Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old August 29th, 2019, 11:23 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker
Re: [Pod 1] UKUSHIA PRIDE (Blazing Firecats) - Design

If no one else likes my idea
Quote:
For inflame how about they regain a marker when one of them is destroyed.
I personally prefer this
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
A crazy idea came to mind last night. If markers don’t work out what about something like...

RAGING FIRECATS
For every unrevealed Order Marker on this Army Card, add 1 to the Pride’s move and attack.

This lets them play the tune of the fire that burns the brightest dies the fastest because an opponent is most likely going to try stopping the pure carnage these guys will create. A base move/attack of 5/3 will help keep them from overshooting in raw power too.
than regaining from lava field and attacks that don't affect figures with lava resistance.

Long live heroscape

Last edited by The Long eared bat; August 29th, 2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old August 29th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I liked regaining markers from lava fields and not-affecting-lava-resistant-figures powers because of the potential soft synergy with the fire lady. If we aren't going that route, forget the recharge. These are uniques; longevity isn't important, and not having the recharge makes for tighter decisions.
I think that Scytale's right on the money here. The idea for recharging markers from lava field and some limited Special Attacks is neat because of how it's new yet relatively minor. As a unique, aggressive squad, the Pride really doesn't need a way to recharge markers, but providing the soft synergy or slight boost to lava maps is a nice touch without dominating the playstyle. I haven't seen many other ideas for regenerating markers that capture the same feeling, and since it's ultimately not necessary to the playstyle that's been discussed, I think that most other ideas don't hold the same appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
A crazy idea came to mind last night. If markers don’t work out what about something like...

RAGING FIRECATS
For every unrevealed Order Marker on this Army Card, add 1 to the Pride’s move and attack.

This lets them play the tune of the fire that burns the brightest dies the fastest because an opponent is most likely going to try stopping the pure carnage these guys will create. A base move/attack of 5/3 will help keep them from overshooting in raw power too.
I appreciate what you're going for, but I don't think that it lines up with what this pod seemed to be leaning towards. It's significantly weaker because it forces you to commit to them for the round to get their value, but as shock troops that probably isn't what you want to do, especially since you're locking yourself into "weaker" turns with them. The cyclic nature of them potentially "rekindling" every round is also thematically different from them using up their flame via markers and having to make decisions on when to use them.
Old August 29th, 2019, 01:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It was just an option to add kindling to the fire.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 21st, 2019, 12:53 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree that Extinguish seems odd in reference to the Fire elemental which has Negative Element. C3V has been working on the large fire elemental which is more akin to current scape creatures FYI. Not that these have to be like Fire elemental but if these are elementals (which I feel they should be, unique or not) then it'd be a closer fit. Elemental will work for the "look" given C3V has a Reaper bones figure that looks similar. Also Kurrok won't come into play as these are large creatures. The ablative factor of whatever is chosen to give a boost, etc should be enough of a drawback especially since if any unit dies that's less creatures to use. Compare to the Werewolf Lord and his counters which are limited. Recharging seems unnecessary as well, too much work to get that to work on a card, I'd rather the rest of the card be stronger and keep the points down.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; September 21st, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:03 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Bumping this - it seems like we’re not quite where we want to be with these guys.
Old September 29th, 2019, 01:02 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I think what is currently in the OP is fine and simple.

Long live heroscape
Old September 30th, 2019, 12:21 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Only change I personally would make at this point is to replace Extinguish with Water Weakness. Other than that I think this is a solid card as is.
Old September 30th, 2019, 01:19 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Fine with Lava Resistance and everything else except...

Since there is no recharge component for markers I am not in favor of Water Weakness in its current form proposed (please correct me if I am wrong -2 DEF).
Unless a complementary Fire Strength in lava (+1 att +1 def).

I'd be in favor of the card if water weakness was removed.
Old September 30th, 2019, 02:37 AM

It doesn't make much sense if Ukushia Pride have water weakness, but are able to pass or be in water and still be able to inflame.

Long live heroscape
Old September 30th, 2019, 03:51 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Remember that we’re making a master set here. Think of ROTV levels of simplicity. There’s talk right now of paring down other units.

As a wise man once said, remember that this is a game, not a simulation. Not everything has to be pushed to its logical constraints. What you have in the OP seems good. I’d even take out Extinguish and maybe give them negative element from the fire elementals.
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:24 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Remember that we’re making a master set here. Think of ROTV levels of simplicity. There’s talk right now of paring down other units.

As a wise man once said, remember that this is a game, not a simulation. Not everything has to be pushed to its logical constraints. What you have in the OP seems good. I’d even take out Extinguish and maybe give them negative element from the fire elementals.
Negative element works for me instead of water weakness.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I was looking at these figures yesterday. Possibly Outsider as a Species? It's a generic D&D term for otherworldly inter-dimensional creatures that are not necessarily a demon. Might be something that could be built upon.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs