Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 7th, 2015, 03:19 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Is this too well known of a Super Hero to consider using for a Aquilla Kyrie Warrior?

Kyrie Warrior
The Kyrie are so much larger than the even the human scale Heroscape figures .. that I think a Clix Hawkman would not look right as Kyrie Warrior.
Old January 7th, 2015, 03:27 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Is this too well known of a Super Hero to consider using for a Aquilla Kyrie Warrior?

Kyrie Warrior
The Kyrie are so much larger than the even the human scale Heroscape figures .. that I think a Clix Hawkman would not look right as Kyrie Warrior.
I'm not sure about this particular figure, but I know the one on the C3G card is actually pretty close to Kyrie Hero size. The really early Hawkman figure barely looks scape human sized though. Clix scale is a total crap-shot, but the figures seem to be trending a bit bigger on average lately.

*DISCLAIMER! By quoting you I am in no way calling you out or attempting to be rude or snide.

Edit- Another Disclaimer, that was first disclaimer was meant seriously, I didn't recognize hippos new avatar and thought he was another new guy. I really didn't want to tick off anyone else, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately, the time was 2:30 in the morning, and it mostly just made me look like a dick.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; January 7th, 2015 at 04:27 AM.
Old January 7th, 2015, 03:54 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Uh, wow... okay. Glad you know infinitely more about comic books than me when it concerns Hawkman ^^ I was trying to say something positive so I guess I need to apologize?

Quoting my post just to single me out is really kinda rude and feels snide. That's the second time I've gotten that vibe from people here on this forum... really not liking it. Thanks @Soundwarp SG-1
quoting people so they can see your reply to their original post is a very common theme in all forums not just this one.

Soundwarp was certainly not trying to come across as "Holier comic booky than thou" He was simply being informative.

I am sorry that you have had a previous experience on this forum that left you feeling attacked. This is a VERY friendly forum compared to all the other forums I lurk. It is best to just assume everyone has the best of intentions here (because that is the case 99.99% of the time). Welcome to the site and I hope you feel better about the site as you lurk/participate more.
Old January 7th, 2015, 04:13 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
It is best to just assume everyone has the best of intentions here (because that is the case 99.99% of the time).
THIS

In my honest opinion I would not see Hawkman as a passable figure. However, if there is high availability, I could be persuaded. I would have put the sculpt on the same level of recognizability (perhaps lower) as the Zettian Infantry/ Super Battle Droids, so I suppose there is precedent.
Old January 7th, 2015, 04:33 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

On Topic- I've done some quick measurements and, assuming that the Trinity War Bases are the same size as the current clix bases, I think new Hawkman is coming in a little short for a Stormtrooper...er Kyrie. So that's two strikes against in my book.

Off Topic- At this point, I think Shiftrex really just wants to put this behind him. We've settled our misunderstanding, so I'm asking everyone to please just drop it.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 7th, 2015, 11:03 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Hawkman is waaay too recognizable IMOO, he's at least a C-B Lister level hero that's been on TV a decent bit. He'd get a solid 'hell no' from me at every possible turn I could vote on him, not even close to acceptable IMOO.

Of course, if I was around at the time, I would have given a 'hell no' to the Zettian Infantry for being far too recognizable, so clearly not every shares my opinion. But if someone's going for SoV, know that he's never getting an up from me, and I'm usually the soft serve judge, so you'd be in for an up hill battle most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
It would probably cause a moment of memory lapse if you paint over the symbol on his chest xD he has a long standing place in comics and one in cartoons as an 80's magic super hero much like Space Ghost. Basically if you didn't read comic books or grow up watching cartoon network in the mid 80's to early 90's you would have no idea who he is
Hawkman (in one form or another) dates back to the 40s, his first television appearance was in the 60s (as was Space Ghost's). He's not an '80s magic super hero', that might have been when you first saw reruns of Super Friends, but that's hardly the only era where Hawkman was on TV.

Pretty much anyone who watched Justice League (which was was in the 2000s) probably has at least an idea who he is, Hawkgirl was a core member of the team.
Thanks for your input, though I have no idea who Hawkman is. I am getting some mixed readings on this one.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
On Topic- I've done some quick measurements and, assuming that the Trinity War Bases are the same size as the current clix bases, I think new Hawkman is coming in a little short for a Stormtrooper...er Kyrie. So that's two strikes against in my book.
Haven't we already flown this coop with the figures for Andask and Calibrax? I don't own the figures so I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that they are nowhere near the size of Kyrie. Maybe the Valkrill Kyrie run a bit shorter. Maybe Aquilla Kyrie run a bit shorter, too. In any case, the stars really have to align in order to meet the heaps of miniature criteria to make another Kyrie. You can say that's fine and probably never make one and that perspective is fine. I'm personally a little bit more liberal about it and am willing to forgive certain blemishes to see VC continue to expand.

On a related note, everything we use will be borrowed from something else and can be recognized in another way. Hawkman is a B or C lister superhero from DC comics who is not slated to be starring in any of the upcoming theatrical releases. While he is a slightly higher profile than I would hope, I'd still hold that he is not iconic enough that even people who'd recognize him couldn't see past that to whatever unit is designed.
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm with D_S and Soundwarp on this one.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:44 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Haven't we already flown this coop with the figures for Andask and Calibrax? I don't own the figures so I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that they are nowhere near the size of Kyrie. Maybe the Valkrill Kyrie run a bit shorter. Maybe Aquilla Kyrie run a bit shorter, too. In any case, the stars really have to align in order to meet the heaps of miniature criteria to make another Kyrie. You can say that's fine and probably never make one and that perspective is fine. I'm personally a little bit more liberal about it and am willing to forgive certain blemishes to see VC continue to expand.
+1

Quote:
On a related note, everything we use will be borrowed from something else and can be recognized in another way. Hawkman is a B or C lister superhero from DC comics who is not slated to be starring in any of the upcoming theatrical releases. While he is a slightly higher profile than I would hope, I'd still hold that he is not iconic enough that even people who'd recognize him couldn't see past that to whatever unit is designed.
+1...this is not Superman or Batman or Spider-man we are talking about...it's Hawkman, who looks exactly like a Kyrie.
Old January 7th, 2015, 02:09 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

I like all of what you just said Ixe.(How many times can I positive rep you for this )

I think that with the reality that Heroscape faces, that sometimes we have to look past issues like this. Everything is borrowed from somewhere. We are not trying to pass Wolverine or Superman off as a Vahalla Heroscape figure.

If Hawkman never existed(and this sculpt was created somewhere else), everyone would be cheering for such a great Kyrie Warrior Sculpt. I say to myself, if you are accepting a game that has Dragons, Elves, Dwarves & Orcs... couldn't you accept a Kyrie Warrior that is based on a lesser known Super Hero?

I know this might not change your mind, but perhaps mull it over

Last edited by Kinseth; January 7th, 2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Removed @, felt it wasn't right to call out several.
Old January 7th, 2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Off Topic- At this point, I think Shiftrex really just wants to put this behind him. We've settled our misunderstanding, so I'm asking everyone to please just drop it.
Would he be the same size or smaller than the two latest Kyrie Warriors VC just produced?

Old January 7th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There's normally some disagreement when it comes to importing a pre-existing fictional character's mini. Sometimes we have used it; other times we haven't. That's why we have votes.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs