Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old July 24th, 2015, 01:50 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
The Book of Blazing Firecats

The Book of Blazing Firecats
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers master set

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by Ninja Status; July 24th, 2015 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Fixed!
Old July 27th, 2015, 03:31 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Blazing Firecats

For Haste, is it just one blazing firecat or the whole squad?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old July 27th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Just one. It can be very powerful in the right circumstance because normally a squad must wait until after the opponent takes a turn before they can do anything. I've used it to block a figure in the water and get the quick attack from height for extra tasty damage.

~Aldin, rapidly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:44 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Just one. It can be very powerful in the right circumstance because normally a squad must wait until after the opponent takes a turn before they can do anything. I've used it to block a figure in the water and get the quick attack from height for extra tasty damage.

~Aldin, rapidly
Awesome thank you. Great strategy there! Shall definitely give it a try.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 9th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We had an interesting encounter at our last night's game and I promised them to post it here to check on correctiness.

Quote:
INTENSE STRIKE
Whenever a Blazing Firecat attacks, if you roll at least 2 crossed weapons symbols for its attack, it gets +1 hit.
We interpreted this as armor penetration.
Firecat vs Gideon, 2 swords vs 3 shields.
Gideon had enough shields to block, in fact, one excess shield counterstruck the cat for 1 hit.
While the cats didn't have enough swords to overcome the shields, they did roll 2, guaranteeing 1 hit on Gideon.
Firecat: 2 swords: 1 wound; Gideon: 3 shields: 1 wound.

Some arguments:
Since the Firecat dealt damage, counterstrike is negated;
The +1 hit only happens if there are hits, so if Gideon had rolled only 1 shield, that shield would have blocked one of the swords and the other sword dealt damage and that damage was +1.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 9th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hunh. I've previously interpreted it as "+1 crossed weapon symbol". Does the rulebook define a "hit"?

~Aldin, curiously

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 9th, 2015, 06:46 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

We've been playing it as an additional crossed weapons symbol, as though it were rolled on the dice. I think there's definitely room for interpretation here though. Confred's interpretation had not occurred to me. I'll have to look back through the cards to see if the "hit" terminology ever appears elsewhere.
Old October 9th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are cards that add crossed weapons symbols, this one adds "hits".

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 10th, 2015, 02:59 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It could be a simplification of the Scape Fire Elemental's special. Definitely makes them stronger to interpret as a burn hit that breaks through. Somewhat wonky though. I would rather this type of thematic ability was not given the chance to get better with height by making it trigger on all crossed weapon symbols instead. That way the reward of height has to be weighed against a lesser chance of the ability triggering. Either way, interesting interpretation @Confred . Thanks
Old October 10th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

You roll 2 hits, it counts as 3. You roll 3, it counts as 4.

In your example, FC roll 2 and add 1 for total of 3. Gideon rolls 3. No Damage, no Counter Strike.

That's my take.
Old October 10th, 2015, 09:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

My interpretation is the same as @Cavalier.
No where does it say unblockable hit.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 10th, 2015, 09:55 AM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Actually the rulebook answers this on page 11, (3) of "How to Attack." Cavalier is correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards