Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Modified Assault Daleks

Ok I'm happy to try reducing the defense, so I have uploaded the new version. As for points that's where we get to the crux of their strength. My reasoning is that 1 Dalek could take out nearly any HS standard heroes so 2 as a squad would basically clear out a whole city. So this is the power balancing act I have been playing. Although they are "common squad" I wanted it to be costly to have too many of these & I wanted it out of range for a 400pts army to have 2 squads. So that's why I was aiming at a minimum of 210 & was more than willing to go up in points. I know other HS squads are cheap, but I believe without luck 2 squads of AE shouldn't be able to take down 1 Dalek, & HS caters for luck quite nicely.

So I guess my real question is, because it (expensive common squads particularly in this instance) hasn't been done by Hasbro (yet) does that mean we shouldn't do it?

My next is a Jadoon squad, I also have K-9, Dalek Sec- Human Hybrid, & I have a Warewolf that I won on ebay coming. I also 12 other random figures coming (hoping at least to make up a complete squad of cybermen for myself & an actual Dr Who would be Brilliant)

Cheers
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A3n's Dr Who Customs

This thread is relevant to my interests...

*subscribes*

Old July 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know if this was mentioned because I didn't read all the posts, but the power on the Daleks, when it said all the blanks, I would always use the old blue dice instead if I were rolling for that. So I would recommend rewriting that power.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:44 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I don't know if this was mentioned because I didn't read all the posts, but the power on the Daleks, when it said all the blanks, I would always use the old blue dice instead if I were rolling for that. So I would recommend rewriting that power.
I don't have, & have never seen the old blue dice. Do they have more blanks? Can somebody advise here please.

Cheers
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Some time ago I got one of those 7 pack of Dr Who Micro Universe figures & I have been meaning to do some custom cards for them but just been too slack. Today I decided to start, so here is where they will go when completed.

Assault Daleks
This is the first custom for the moment. There will be more to come. Thanx to Dragonranger for inspiration on some of the specials.

Thanx for looking & any feedback you provide.

Cheers
Two 30% chances per activation to auto-destroy ANY hero? Two guaranteed chances to destroy squad figures? Although massive, you'd hardly ever use their normal attack.

These guys are pushing the limits of the Heroscape game engine in terms of power. Even at 210 points, they are undercosted.
At the same time they are medium sized common squad figures. They are susceptible to a lot of specials out there. Deadeye Dan has a 50% chance of killing one with his special attack (from 10 spaces away!), Grimnak can auto-kill one per turn, and Braxas could reliably kill a 2 per turn, just to name a few. They could be nasty, but they could go down in a hurry. That's a lot of points to invest in a unit that can go down that easily to lower cost opponents.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have, & have never seen the old blue dice. Do they have more blanks? Can somebody advise here please.

Cheers
The old dice were separate attack and defense dice, so the blue dice had 2 shields and 4 blanks. Maybe change the wording so that you use skulls for shields. It's the same probability.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM

What about a different approach for the Dalek Shield:

When rolling for defense, you may re-roll up to 2 dice once.

??

Feedback please.

Cheers
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
What about a different approach for the Dalek Shield:

When rolling for defense, you may re-roll up to 2 dice once.

??

Feedback please.

Cheers
Looking good.
How about...

DALEK SHIELD
When rolling defense dice, a Dalek my re-roll any dice that show skulls. Dalek Shield may be used only once per defense roll.

This will allow you to possibly re-roll more than just two dice or maybe none at all. It might bring more of a balance to the re-roll ability. Of course, what you already have is good as well.

Boy, the Daleks are a tough unit to balance. On one hand you don't want them to be overpowered, but on the other, if they aren't super powerful then they are just robots that look like Daleks.
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:25 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think that it should be,
After rolling defense die against a defending figure, you may choose to reroll all of your defense dice.
I think then it would bring some fun into the defense.
Maybe change my poor wording, but I think that it should be considered if people have the other defense die or attack die.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
After rolling defense die against a defending figure, you may choose to reroll all of your defense dice.
Maybe change my poor wording, but I think that it should be considered if people have the other defense die or attack die.
DALEK SHIELD
When defending against an attack with a Dalek, you may choose to re-roll all of the defense dice. You must use the second defense roll.

I can see the fun in that-- "That wasn't a very good defense roll, I'll roll again. But wait! What if I roll worse the second time? But what if I roll better? Aaargh! What should I do!?"
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
DALEK SHIELD
When defending against an attack with a Dalek, you may choose to re-roll all of the defense dice. You must use the second defense roll.

I can see the fun in that-- "That wasn't a very good defense roll, I'll roll again. But wait! What if I roll worse the second time? But what if I roll better? Aaargh! What should I do!?"

I don't see that as a fun. They have only one life so If they are not destroyed it is a good roll if they are you re-roll. It only becomes a dillema with a multiple life Figure.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Modified Assault Daleks

Quote:
So I guess my real question is, because it (expensive common squads particularly in this instance) hasn't been done by Hasbro (yet) does that mean we shouldn't do it?
You have been trying to ballance the power levels and make them playable for Scape. As with the question above I know that the Comon hero concepet Upsets some people, but it is a custom. I had to use it for several of the drow. If it will make them work to give them multiple life you get rid of the dificultys with the Sheild. Also, by making it a single fig you can have them just as powerfull when attacking but with only one fig you eliminate the complaints about getting a set of autokill abilities. With them being a common hero you get to buy multiples.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Felindar, Thanks for the reminder- I forgot for the moment about the 1 life.

You could also solve the problem by making them unique heroes. You could make 4 of them- Dalek Sec, Dalek Caan, Dalek Thay, and Dalek Jast (the 4 members of the Cult of Skaro).

They would all have the same abilities since they are Dalek, just different names.

I know this removes it far from your original intent, though. Just brainstorming here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards