more than 1 and Irons was rolling a range attack on Bat's of 6 dice with height adv. After I realized my error I reran the tests. Also, as for Cyclops, I think his biggest fault was his 4 Defense, he couldn't save himself without the help of his teammates. Iron's 4 or 5 attack was too much for him. Some figs don't work well with themselves and he's proof of this, that's why I used Bat's as an alternative test, he seems more on same level as Iron. I like this Iron more than the Hasbro version. And feel he's good at 200, Can't wait to see the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Quote:
Just ran 10 head 2 heads
Batman: 2 Mark III: 3
Cyclops: 1 Mark III: 4

Definitely leave him at 200. I think Head 2 Head is extremely important when developing a fig. I bet I've done over 30 head 2 heads when developing my Juggernaut, after tweaking his powers. If you guys ever need an extra person to test Head 2 Heads I'd be more than happy to help out. There quick and I like how you can test the fig against Specials, Range and Melee.
How well did Batman stand up to Iron Man's Flying Ranged Special Attack of 4... WITH RANGE OF 6? That range of 6 bypasses Evasive Strike.

How did Cyclops do earning his point value when he had no allies to lead? Or how well did his life of 4 and defense of 4 stand up to Iron Man's life of 4 and defense of 6 WITH A DEFENSE POWER while their biggest attacks are on par with each other?

No offense, but I wondering how well YOU are trying to utilize Iron Man's strength's while exploiting those enemies' weaknesses.....
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Honestly, from those head-to-heads (3-2 versus Batman, and 4-1 versus Cyclops) I'd put him at 210 minimum. So I'd say the tests have him at 230 and 210 thus far, which balances out at 220 - we'll see what the third test adds to the equation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 02:50 AM

That sounds logical.
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM

Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Iron Man mk. 3

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass. Unless you're dumb and bring only low-move non fliers on a map with a lot of height.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. Simple but sweet, Shoot then scoot with your Iron suit.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? Tested at 200 points, felt okay here, but I played him recklessly.
- Give a brief overview. Iron Man got owned pretty hard due to a whiff against Supes and then a Reroute fail. I think this Iron Man is simple and complex at the same time. An inexperienced player (whether new to the game or just new to Iron Man) can look at him and think, "6 defense and the opportunity to not die? I can put him right in the thick of things!" Unfortunately, as we all know well by now, 6 defense and 4 life is a bit of a glass jaw, and Reroute is more of a bonus than anything that should play a large roll in your strategy. But actually, I think this is perfect, as it can encourage an arrogant playstyle, which is theme = win.
Anyway, his team actually did very well here, and Iron Man did manage to rough Supes up a little, so I would definitely pay 200 points for him and can see the potential for more.
Map: X Marks the Spot (No Team Up)
Units: Iron Man, Giant Man, Thor, Cap (Hasbro) (1030) vs. Superman, Doomsday, Flash (1040)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? Tested at 220. Definitely worth every bit of his points here and more. Based on this test, I would have absolutely paid up to 230 for him.
- Give a brief overview. Vigilantes is an army that has very good, but not excellent, mobility. I thought it would be interesting to really explore Iron Man's kiting potential here, and Vigilantes seemed a very fair army to try it against.
Vigilantes... got... OWNED. Iron Man's army is actually pretty awesome... excellent threat range, good defense, decent offensive power, and excellent flexibility. Definitely an army I'd try again.
Map: X Marks the Spot (No Team Up)
Units: Batman (Bruce), Robin, Huntress, Echo, Daredevil (800) vs. Iron Man, Flash, Hush, Bodyguards x 7 (795)

Spoiler Alert!

MARGLOTH'S BONUS SUMMARY O'DOOM!
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM

I think 220 works for us here.

I propose we move to Final Editing at 220.
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Iron Man MK III - VOTE for Final Editing

220 sounds like the sweet spot here.

Edit: yea!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

yea to editing

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yea to Final Editing.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library