Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 19th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Do flying characters take leaving engagement attacks as soon as they start to move?
Yes unless otherwise stated on the card. If they choose not to fly, they can move like a normal walking character and not take leaving engagement attacks until they actually leave the engagement. As soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.

The leaving engagement strike(s) happen "as soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying." Using the movement rules that we all know, moving a figure does not involve declaring the destination prior to moving, so "as soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying" they are breaking engagement, regardless of their eventual destination.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:39 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
anyone have some recommendations for a 3 player map? I'm particularly looking for one where I can get an overhead 3D image for use in an online heroscape game.
Dignan's multiplayer maps is a good place to look.

Tannegx just made a pretty cool looking 3 player map.
Thanks IS! I PM'd them to see if I can get an overhead of one of the 3 player maps. Good options!
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:40 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Maybe you should read the thread that he linked to.
I did read the first post, and didn't see and references cited. My apologies that I have not been able to read the entire 20 pages of the thread in the last 5 minutes.

EDIT: And now I've read all 20 pages. Still didn't answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
"as soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying" they are breaking engagement, regardless of their eventual destination.
But it doesn't say that. It says a leaving engagement attack's timing occurs as soon as they start to move; it does not say that flying/leaping/etc. automatically breaks all engagements. Can you show me an official source that declares that flying automatically breaks all engagements? It's just not consistent with the other material or with the text on the cards.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; February 19th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The Cursed 666 Page! Aaaahhhhh!!!

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 19th, 2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Fitting for the Flying "discussion" to find it's way up to this page, huh? lol
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bill, read the "actually" part again. This makes it abundantly clear that as soon as they start to fly, they disengage all figures they were adjacent to.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
But it doesn't say that. It says a leaving engagement attack's timing occurs as soon as they start to move; it does not say that flying/leaping/etc. automatically breaks all engagements. Can you show me an official source that declares that flying automatically breaks all engagements? It's just not consistent with the other material or with the text on the cards.
There's a lot about Flying that isn't clearly worded in the power. The ability to take off flying anytime during movement is one of those things that's not in the power, but it is how it's supposed to work.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:47 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
anyone have some recommendations for a 3 player map? I'm particularly looking for one where I can get an overhead 3D image for use in an online heroscape game.
More:

3-player maps by everyone

Piherculis has a bunch of good 3-player maps, too.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Piherculis maps are really good.

There are a few 3 player maps in the tournament thread linked in my sig. A couple from Piherculis, a few others.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:58 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Can you show me an official source that declares that flying automatically breaks all engagements?
There's a lot about Flying that isn't clearly worded in the power.
Okay ... so where is the forced disengagement officially defined?

— — — — —

Let's say for the sake of argument that I accept the view that the standard "will take any leaving engagement attacks" clause forces all engagements to be broken regardless of whether you end up adjacent to the same figure, and it overrides the principle in the FAQ about only counting your starting and ending spaces. That's what you're all saying, yes? Then I believe we would all agree that the following would be true:
  • RotV Drake grappling up next to Grimnak takes a passing swipe, but SotM Drake does not.

• Mika's Shadow Dance and the Marro Drudge's Swamp Water Tunnel force them to break engagement even when remaining adjacent, but the Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse does not.

• Earth Elemental's Underground Movement forces it to break all engagements; Granite Guardians' Gain High Ground does not.

• Abomination's Super Leap, yes; Samuel Brown's Fire and Rush Special Attack, Agent Skahen's Cover Fire, and Sir Gilbert's Jandar's Dispatch, no.
Can we agree on all that? Is that how everyone plays?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"When Raelin starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks."

What are you people arguing about? It's right on the card!

/sheesh

edit: Bill, you are adding stuff that's not on the card. It doesn't say "and moves away," it just says "starts to fly, ... take any leaving engagement attacks."

You are adding words that are not on the card.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
  • RotV Drake grappling up next to Grimnak takes a passing swipe, but SotM Drake does not.

• Mika's Shadow Dance and the Marro Drudge's Swamp Water Tunnel force them to break engagement even when remaining adjacent, but the Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse does not.

• Earth Elemental's Underground Movement forces it to break all engagements; Granite Guardians' Gain High Ground does not.

• Abomination's Super Leap, yes; Samuel Brown's Fire and Rush Special Attack, Agent Skahen's Cover Fire, and Sir Gilbert's Jandar's Dispatch, no.
Can we agree on all that? Is that how everyone plays?
The ones in green I know are correct. Not sure about the others.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
"When Raelin starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks."

What are you people arguing about? It's right on the card!

/sheesh
He apparently doesn't like something about the word "any."

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's