Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 2nd, 2020, 08:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Cyclops (AoA)

The Book of Cyclops (AoA)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations & Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #023 / Cyclops.

Character Bio - In the Age of Apocalypse, Scott Summers was raised by one of Apocalypse's allies, Mister Sinister. Sinister's favored child, Scott grew to become a trusted lieutenant. However, Scott began to see the evil in Sinister's works, and secretly undermined him, often releasing captives. Eventually he openly rebelled and teamed with Jean Grey to combat Apocalypse's regime.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol next to Cyclops's secret identity indicates that he is draftable into the same army with other Scott Summers cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Cyclops' Apocalyptic Defector special power increases the amount he can subtract from initiative rolls if you control a Telepath.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:29 PM. Reason: png
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cyclops (AoA) (Design)

NAME = CYCLOPS
SECRET IDENTITY = SCOTT SUMMERS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REBEL
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

APOCALYPTIC DEFECTOR
After rolling for initiative, if there is an Order Marker on this card, you may choose any player and subtract 2 from their roll, or 3 from their roll if you also control a Telepath.

RESCUE MISSION
You may add 1 to Cyclops' Range and Attack numbers when he attacks a non-adjacent figure that is engaged with a figure you control with his normal attack. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from this attack and is not destroyed, you may immediately move each figure you control that is still engaged with the defending figure up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure.

EVIL EYE DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 13th, 2021 at 02:58 PM.
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
post-apocalyptic city imagery sort of thing, most likely
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; January 11th, 2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 08:26 PM
Symbiotic

Relatively recent spin on this character that I've had written up for a while, so not super settled. Powers are both reuses, notably.

I think Nobody tossed out a couple ideas for a third power, but nothing that immediately jibed with me - I like him as a two-power card, so I figured I'd leave him at that for now and have space to add on if testing shows he needs a little something extra.

That's all assuming the design stays relatively intact through the initial design phase here, though. No guarantees on that, I know, since a lot of people are probably getting eyes on it for the first time.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 08:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks fun. Rescue Mission is a nice power. Evil Eye Defense is a funny reuse, but it definitely fits here!
Old December 2nd, 2020, 08:52 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I dig what you have thus far. I don't have the answer to this question quite yet, but my biggest questions are:

What does this design offer to the existing AoA synergy?
Are there any built in interactions in mind with fellow AoA teammates with the powers?
What point value would be ideal for army building with other AoA designs?

I can't bring myself to focus very well at the moment, thus no suggestions/analysis on my behalf, but that's what I'd hope to see with the design personally.

As it pertains to point value, here are some AoA army point totals:

Magneto(340), Wild Child(160), Rogue(300) (800)
Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230), Rogue(300) (800)
Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230), Wild Child(160), Jean Grey(240) (900)
Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230), Blink(145), Scarlet Witch(255) (900)
Colossus(325), Blink(145), Nightcrawler(230), Rogue(300) (1000)
Magneto(340), Wild Child(160), Scarlet Witch(255), Quicksilver(245*) (1000)
Magneto(340), Wild Child(160), Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230) (1000)
Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230), Wild Child(160), Jean Grey(240), Rogue(300) (1200)
Sabretooth(270), Nightcrawler(230), Wild Child(160), Jean(240), Rogue(300), Scarlet(255), Blink(145) (1600)
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:22 PM
Symbiotic

I think in terms of interplay with the other units, he slots in well in that his range makes it easy for him to benefit from (and set up other Mutants to benefit from) X-Men Stand Together. He has some utility in being able to move friendlies and get them out of engagements risk-free, which I think some of the melee ground-pounders in the gang will like. (And also hopefully Jean and her big explosion SA like that too)

Plus I think there's just some value in being a not-that-expensive crazy long-range guy in a web that doesn't have another source for that.

Might be cool if he weighed in at 170? Don't think what I have down is far off of that, and it tracks for me that he'd be around that point total; he's similar in power level to 616 Cyclops, seemingly, but doesn't have the same level of leadership stuff going on.

170 is a point cost the Rebels haven't hit yet. It'd let you swap him in for Sabretooth at 100 down, and put him + Sabretooth at 440, 100 up from Magneto and 200 up from Jean. So that'd set up decent flex in swapping things around.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I do like hitting points that are 100 points apart from existing members, for better draft options and swapping etc. I did a lot of that already, though Gambit II does come in at 170 as a Rebel, so he covers that option purely from a Rebel army standpoint.

Current AoA/Mutant Rebel Designs:
Blink (145)
Colossus (AoA) (315)
Gambit (II) (170)
Iceman (AoA) (260)
Jean Grey (AoA) (240)
Magneto (AoA) (355)
Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme) (230)
Rogue (300)
Sabretooth (AoA) (270)
Shadowcat (AoA) (185)
Scarlet Witch (II) (255)
Wild Child (160)

245*

I tried giving every number a pair that could make for a 400 or 500 point block as well.

I'm not sure where Morph would come in at, but I do have Quicksilver(AoA) slotted for 245(100 off from Blink, and a nice 500 point combo with Scarlet), and I'd imagine X-Man maybe closer to the 400 mark, or exactly 400.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:47 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

170 definitely seems do able point cost wise. Could probably fit in a light tough third power and still be at that price just fine.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:50 PM
Symbiotic

Dang, missed Gambit. Also missed that Mags actually landed at 355 in my last post, I was thinking he was 340.

Agreed with X-Man being up there around 400. (Or higher - dude's ridiculous)

But back to Scott, 160 (though redundant with Wild Child) would make him an even block with AoA Jean and Sinister. 180 would make him an even block with Apocalypse. (I'm assuming the normal versions of Sinister and Apoc there, since those characters aren't really different in AoA).

So angling for 170 and being okay with moving off that by 10 points either way seems fine to me.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Huh, didn't know Rescue Mission was a reuse, as it feels too specific. Interesting that that seems reusable here.

Point-wise, I think anywhere from ~180 to ~250 feels right for an adult Cyclops, but I can buy cheating him a little bit lower since AoA version is less of a leader and more of a lackey.

I might go with something more like Self-Doubting for his personality - I haven't read AoA in a long time but I remember him being pretty angsty. But I mean, it as the 90s, so was half the universe.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:53 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Well if you haven't read it in a long time, you were probably a teen at the time and everything seems angsty as a teen.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library