Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 10th, 2014, 07:17 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I haven't been able to find it yet, but is there a good rule of thumb on availability needed for certain miniatures to be taken on by VC? Obviously it's a bit nuanced and comes down to numerous factors such as price of the miniature, whether it's common, uncommon or unique, the point value it would get assigned, how many you would draft in an army, whether many members already have it, whether or not it's still in print, etc.

Even given that, is there still a general rule of thumb that you go by?
Back when we had the Mok figure for sale, we used that sale to try and gauge the amount of interest in C3V customs so that we could determine a baseline of availability a figure would have to meet in order for us to design a card for it. Nirek came up with some rough numbers for us:

Uniques - 70+ figures
Uncommons - 120+ figures
Commons - 175+ figures

Obviously there is some wiggle room in those numbers, but that's a good rule of thumb to use when making suggestions for us.
Is this info stickied somewhere? It would be helpful if it was. (Were?)
Old March 4th, 2014, 03:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

And note on the 175+ for commons, that's per-model--so each model in a common squad needs to have an availability of roughly 175+.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Awesome new figures announced from Pathfinder: Russians!

Yup, straight up WWI style Russian soldiers from the next Pathfinder set (which dips into "fighting Rasputin" as a plot point). An area that never really gets attention in miniatures... I think the gas-masked guy would make for an AWESOME filler hero for Vydar! Give him the same Grenade Special Attack off of the Airborne Elite, maybe some snow-and-ice bonus or something with his gas mask, fairly low stats... that's be awesome.

Lady-with-a-Machine-Gun no doubt has some applications as well.
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:38 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Yup, straight up WWI style Russian soldiers from the next Pathfinder set (which dips into "fighting Rasputin" as a plot point). An area that never really gets attention in miniatures... I think the gas-masked guy would make for an AWESOME filler hero for Vydar!
You mean Wrath of Winter? I only read through the first section of the Adventure Path, but it deal with Baba Yaga. Did they really have a more modern part of the adventure in Pathfinder?

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Yup, straight up WWI style Russian soldiers from the next Pathfinder set (which dips into "fighting Rasputin" as a plot point). An area that never really gets attention in miniatures... I think the gas-masked guy would make for an AWESOME filler hero for Vydar!
You mean Wrath of Winter? I only read through the first section of the Adventure Path, but it deal with Baba Yaga. Did they really have a more modern part of the adventure in Pathfinder?
It does indeed - PART 5: RASPUTIN MUST DIE!
Old March 7th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

and it's reign of winter btw

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

They're not exactly official numbers.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:29 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
True, but a rule-of-thumb / in-the-right-ballpark / metaphor-that-means-you've-got-a-pretty-good-guesstimate would still be helpful, for folks who aren't as involved in the project but see a cool mini to suggest here, or have a potential SoV submission. Just a thought.
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:
True, but a rule-of-thumb / in-the-right-ballpark / metaphor-that-means-you've-got-a-pretty-good-guesstimate would still be helpful, for folks who aren't as involved in the project but see a cool mini to suggest here, or have a potential SoV submission. Just a thought.
I suppose I could edit that info into the OP of this thread, if I thought anyone would see it there.
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Is this info stickied somewhere? It would be helpful if it was. (Were?)
"Were" is correct. Past subjunctive (condition contrary to fact).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I suppose I could edit that info into the OP of this thread, if I thought anyone would see it there.
That would be great! Just so it's not buried away.
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Perhaps a flock of Ravens?

Only two to a squad, I know, but if numbers are sufficient for the Pathfinder Crow, I can see a "Multiple Squads" per booster type scenario, like the Zombies. They would also need to have a swarm or flocking power. Being only crows I think they'd only have 1 attack/defense die.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs